2000w, 25sqft, 9-site KISSed up RDWC - full grow w pics

• Thread starter sedate
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
sedate

sedate

Hey everybody.

I wanted to do a post on a dead-simple RDWC I put together. I've had the RDWC inch for sometime but I haven't done one for a variety of reasons. But I got to it.

I'm not really planning on updating so I thought I'd stick this here instead over in grow diaries.

The soil vs. hydro comparison (self-explanatory, see the pics below) is pretty mind-blowing in this example. And anyone looking for a easy layout for a (relatively) cheap RDWC setup might dig this.

So check out this space - its a 5x5 walk-in-closet w titanium white walls:
2000w 25sqft 9 site kissed up rdwc   full grow w pics 2

When I first hooked it up, I used a pair of 600's - but one of the ballasts took a shit and I have mad spare 1000s - so now I use a pair of 1000w Ushio's instead. Over 25sqft. :)

2000w 25sqft 9 site kissed up rdwc   full grow w pics

And for a long time I ran five soil plants in a staggered formation - productive and easy peasy - but I knew I was leaving some money on the table.

And I've had the RDWC inch for a bit.

2000w 25sqft 9 site kissed up rdwc   full grow w pics 3

So I KISSed together 9 3-gallon buckets on a 5-gallon control bucket with a small Eco-Plus pump. Large air stones in each bucket and 1/2" inch ebb&flow fittings from NGW plumbed together in rows back to the control bucket.

As practical and straightforward a system as I could design.

It's missing the bottom center plant because I stopped for lunch and when I got back one of the plants had dried out, lost turgor, and died - no vegging in system at all just over-rooted 4x4 rockwool blocks straight into each 6" net.

I actually have no intermediate pictures of these - not sure but I've been busy and didn't get any - but check out the results:

2000w 25sqft 9 site kissed up rdwc   full grow w pics 4

Botanicare Pro series base nutrients, Bushdoctor benificials, and a 55-day flower period.
Augrdwcharvest 002

About 1/3 of the way through the chop. Poor girl center-row-right had one cola up the right side - it got so beat out for light by the center plant and the back-row-right.

Augrdwcharvest 024

All cut down. Drying on a wire extending across the top of the veg chamber - out of direct light but lots of airflow and several carbon scrubbers in this room. All ready to go with our next generation without missing a beat.

Not sure what the final numbers are but this is probably 2.5x the largest take out of that closet. I'm quite pleased.

Rdwcclosetreset 006

And we are all reset. :)

green punk

green punk

Nice visual comparison. What kind of nutes on both, if none on soil, what you use on the dwc? What differences you find as far as gram per watt per medium? Also dried shots? Hows the burn compare?

Latest posts

Top Bottom