2016 Trim Machine Thread

• Thread starter connoisseurde420
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Kdub

Kdub

Alright, I borrowed 2 dry trimmers from friends this weekend and I am impressed with both for different purposes.
I have been running my nice indoor buds through a Greenbroz dry trimmer. It is so quite I was shocked. Everyone that has seen it says the same thing. We ran many different strains through with very nice results. I would say that it as close to hand trim as I have seen out of a trimmer. I did run some that was dried on a screen instead of hanging and the leaves were all folded tight to the bud. It did not do as well with that batch. You still have to reach in as it's running and pop extra leaves off and whatnot but overall very impressed. I JUST got done and I trimmed almost 4.5 lbs that were already bucked off the stem after drying. They were however stripped when wet. It took my about 3 hours by myself. Over a p an hour is pretty fuckin good.
The other is a Trimpal, we used this one for our popcorn and crappy lookin trashy stuff. Poured in to it with stem chunks, dead fans, all that. Let it run for 10 minutes or so and ended up with a bin of chopped up trim and a crapload of small frosty nuggets in the drum. This stuff I woulda generally just bagged and threw to the side. Anyways, I still need to get pics but I'll get to it.

Last edited:
connoisseurde420

connoisseurde420

sweet to hear @Kdub, i am leaning towards a dry trim when i have to do more at once. theres almost no labor compared to hand trimming, wander or not.

Now after a couple days with the wander and a couple different strains im getting faster with it. Been trimming for a buddy who had blue dream, maui, and another really leafy strain. No og or sours or cookies yet. Really helps to keep the wand clean. When it is clean works just like the videos show. With one helper i think i can do about 3-4lb in a d 6-8 hour day pretty easy (about double my normal output if you hand trim faster than me you will be faster with this). Still very manual labor tho.
My goal is to take down my room in a week. even if i pull two per light and get 14 lbs from my 7 lighter the wander keeps me on track. 5, 8 hour days with a lil help should get me there without killing my hand or taking all my time. Feel like im maxing it out tho. Wouldnt want to do more than 20lbs at a time with one wander more would require a team. one taking down and taking off fans, 2 wander workers, one breaking down or hanging the trimmed buds. perfect for one person and 4-6 lights tho, i feel wish i had this 5-7 years ago when i was taking down 5 a week.

thank you everyone for the input!

JakeCake27

JakeCake27

I am in the market for a trimmer. My usual trim procedure is to wet trim with scissors and hang dry. We are starting to pull 10+ a month and looking to double in the spring, I need a damn trimmer. We have no team of people, I rely on myself for most the work and I need something to speed me up to like pulling a room down in a few days instead of a week or two. I like to run a large percentage of og and cookies, diesels, aka delicate flowers, most flower that goes well thru a trimmer is less $ but not always. I prefer on the branch to hanging racks or whole plant drying. I have dry trimmed before with scissors and it took forever, probably just me tho. If a machine can do it efficiently than thats cool with me.

I have ran the trim pro rotor quite abit and it is okay. Only works with round bubba, blue dream, maui types. OG or fragile buds it will grind away the buds to trim pile. Also it beats them up pretty good, difference between hand trim is obvious but was hoping it would at least trim all my buds. Most things don't do well in the trimpro but the varieties it does trim go real fast, 2 lbs an hour easy I would guess if you can keep it fed. Do not want a trim pro i can get one for free cause by buddy has an extra.

I pretty put off by the bowl types for wet trimming unless someone has some input.

Dry trimming in one of those barrel seems like the least labor intensive way to trim. But my dry trim game is off although i could do it.. Gaging the dryness seems to be the trick with the barrels but i have never used one. Kinda leaning to the trim pal as my dry trimming option if I go that route.

Tube style like the centuion seems real nice but i feel like the buds get beat alot in there and you get a lot of trich loss as opposed to dry trimming barrel. Never used one of these just speculation.

Last style that I really like the style was the wander trimmer. The vac attached to the trimmer type of thing. It looked good in the videos but its hard finding some real reviews of it. Would really like to hear input on this one. Its the same price as trimpro rotor and I feel I could just about do the same amount of work with it when working by myself. Having a team makes the trim pro faster but can trim my high $ varieties. I saw one thread where someone said their super sticky buds clogged the machine constantly so it was a pain in the ass. The buds being trimmed in the video were pretty lame looking. They definitely weren't trimming OGs but some kind of leafy variety that would take forever to hand trim and they mowed right along. Im guessing stuff i want to trim is going to be easy with this thing if it doesnt clog. OG when grown right isnt the hardest to trim but still takes time.

