2013 vegetable garden thread...

• Thread starter chickenman
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
K

kolah

We have a Chicken-MAN and........................ it appears we now have................ a Chicken-women

chickenman

chickenman

Premium Member
Supporter
Off to a good start........

Natural

Natural

any thoughts about getting rid of ant hills near the garden?
vinegar? pipe tobacco tea?

chickenman

chickenman

Premium Member
Supporter
A few of our Veggies In the greenhouse will start planting end ofmonth

chickenman

chickenman

Premium Member
Supporter
Man... that garden is gonna be a DREAM to tend.

Huh. Our ants threw their tiny shiny heads back and scoffed.
Huh...usually when they are exposed it tears the living shit out of them....
Maybe look into raising ant eaters.......good eating from what I here.....

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
I was hoping chickens would be my anteaters.

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
<jaw drops> I so want that. We'd have to buy another piece of land, and it'd have to be downcountry, so we can find the flatness.

GI JO

GI JO

Canna: Great looking garden, looks like you're feeding a lot of people! I assume that you can or freeze a lot of your produce, just like all the prairie farmers here in Canada. Best way to eat, for sure!!

cannabeans

cannabeans

Canna: Great looking garden, looks like you're feeding a lot of people! I assume that you can or freeze a lot of your produce, just like all the prairie farmers here in Canada. Best way to eat, for sure!!

The majority of the tomato's that I grow are determinate roma tomato's. We definitely are canning those for use over the winter. I have 4 types of peppers in there too, Two of which dry very easily for storage as well. One is a Italian cayenne that is typically used for crushed red pepper, the other is an Italian Sweet red pepper that also dries very well. The majority of those peppers are for storage as well. The other two are orange and red bell which I will sell locally.
I am also growing some produce to sell to my neighbors. Purple podded pole beans, Blue lake pole beans, Straight 8 cucumber, montana muskmelon( cantaloupe). There are also 3 indertiminate tomato's as well. I have other greenhouses, but this one is the most productive.

I really wish that I could mix some cannabis in there, but my location just doesnt provide the security that I have had in the past.

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
Schedule F'in it, ya are. If you mixed cannabis directly in those beds (keep it separated) then taking the Schedule F deduction would be a bit more difficult if/when inspected. ;)

Top Bottom