2010 Tax, Regulate and Control Poll

• Thread starter kushpheen
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None

How will you vote on the 2010 Tax, Regulate and Control Act?

• Yes

Votes: 17 22.4%
  • No

Votes: 45 59.2%
  • Undecided

Votes: 14 18.4%

• Total voters
K

kushpheen

I'm trying to get an idea of how much support the tax, regulate and control act of 2010 currently has. If your a California voter please weigh in on how you will be voting on this initiative come November. Anyone is more than welcome to post their thoughts on the initiative in this thread, but unless your a registered California voter, please refrain from voting in this poll. Thanks!

S

SkyHi

We must find a way to make a growers collective to a mass our numbers and fight this thing the california cannibis scene should be controlled mainly by its growers not its retailers this is how most of the agri business is today....some state guidlines to follow can be useful....thats not what this bill is!!!!!

D

danko

here you go pheen. make your own proposal!

Propositions

When is the deadline for initiatives to qualify for the ballot and which election ballot will they appear on?

Measures have to qualify by 131 days before the election and they would appear on the next statewide election ballot. This can allow measures to move from one ballot to another in the event a special statewide election is held prior to the regularly scheduled statewide election for which the measure originally qualified. For example, a measure that qualified for ballot on December 1, 2008, would appear on the next regularly scheduled statewide election ballot, which is June 2, 2010. However, if a statewide election is held prior to June 2, 2010, this measure would appear on the ballot for that earlier statewide election ballot, provided the election is 131 days after the date on which the measure qualified for the ballot.

How and when are numbers assigned to state propositions?

State propositions are generally numbered between 131 and 105 days before an election and are numbered in 10-year cycles starting with the number "1," according to Elections Code section 13117. The current numbering cycle starts with the November 4, 2008, General Election.

How can I learn more about California's statewide initiative process?

The Secretary of State's Statewide Ballot Initiative Handbook contains some very useful information on this topic.

How many signatures does it take to qualify a statewide initiative?

The number of signatures required for initiative statutes must be equal to at least 5% of the total votes cast for Governor at the last gubernatorial election. The number of signatures required for initiative constitutional amendments must be equal to at least 8% of the total votes cast for Governor at the last gubernatorial election.

all you need to know right there.

peace

D

danko

i think its important for people to know that this bill will in no way shape or form change anything that prop 215 or sb420 has set fourth.

this is an email from the folks at the campaign. i contacted them to ask the source.

Thanks for the email! First of all, the email you sent your inquiry to
is not affiliated with NORML so you'll have to contact them directly
to get their impression of the initiative. I was able to peruse
through the discussion board (sorry I wasn't able to get through it
more, we have quite a backlog of emails to get to) but I'm able to
address some of the concerns:

1. Prop 215 and SB420 will remain UNTOUCHED by our initiative. It is
possible that some people will opt out of medical cannabis if they can
buy and consume recreational but that means the medical cannabis
community is likely to become more tight-knit. As to how the chips
will fall, it's too early to quite speculate.

2. Though there may be less of a demand for medical cannabis, there
will be more of a demand for recreational cannabis. Those same growers
who may be adversely affected from decreases in medical demand may be
able to sell through the proper channels for commercial cannabis
sales.

3. Our initiative leaves recreational cannabis guidelines to local
government control. As far as regulations, permitting, etc. are
concerned, we leave it up to local government control much in the way
that medical cannabis was left up to local governments. This allows
for the free markets to find an appropriate model for recreational
cannabis sales as some methods will ultimately work better or worse
than others.

I hope that answers some of your questions. Please have
concerned parties email us at [email protected] . Growers are one
of our most important bases so we want to make sure that all concerns
are addressed because we think that almost everyone stands to benefit
from the initative.

Best,
The Tax & Regulate Cannabis Team
Tax & Regulate Cannabis - California 2010
1776 Broadway
Oakland, CA 94612
(510) 394-5344

S

SkyHi

Agreed! /\/\/\ the growers should be united!
"United Coalitition of Medical Cannabis Growers"
lets not just give this away my friends, weve worked to long and to hard.
It aint like I cant put 100 barrels of whiskey in my house.

So lets be real about this.

Who can stay medicated all yr off a 5x5 garden?

Nuff said!

I could maybe with a high yeilding quick finisher, oh wait im not allowed more than an ounce WTF!!!!!!!!

Danko: look at home many times these mother fuckers ref. "WE " and "OUR" its not theres its everybodys. Proper channels my ass they just realize that there is more money in rec and med and there tryin to capitalize

O

ograskal

So with this bill i will only be allowed to grow 1 ounce in a 5x5 area?....~ogr

S

SkyHi

Gotta throw the rest away? idk lol

Ill be creating a 10 story house thats 5x5 ....they didnt give height requirements ....

D

danko

im pretty sure the bill says rec users cant purchase more then one ounce at a time.
you guys keep forgetting your rights as medical cannabis users.

you guys have got to make that separation or you'll just keep thinking your getting screwed. nothing will change for the medi users.