Ugh so much to think about. I read all the other threads and they are getting old so I started a new one, HOPING there was something i dont know. Someone out there is just smokin doobies while I trim my life away lol. Please share pros and cons of the units you have experience with. really want to hear about that wander trimmer....

Thanks farmers! :)

What is every
The style im

Trimmer Types:
Over the last 2 years I have created from the ground up a commercial grade, closest trim on the market, easy to use cannabis trimmer named the Top Shelf Trimmer. I am looking for people to use my machine and give me feedback. I'm working with a few growers (myself included) as well as a dispensary in Colorado. I truly believe I created a machine better than the T2 in each and every-way for one reason- because after using the T2 myself for many years I set out to make a machine that anyone could use and get better results and more versatility than the other finicky, expensive machines available. My machine trims both WET and DRY and does both excellently. If you want to know more contact me. We are in final tests now but if you are in Colorado I would love to introduce you to what I have! Best- Jake

JakeCake27

JakeCake27

If anyone is in Colorado and wants to use a new (wet or dry but really need wet testers) trimmer possibly for free in exchange for some feedback pm me.

cemchris

cemchris

Supporter
We had someone come by and demo this unit (small one). I have to say it worked pretty damn good but the RH has to be spot on for it to work correctly. Too wet and it just tumbles it. Quality was A+ for a trim machine.

20160412 055124
A

Aligirlwritr

I am in the market for a trimmer. My usual trim procedure is to wet trim with scissors and hang dry. We are starting to pull 10+ a month and looking to double in the spring, I need a damn trimmer. We have no team of people, I rely on myself for most the work and I need something to speed me up to like pulling a room down in a few days instead of a week or two. I like to run a large percentage of og and cookies, diesels, aka delicate flowers, most flower that goes well thru a trimmer is less $ but not always. I prefer on the branch to hanging racks or whole plant drying. I have dry trimmed before with scissors and it took forever, probably just me tho. If a machine can do it efficiently than thats cool with me.

I have ran the trim pro rotor quite abit and it is okay. Only works with round bubba, blue dream, maui types. OG or fragile buds it will grind away the buds to trim pile. Also it beats them up pretty good, difference between hand trim is obvious but was hoping it would at least trim all my buds. Most things don't do well in the trimpro but the varieties it does trim go real fast, 2 lbs an hour easy I would guess if you can keep it fed. Do not want a trim pro i can get one for free cause by buddy has an extra.

I pretty put off by the bowl types for wet trimming unless someone has some input.

Dry trimming in one of those barrel seems like the least labor intensive way to trim. But my dry trim game is off although i could do it.. Gaging the dryness seems to be the trick with the barrels but i have never used one. Kinda leaning to the trim pal as my dry trimming option if I go that route.

Tube style like the centuion seems real nice but i feel like the buds get beat alot in there and you get a lot of trich loss as opposed to dry trimming barrel. Never used one of these just speculation.

Last style that I really like the style was the wander trimmer. The vac attached to the trimmer type of thing. It looked good in the videos but its hard finding some real reviews of it. Would really like to hear input on this one. Its the same price as trimpro rotor and I feel I could just about do the same amount of work with it when working by myself. Having a team makes the trim pro faster but can trim my high $ varieties. I saw one thread where someone said their super sticky buds clogged the machine constantly so it was a pain in the ass. The buds being trimmed in the video were pretty lame looking. They definitely weren't trimming OGs but some kind of leafy variety that would take forever to hand trim and they mowed right along. Im guessing stuff i want to trim is going to be easy with this thing if it doesnt clog. OG when grown right isnt the hardest to trim but still takes time.

Ugh so much to think about. I read all the other threads and they are getting old so I started a new one, HOPING there was something i dont know. Someone out there is just smokin doobies while I trim my life away lol. Please share pros and cons of the units you have experience with. really want to hear about that wander trimmer....

What is every
The style im

Trimmer Types:

I just picked up a Wander Trimmer. EZ works to describe this machine.

I trimmed healthy bud, full and round, bud with foxtails, and fluffy more delicate flowers. It worked very nicely especially with a helper. I think this brings the most productivity to the whole picture.

I usually have heavy outdoor processing, but plan on year round flowers coming out regularly in the number of about 3 every month. If I have a budtender working for me as needed at an agreed upon method of compensation, other than per pound, I know I can save $ and get the flowers trimmed by hand and machine in a quality fashion.

