• Thread starter SpiderK
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
SpiderK

SpiderK

Will update a couple times during the year .....

This will be ole' fashion Gorilla Grow™ & will not get much attention during the season. .... One hour south of me, seeds started on april 20th or so, going out may 20th .....

Gorrrrrrrr

SpiderK

SpiderK

SSSHHhhhhhh .....

Early 6 a.m., sun just coming up that day.....

Birds chirping, water is calm fog still looming with dew that covers the grass and leaves. Everything I need fits in a backpack, guano, kelp, a few trips early in season bringing in items little by little.

Walk in

NCascadeSolo

NCascadeSolo

Will update a couple times during the year .....

This will be ole' fashion Gorilla Grow™ & will not get much attention during the season. .... One hour south of me, seeds started on april 20th or so, going out may 20th .....

View attachment 593534

a special place far, far away .....

View attachment 593541

Coool. wat hemisphere r ya in by chance, I wonder if we're in the same?
My fav kinda places..

**will be watching from a garden in the mountains far, far away...good luck:smoking:

SpiderK

SpiderK

At this point we disappear into the brush .......

Getting the few early trips in before the field grass grows high leaving entry hazards that must be avoided. After a mile walk or so we are getting close ....

Wi   3

SpiderK

SpiderK

The location is untouched for hundreds or thousands of years .....

On the edge of a very large prairie that borders a low level swamp that takes on water from the hills in the distance .....

Wi 1

Wi   4

Wi   2
SpiderK

SpiderK

Central u.s.a. black dirt in every direction, pure black gold ...... Came in a few weeks ago and built some mounds of dirt and added kelp, guano and was all done. The soil stays moist once you dig down a few feet in the swamp area and dry's up a little closer near the edge of the fields of grass ... I dug up dirt for filling holes later, went down three-four feet, nothing but black dirt, the root zone should explode in this wonderland. It's my first time at this spot ..... Every step you take feels like I'm walking on a soft carpet. I noticed when digging down on my knees they sank down like I was kneeling on a giant birkenstock sole ....

As far as you dig, no clay, no stones, nothing but worms ........ It basically perfect. Temps in the 70's-80's most of the time, humidity around 60% daily, everything gets sun at the crack of dawn. Mixed in with the sporadic trees that pepper the swamppy area that grow about 20-25 feet then die off from carpenter ants, setting up times during the day that provide on and off sunlight but they will get well over 8 hours of direct sun which we like. :smoking:

D   1

D  2

W   1

Last edited:
SpiderK

SpiderK

@NCascadeSolo

we are at 41º latitude, about 650 feet above sea level. Central u.s.a., the corn belt. The season runs until early oct or so. Will visit in late july or so and pull males, everything from seed no worries regarding stress this way. I also keep them in the sun from day one, this way come week three or four they enter a strong veg on location, keeping everything in tune with nature. I do not stress my plants in any way with artifical lighting, cloning, topping, lst,...... All natural from day one. This way, everything timed up with summer solstice, flowering in late july, then dropping temps with sunlight, everything coming together in its natural cycle. I even like my roots searching the soil at an early age, so the root lock-up in small pots does not stress them as they grow from a young age, everything works together or causes stress and other issues .....

@Welshwizzard, @geologic

these will not get much attention, hoping for the best but outdoor gorilla is 50/50 at best. I had outdoor get destroyed by deer in my backyard a few years ago so something miles away ..... Lol' it's still a dice roll. The spot should get enough water during the season so the animals, falling trees, weather are the number one concern. If someone walks in unchartered area well thats bad luck and can happen with any grow.

Last edited:
GrowingGreen

GrowingGreen

Central u.s.a. black dirt in every direction, pure black gold ...... Came in a few weeks ago and built some mounds of dirt and added kelp, guano and was all done. The soil stays moist once you dig down a few feet in the swamp area and dry's up a little closer near the edge of the fields of grass ... I dug up dirt for filling holes later, went down three-four feet, nothing but black dirt, the root zone should explode in this wonderland. It's my first time at this spot ..... Every step you take feels like I'm walking on a soft carpet. I noticed when digging down on my knees they sank down like I was kneeling on a giant birkenstock sole ....

As far as you dig, no clay, no stones, nothing but worms ........ It basically perfect. Temps in the 70's-80's most of the time, humidity around 60% daily, everything gets sun at the crack of dawn. Mixed in with the sporadic trees that pepper the swamppy area that grow about 20-25 feet then die off from carpenter ants, setting up times during the day that provide on and off sunlight but they will get well over 8 hours of direct sun which we like. :smoking:

View attachment 593577
View attachment 593580
View attachment 593581
Should take some that soil home with you!

SpiderK

SpiderK

Should take some that soil home with you!

I was thinking of selling it ..... Lol'

A couple bags would go a long way for a home " organic " grower ..... :eyepiece: If fox farm gets 30-40$ per bag ... I equate the situation like being in western russia and seeing lakes of oil that pepper the countryside. 99 out of 100 people would not appreciate this like a gorilla grower does. It's like being on the mount st. helen of natural organic compost / worm casting oasis.

