200+ PESTICIDES TO BE ALLOWED ON WASHINGTON RECREATIONAL MARIJUANA

• Thread starter oscar169
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
inthegorge

inthegorge

Just because there are 200 pesticides allowable does not mean growers will be using even a portion of them. This list of allowable products is full of some nasty shit! Growers have to have each strain grown lab tested including for chemicals and then the results are available when you buy it at the shop. I doubt many people will want to buy weed that has chemicals listed in its lab analysis, I certainly would not. I also do not plan on using any pesticides if I can get away with it just like any of you and if I do have to it will be the least offensive stuff we can manage. Our grow will be treated like an electronics clean room operation, filtered intake air, no street clothes or shoes in the grow areas, everything spotless and bleached when we open, etc. As anyone that grows knows, keeping a crop pest free inside is a bitch and trying to get rid of any bugs inside is even more of a bitch. I think most people that applied for growers licenses feel the same as you or I....chemicals in the herbs we smoke or eat are not anyone's objective! The department of agriculture allows all sorts of nasty stuff to be used on food products every day. It is not really that unexpected that they would allow nasty stuff on herb even if every consumer out there prefers that they didn't. I personally feel that most growers will try to keep their products organic whether they can list that they are or not. I certainly will. Even with that said though there are sure to be growers that just want to do it the easy way so really it boils down to buyers being selective on what they will put up with. Don't buy products that tested positive for any chemicals. People won't produce what won't sell.

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
God bless you, but I think there will be a LOT of growers who won't give a shit and will use these 'cides' on their product.

I don't know how much growing you've done, but it seems to me that you'd do well to learn as much about organic pest control and IPM as you can. :)

salmonslammer

salmonslammer

Sometimes you just have to wonder who the hell is making these crappy decisions in government agencies one word Shitty:mad:

inthegorge

inthegorge

I am sure there will be growers with bad habits but if the consumer is choosy they won't be in business for long. Nothing is perfect unfortunately:-(

I have read as much as I possibly can about natural pest control and IPM. In my earliest days of growing I found out about spider mites, thrips, fungus gnats, and mildew. I haven't used a non edible chemical substance for over 20 years and I plan to keep it that way:-)

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
However, in order for the customer to be choosy, they have to be educated, and on top of all that, the grower has to be truthful (paper trail) about what they're using. So the question I have is how the state plans on handling it.

inthegorge

inthegorge

You are so right! Since WA requires all growers to lab test their products everyone that purchases a product has the lab report available to them. Labs here are just really getting up to speed on testing though so hopefully they will catch everything that is being used by the growers:-/ At least testing is required here.....buying from the guy down the street has always been a crap shoot. It all remains to be seen I guess.....I am hoping for the best but expecting the worst!

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
I like the testing because it can't be cheated the way pesticide reporting can.

Capulator

Capulator

likes to smell trees.
Supporter
Damn dude banning home growing for med patients?! That's the end of it right there. Too sad.

And will the people stand up to this? Probably not. We fucking suck.

When will be pull our heads out of our asses
and stop letting a handful of folks run the masses?

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
The thing here is that the 'masses' voted *for* this scenario.

inthegorge

inthegorge

Nothing is banned here yet. The WA state legislature in "all its wisdom" (oxymoron for sure) asked the WA Liquor Control Board to offer recommendations on medical use here. What on earth the liquor control board should have to do with a medical issue is absolutely bizarre to me. They originally "recommended" no medical growing but they had so much of an outcry from everyone involved with medical in the sate that they backed off of that plan and now their "recommendations" include 6 plants per medical card which is less than 1/2 of the 15 plants that are allowed now. It is just "recommendations" so far and we will see if the good people of WA state let them get away with all of this foolishness or not. All the public meetings on the issue were extremely heated and no one was happy with the LCB's ideas. For the LCB it is obviously all about money because they want their share of every single bud that is grown in the state. It is a shame that they are involved at all:-(

If it were a perfect world it would just be legal, period and anyone that wanted to could just grow their own.

inthegorge

inthegorge

The thing here is that the 'masses' voted *for* this scenario.
None of us voted to change medical requirements here. We voted for legalized recreational weed with the assurances that medical would not be touched. Just shows how honest and forthcoming the government is here or anywhere else for that matter:-/

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
I thought that the bit about medical cultivation was written into 502 (that was the legislation, yes?).

inthegorge

inthegorge

No it was not written into it. After I502 was passed the legislature added "Section 141 of the state operating budget directs the Liquor Control Board to work with the departments of Revenue and Health to develop recommendations to the Legislature regarding the interaction of medical marijuana and the emerging recreational marijuana system." The WA legsilature did this in October of 2013 nearly a full year after I502 was voted on. The public had nothing at all to do with this....it is totally governmental. The general public would not have voted to change medical use here. The only reason we had medical here was a ballot measure to begin with. It may take another one to restore a reasonable solution since the governing bodies here think that taxation takes precedent over everything else:-(

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
And your state constitution allows the legislature to amend voter-approved laws? That was the catch with SB420 post-Prop 215, our state constitution doesn't allow the legislature to make those kinds of changes.

Seems that something's gotta happen with regard to the medical side, in a big, big way.

Top Bottom