The machine operation takes some practice. I used a crackpot with water in it to put the wander in with sticky buds. Wet trim is best, but with the variable speed of the vacum and the cutting blade motor, both can be accomplished. This also allows for the more delicate flowers. Key is the wetting of the blade throughout the process. I'm thinking hemp seed oil in water, with out the heat might work better. Still exploring options. I found the sponge option takes special attention as you can get sponge pieces in the trim that goes into the vacum if not careful. Keeping your trim space wet allows for quick drinks of water. Angle is everything and tapping.

Overall, it's a great machine. With a helper, I trimmed 1.5 lbs., bucked it, etc... in about 4.5 hours.

I too am looking for a machine that could do 25 lbs or more...perhaps 250lbs in a good 8 hour day. There will be a need for mobile processors here now that the industry of retail is upon us. PEACE... Aligirlgrower

C

CproMike

What is every
The style im

Trimmer Types:

C

CproMike

Good Afternoon,
I would like to Intro myself, I am a rep for Centurion Pro let me know if you are still in the market for a trimmer - Our trimmers work the best as wet and they also trim dry. we have 4 models to choose from that trim anywhere between 6-24 lbs an hour. its harvest season, we are the best in yielding the most in productivity and decreasing labor cost as much as 75% - ROI guaranteed on your first harvest.

CproMike

DemonTrich

DemonTrich

Be careful rep for centurion. These kinds of posts get deleted as its free advertising and not a paid advertisement like all the other conpanies pay to be on here.

I just bought myself a t4 twister wet barrel commercial unit yesterday for a he'll of a deal. 18hrs on the unit, 4k cash. Already have 3 reservations from my fellow local growers I know. Can't wait for my next harvest in 7 weeks to run it.
20161004 134649

Onetwothree

Onetwothree

Reviving this old thread.
It's 2017 ya'll. What's the consensus on dry trimmers? We're looking to harvest 20-25Lbs a month. Dry trim for sure. Been looking at the Centurion, the Twister and the Trim Pal....can anybody out there comment on which of those will give you the best looking bud?

C

CproMike

The Centurion Pro MINI would be the best to roll with as it can trim WET or DRY. They have a patent Teflon coated tumbler "Quantanium" that assures you lose no trichomes or sugar on the leaves and that it does not adhere, to the tumbling surface. trims 6-8 lbs an hour.

Onetwothree

Onetwothree

The Centurion Pro MINI would be the best to roll with as it can trim WET or DRY. They have a patent Teflon coated tumbler "Quantanium" that assures you lose no trichomes or sugar on the leaves and that it does not adhere, to the tumbling surface. trims 6-8 lbs an hour.
I see you're a rep for them sir...doesn't mean I won't take your advice to heart.

souf69

souf69

Man, I picked up two mean grean trimmers on a swindle. 2 geez for both. I really like them, mainly cause they are super quiet. However they do a fine job. They have three speeds as well as time variables. I am no rep. I personally think the engineering can be upscaled, but keep in mind fully functioning and fully able to get the job done. It just seems like everything is five grand and up these days for a machine. I like the tone of half that. I more or less hate trimming, but will do what i gotta do. I would like a dry trimmer with vac, but not to whereit damages my trim. I know it sounds picky, but hey its money saved. These big machines will do dry, but my hash always end up being dark and nasty from them. With dry trimmers its still blonde, same way it would be if i hand trimmed.

Onetwothree

Onetwothree

Still using greenbroz after 2 years. Nothing has broken or needed to be replaced. Hand trim quality
Thanks man, hadn't heard of them before, but they look great. I'm really tempted to save a few G's with the trim pal, but if its hand trim quality and the trim pal can't hit that...the few thousand for the greenbroz would be worth it to me. Anyone see results from the two of them compared?

Onetwothree

Onetwothree

Man, I picked up two mean grean trimmers on a swindle. 2 geez for both. I really like them, mainly cause they are super quiet. However they do a fine job. They have three speeds as well as time variables. I am no rep. I personally think the engineering can be upscaled, but keep in mind fully functioning and fully able to get the job done. It just seems like everything is five grand and up these days for a machine. I like the tone of half that. I more or less hate trimming, but will do what i gotta do. I would like a dry trimmer with vac, but not to whereit damages my trim. I know it sounds picky, but hey its money saved. These big machines will do dry, but my hash always end up being dark and nasty from them. With dry trimmers its still blonde, same way it would be if i hand trimmed.
That's a steal man! Wanna sell one:D

CelticEBE

CelticEBE

Anyone here have any experience with Triminators?

I spoke to the guys at Trim Scene Solutions a bit back, and I was more impressed with what they had to say about the Triminator dry than I was with anything else they had.

Latest posts

Top Bottom