I only grow outdoors but I'm very lucky on location. Once you do a little research and get away from the big city many of these locations in my area. The key is not only finding good soil but the location is key. I really like my plants getting on and off sun from 11 a.m. until 2 p.m. or so ..... but getting that very important early sun at dawn.

SpiderK

SpiderK

I look at it like this from a simple perspective.

" Annuals " A term many do not think about. This plant is a one and done plant, you must respect this when planning for A+. And always remember this when seeing clone with weakness over the years or some duding, or other stress issues. Despite the love of clone only's this plant really performs at top levels when growing from seed every single time. Your better off making seeds with the best female every year and making yourself an IBL or whatever you wanna call it. The vigor from seed and final product beat the clones ( IMO ). This goes for outdoor grows, I understand keeping something special or a different game for indoor.

When it starts it's life cycle everything within the plant starts working together and advances constantly. Anything that drags against this causes stress. A plant from seed starts searching the limits of soil and takes this information into cycle when growing. Limiting the root growth during the horizontal search gives the plant information that directs it's moves. When you place limits on this like over feeding or limiting growth during veg. I want the plant stress free so when issues like a broken branch from animal or storm or open cuts from chewing or small bugs, I want the plant fighting those battles at full strength. Why have a plant get into maturity as it adapted future growth from early inputs, and have its life changed as you extend veg outside under the sun or whatever. Or change container sizes at the wrong time like after adulthood inputs are baked into genetic cake, annuals, it can't go back ( ie: stress ) - question everything, mimic nature sit back and enjoy everything in the end as genetics maxed out.

If I go with the flow, keep the internal cycle timed and in motion veg in may / june / 1/2 of july, then hit flower with day light times crashing after july by two minutes per day, temps dropping as flower starts and sub 40's temps in late october .......the last week or two of it's life also max out the genetic potential. So if you break down your time zone, timing, everything then start seeds at the proper time you never disrupt the natural cycle. Then the plant naturally finishes, hardens up and without tossing tons of diffent nutrients at it ......

Last edited:
N

Nog

Firstly it's Guerilla growing, as in guerilla warfare, sneaking around the jungle trying not to be seen.
That's where the term comes from.

Not Gorilla.

Carry on.

SpiderK

SpiderK

..... tEchNic@lli it's Guerrilla warfare not guerilla warefare. :p

I equate gorilla with outdoors, dumb hairy thing wandering around in forest. So in my thread it's Gorilla Growing™ .... :speechless:

Have a good one. Peace ~ :)

Courtesy of WWEcom 33

Marine raiders

Last edited:
Blaze

Blaze

Beautiful area and nice looking native soil. The native soil around here is crap, you would have a very hard time pulling off a grow like that here. How do you go about finding your spots? Just hike around a whole bunch until you come across them? Google Earth? Soil survey maps?

GrowingGreen

GrowingGreen

Beautiful area and nice looking native soil. The native soil around here is crap, you would have a very hard time pulling off a grow like that here. How do you go about finding your spots? Just hike around a whole bunch until you come across them? Google Earth? Soil survey maps?
Blaze what night temps do you usually put your plants out? My temps 47-53 degrees right now!

Blaze

Blaze

I tend to agree with SpiderK's philosophy with seeds - put them out early, under natural light, and don't baby them too much. Mine have been outside for 3 weeks now and we have been having lows in the 40's. As long as you aren't getting freezing temps they should be fine. They won't grow quite as fast at first as if they were in a heatened greenhouse or indoors, but you are setting them up to be hardy, strong, resilient plants which will pay off in the long run. I really don't pay too much attention to temps unless we have a frost warning or something, I just wait till we are past our LFD (last frost date).

GrowingGreen

GrowingGreen

I tend to agree with SpiderK's philosophy with seeds - put them out early, under natural light, and don't baby them too much. Mine have been outside for 3 weeks now and we have been having lows in the 40's. As long as you aren't getting freezing temps they should be fine. They won't grow quite as fast at first as if they were in a heatened greenhouse or indoors, but you are setting them up to be hardy, strong, resilient plants which will pay off in the long run. I really don't pay too much attention to temps unless we have a frost warning or something, I just wait till we are past our LFD (last frost date).
I popped these beans feb 1 i wanna kick em out to there new pots getn to cramped in there, dont wanna get root bound either you know

SpiderK

SpiderK

Well in my area it's more about locating the forest area in a spot that you will need no excuse for being in that spot. So you must have someone living near by that you can say " out for a walk exploring looking for fishing spots ", or you are near an area with people hiking or walking with dogs etc ....

The next thing I look for is a spot with very dense brush that comes up near trail. This way I can exit trail without making trail. So if I hop off trail into thickets and go in about 30 ft., I then can walk bush/prairie border and never leave a discernible trail this way. After this, I can enter forested area's and look for lower lying land that will gather water every now and then. Find the sweet spot between prairie and swamp so the water will never collect for more than a day or two after storm. They can handle water no problem .....

Top Bottom