S

SkyHi

im pretty sure the bill says rec users cant purchase more then one ounce at a time.

you guys have got to make that separation or you'll just keep thinking your getting screwed. nothing will change for the medi users.

Man YOU must own a collective ......

Dude the fucking email for NORML you posted even said its self

"Prop 215 and SB420 will remain UNTOUCHED by our initiative. It is
possible that some people will opt out of medical cannabis if they can
buy and consume recreational
but that means the medical cannabis
community is likely to become more tight-knit. As to how the chips
will fall, it's too early to quite speculate."

O

ograskal

I'm talking about non medical growers...What good is it to be able to grow in a 5x5 space if you can only posses an ounce...You can already posses an ounce and the only thing they can do to you is fine you $100 bucks max.....To me this new Bill sounds like shit...doesnt make sense..~ogr

D

danko

no shit. all the people who dont want to pay 150 for the medical rights. fine with me. that just opens more opportunity.

og, the point of that is to discourage illegal resale. just like now they want you to be registered through your county for the state card to grow and be able to hook up dispensaries. its so the state gets there taxes. we are never going to get away from paying taxes on herb unless its totally illegal. it doesnt say you can only posses an ounce, it says you can only purchase an ounce.
once again medi user can still grow there 6 mature 12 immature plants in whatever size are you please. non medi patients cant.

first off i never said i owned a collective. you cant own a collective, its a collective! by definition owned by its members. i said i grow for a collective of which im a member. buy fyi, i did just file to the state my application to start a collective that i will be president/director of.

M

mrdizzle

enough danko, go cast your vote, not a single other person has jumped on board with your side. let the chips fall where they may

O

ograskal

no shit. all the people who dont want to pay 150 for the medical rights. fine with me. that just opens more opportunity.

og, the point of that is to discourage illegal resale. just like now they want you to be registered through your county for the state card to grow and be able to hook up dispensaries. its so the state gets there taxes. we are never going to get away from paying taxes on herb unless its totally illegal. it doesnt say you can only posses an ounce, it says you can only purchase an ounce.
once again medi user can still grow there 6 mature 12 immature plants in whatever size are you please. non medi patients cant.

first off i never said i owned a collective. you cant own a collective (omit adj insulting ones intelligence), its a collective! by definition owned by its members. i said i grow for a collective of which im a member. buy fyi, i did just file to the state my application to start a collective that i will be president/director of.

So with this new law can a non med grower grow over a pound in a 5x5 tent and still be legal?...How much will a non medical grower be able to posses then?...~ogr

K

kushpheen

Danko, why would you or anyone else want to be limited to possessing only an ounce or to be able to grow in 5x5 area, when they can pay a nominal fee for a doctors recommendation that will allow them to possess and grow amounts reasonable with their conditions?
The average medical patients are the consumer base of medical dispensaries. If the majority of these consumers choose to purchase mass produced agri-corp cannabis from recreational dispensaries, the medical marijuana dispensaries will either A) Go out of business or B) Become recreational dispensaries. Therefore, the growers who are currently supplying these dispensaries such as yourself
finally made it to cali and am now growing for a collective! couldnt be more stoked! -danko
Will no longer be so 'stoked' they will all be 'broke'

If you think that norml has any interest in protecting the rights of growers or consumers, you are deeply misinformed. Why would an organization that would cease to exist once cannabis laws actually get reformed have any motivation to succeed in that goal? Follow the money trail, and you expose their true motivation. You might as well be quoting the office of national drug control policy statistics during the Reagan administration.

Since I support the MERP model, the true legalization initiative, I don't need to waste my time or anyone elses to create another. rich lee bought every single signature on his ballot, I haven't made a fortune in the non-profit medical marijuana industry, so I'm unable to spend millions of dollars investing in a ballot initiative that would allow my cannabusinesses to make billions in a recreational cannabis economy.

Widowmaker

Widowmaker

OZ and 5x5 grow are state wide minimums. Some counties will raise their limits. These limits are just the beginning, when the neighboring states are legal the limits will go out the door. Are there limits on liquor and tobacco? It’s just a step to real legalization. Do you really like the way it is now.
:icon_spin:

K

kushpheen

So with this new law can a non med grower grow over a pound in a 5x5 tent and still be legal?...How much will a non medical grower be able to posses then?...~ogr

Exactly, where in this bill does it outline what the fines or sentences will be for possessing over an ounce or growing in an area over 25sqft? Why was this information left out? Yet there are very specific fines and sentences for providing cannabis to minors.

The reason this bill will get support from the powerful law enforcement and prison guard unions, is they realize there will still be plenty of new marijuana criminals to fill jail cells, which can continue to waste the resources of our judicial system with non-violent offenders.

O

ograskal

Well my County will definately be sticking with the minimum....doesnt sound to good to me...I'm leaning on voting NO myself...~ogr

D

danko

well you can take advantage of any system bro. hell, someone said somewhere "whats to stop someone from growing 5x5 in a silo and stacking a bunch of grows?"
awsome! if he gets busted i bet a good lawyer would get him off lol.

and i know no one has had my back in the least on this issue. but i did see there are some undecided votes up there.

Top Bottom