2011 Season Colorado Vegetable Gardens

• Thread starter chickenman
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
chickenman

chickenman

Premium Member
Supporter
Lets see whats in your vegetable garden...Were planting this week heirloom organic vegetables started in our greenhouse, will post pics as we go...

D

DoobyScoo

Got a late start.
Just seedlings for me right now.
Guess I'm gonna need that veggie greenhouse built before Sept/Oct.

Oh well, veggie garden was down on the to-do list for this year.

S

Shady Acres

I'm at 10,700 ft so i'm just now able to put things out during the day

Texas Kid

Texas Kid

Some guy with a light
My brocolli is already kickin, zuchini and yellow squash are being a lil slow to get their legs, red and green peppers just starting to move a lil and the tomato-rama is just gettin into gear....I will post up pics when i get my cam back kickin.

Goin to put out some cabbage and hot peppers this week

Tex

Bubblehaze

Bubblehaze

Ill post some pics as soon as my plants are big enough to recognize. They are still seedlings. The first ones froze with the last cold snap. OOPS

chickenman

chickenman

Premium Member
Supporter
We got...Tomatoes...Brandywine, Early Girl, Cherokie Purple, Black Cherry, Green Zebra, Paste, Chocolate Cherry.... Beets, Bulls Blood and Purple passion... Squashes, 8 Ball Zucinni, Yellow Squash, Green Squash. Crook Neck... Cucumbers, Yellow Cucumbers, Picklers, Burpless, Sweet... Basil, Thai, Sweet, Lemon, Chocolate... Melons, Watermelons, Cantaloupe, Green Melon. Rasberries, Artichokes, Okra, Tomatillos, Dill, Parsley, Brocolli, 4 types of onions, potatoes, corn, spinach, lettuces, garlic...Each plant kissed by wife just before its planted. in ground...Going to be a banner year!!!WE can, freeze enough for winter, sell and donate the rest...

chickenman

chickenman

Premium Member
Supporter
Garden

Gardeen 003 800x600

Gardeen 004 800x600

Gardeen 006 800x600

Six foot high tomatoe set up. Will prune vines we they grow and develop a tunnel of tomatoes...Will string hemp twine on top so vines can grow both up sides and on top.....Entire garden is covered in landscape cloth for weed control. Garden is irrigated with drip tape, from artesian well water filtered and ran thru a water restructure system. Chickens free range all winter in garden, soil is awesome...

MileHighChic

MileHighChic

Just put all my veggies out last week and so excited to watch them grow.

Tomatoes- Purple Cherokee, Mr. Stripey, Yellow Pear, Brandywine, Big Beef, Sweet Cherry, Roma

Cucumbers- Armenian, Japanese, Sweet Burpee, Amici Asian

Sugar snap peas, Sugar Daddy and Chinese Yard Long Beans

Raspberries, Strawberries and Blackberries

Grapes- Himrod and Marquette

Beets and Radishes

Bok Choy and Asian greens

Chayote Squash, Birdhouse Gourds, Yellow and Zucchini Squash

Crimson Sweet Watermelon and Hale's Best plus Sweet and Early Cantaloupe

plus more..... here's to a bumper crop for everyone! Will post pics soon and I'm doing it all organic!

chickenman

chickenman

Premium Member
Supporter
Thanks to the Moderator for putting this thread back under Colorado. I think were unique with our gardens in this great state and we can show it here...

S

Shady Acres

nice work chicken man, that is awesome. i'll post some pics later this summer of some Hoosier Pass grown veggies

chickenman

chickenman

Premium Member
Supporter
Dang chickenman, im jealous of that OD garden. Looks clean as can be. Gonna have some good eats outta there.

CC

Thanks CC the landscape cloth is awesome, will last several years, we bought the quality Heavy Duty cloth keeps soil warm, saves water, prevents weeds, pays for itself

chickenman

chickenman

Premium Member
Supporter
Hey Mile High Chicken...see you planted those Cheerokee Tomatoes, arent they just amazing? the color and texture of the fruit is great... I think I like those best...

Tripsick

Tripsick

View attachment 151621

View attachment 151622

View attachment 151623

Six foot high tomatoe set up. Will prune vines we they grow and develop a tunnel of tomatoes...Will string hemp twine on top so vines can grow both up sides and on top.....Entire garden is covered in landscape cloth for weed control. Garden is irrigated with drip tape, from artesian well water filtered and ran thru a water restructure system. Chickens free range all winter in garden, soil is awesome...

Nice setup i cant wait to see it loaded with veggies

chickenman

chickenman

Premium Member
Supporter
009 800x600

007 800x600

Farm truck..1948 GMC... Bought truck from the orignal owner. It never left his farm. Currently has only 15,000 orignal miles. Runs like a sewing machine...

chickenman

chickenman

Premium Member
Supporter
003 800x600

Not exactly from the garden, but we still raised these milk and grass fed young goats, not easy having to butcher...

DowNwithDirT

DowNwithDirT

your fuckin hardcore.......

gotta love that truck though.

Green Mopho

Green Mopho

WOW, chickenman, you are living the dream! I wish I had a setup like that...I'm just getting ready to build my planter box on my patio today. Using a mix organic compost, peat, and sandy top soil for water retention. Got some decent sized plants for the planter, throwing in some herbs, basil, mint, catnip (yea our cat loves that shit), as well as some vegetables, zuchinni, butternut squash, three different peppers, and strawberries. Also got some nice heirloom tomatoes that shouldn't get too viney and do okay in the planter, but the hybrid tomatoes I'm keeping in separated pots, as they will grow like nuts and take over the planter if I allow them.

I'll be watering and feeding this garden with the runoff from my organic indoor garden. Recycle, baby!

Also going in is a few Deep Chunk plants I started from seed earlier this year. Not looking for any substantial harvest on those, nor am I culling the males. Just tossin' em in there to do something with 'em! Oh, and if you are in Boulder County and your outdoor cannabis plants end up getting pollenated....sorry, it was probably me and you probably have a nice DC hybrid! LOL!

Latest posts

Top Bottom