2017 Cali Outdoor Grow

• Thread starter dboy510
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
dboy510

dboy510

Hey Smith I'm in the bay area and I got my clones from harborside I'm happy with the blue dream and white buffalo so far. not really happy with the gdp it's very slow growing and very short and bushy. I really wanted to try the gg#4 but they were sold out. The girl scout cookies I have from seed are doing so well actually almost outgrowing the blue dream and they are in smaller pots they clone very easily aswell. so far I've gotten through veg now let's see if I can get through flower. These pics were taken August 1st the beginning of bloom.
IMG 20170801 195831
IMG 20170801 092812
IMG 20170801 174857
IMG 20170801 092625
IMG 20170801 175429
IMG 20170801 174920

SmithsJunk

SmithsJunk

Hey Smith I'm in the bay area and I got my clones from harborside I'm happy with the blue dream and white buffalo so far. not really happy with the gdp it's very slow growing and very short and bushy. I really wanted to try the gg#4 but they were sold out. The girl scout cookies I have from seed are doing so well actually almost outgrowing the blue dream and they are in smaller pots they clone very easily aswell. so far I've gotten through veg now let's see if I can get through flower. These pics were taken August 1st the beginning of bloom.View attachment 732116 View attachment 732117 View attachment 732120 View attachment 732122 View attachment 732123 View attachment 732124

Did you check out WeedMaps to find your clones? They've been an excellent source for me. Sacramento and Auburn are great places to find nurseries if you're willing to travel an hour and a half+. Auburn especially.
I'm suprised you couldn't find anything you wanted in the City. I would love to grow out where you are, but less for the weed. I want to grow orchids and it's too arid where I live (Sierra Foothills). I'm hoping to pick up some property above you on the Lost Coast in the next year or two. That's the only place with comparable grow conditions to here (plus the orchids and the smell of the ocean).

I love your garden, and that kind of diversity is what I eventually want. For now I need at least three each so I have enough to interest my co-op.

Here's a couple pics of mine this morning. I was mistaken about the size of my pots they are 200 gal not 100. That's why I'm able to grow mini trees.

20170821 071533
20170821 071459
20170821 071737

I can't get very good wide angle shots on my phone anymore because my cousin's OG & JB Kush are in the way now. What a horrible problem to have, ROFL.

Yours are getting pretty big too, especially for the size of the pots. That GDP may grow slow but it makes a killer shatter.

If you want me to check around for specific strains that we may have up here, I will.

Have a great morning.

SmithsJunk

SmithsJunk

not really happy with the gdp it's very slow growing and very short and bushy.

I use 7-3-1 bat sh*t for on my girls for veg growth. I spread around 4 cups each as a topping (I used to mix it in the top soil as per instructions but now my roots are too dense and I have to soak it in over time). Bat guano releases a lot of nitrogen quickly. My girl's (Kush) growth rockets to about 1.5" a day within a couple days of feeding. Now that they're flowering most of the growth has transferred to the secondary branches and is filling them out. I'll still use it through flowering and add phosphorus, potassium, calcium, and molasses, for blooms.

I've haven't gotten any hot-spots causing fertilizer burn. My cousin's plants are constantly getting burned using premade liquid organic fertilizers. A 25lb bag of Sparetime organic bat guano cost me $37. Well worth the results.

If you do buy some, follow the feeding instructions then add or subtract till you are comfortable with the results.

20170821 075735
20170821 075743

SmithsJunk

SmithsJunk

I use 7-3-1 bat sh*t for on my girls for veg growth. I spread around 4 cups each as a topping (I used to mix it in the top soil as per instructions but now my roots are too dense and I have to soak it in over time). Bat guano releases a lot of nitrogen quickly. My girl's (Kush) growth rockets to about 1.5" a day within a couple days of feeding. Now that they're flowering most of the growth has transferred to the secondary branches and is filling them out. I'll still use it through flowering and add phosphorus, potassium, calcium, and molasses, for blooms.

I've haven't gotten any hot-spots causing fertilizer burn. My cousin's plants are constantly getting burned using premade liquid organic fertilizers. A 25lb bag of Sparetime organic bat guano cost me $37. Well worth the results.

If you do buy some, follow the feeding instructions then add or subtract till you are comfortable with the results.

View attachment 732179 View attachment 732181

On second thought, if your plants are already flowering, don't. My Sativa are lapping it up but my Kush are showing a little clawing here and there. I think I might have messed up and watered a day early too and that might have released a little to much. And I stirred the topping a bit. That means I'll have plenty enough N for the flower cycle. I'll focus on the other two as soon as my girls detox a little after a few waterings.

Bisquick

Bisquick

looking solid. I'm a new east bay outdoor grower (originally down in LA). Noticed flowering started early this year (but oculd be me growing from clone). My SFV OG already came down. My Sour D is pretty milked over, and should be done in 1-2 weeks.

My sour flower and NYC Diesel do look like early October.

SmithsJunk

SmithsJunk

looking solid. I'm a new east bay outdoor grower (originally down in LA). Noticed flowering started early this year (but oculd be me growing from clone). My SFV OG already came down. My Sour D is pretty milked over, and should be done in 1-2 weeks.

My sour flower and NYC Diesel do look like early October.

Same here in the Sierra foothills. Thought my Sativas were auto flower when they flipped a few weeks early but then my Kush and my cousins plants (his are in the sun) popped 2 weeks after. Makes me think that even though photoperiod may be the main reason for the flip, weather follows in a close second. IDK, just an uneducated observation.

dboy510

dboy510

the really big one next to the greenhouse is blue dream( dark heart nursery cut, this one is def a big yielder), i will put photos with strain names on my next post. I think most of my plants will be done early october. I am really starting to pay for not supporting my plants well enough starting to have buds flopping all over the place. I did buy a trellis net but never put it on you guys think its too late? i have just been trying my best to stake and tie buds in place

SmithsJunk

SmithsJunk

the really big one next to the greenhouse is blue dream( dark heart nursery cut, this one is def a big yielder), i will put photos with strain names on my next post. I think most of my plants will be done early october. I am really starting to pay for not supporting my plants well enough starting to have buds flopping all over the place. I did buy a trellis net but never put it on you guys think its too late? i have just been trying my best to stake and tie buds in place

Just wrap them with thin soft plastic trellis. I just put some up today. Check out my girls at...

https://www.thcfarmer.com/community/threads/junks-growing-log.91282/page-4

Bisquick

Bisquick

Same here in the Sierra foothills. Thought my Sativas were auto flower when they flipped a few weeks early but then my Kush and my cousins plants (his are in the sun) popped 2 weeks after. Makes me think that even though photoperiod may be the main reason for the flip, weather follows in a close second. IDK, just an uneducated observation.

Yea. Been an odd year for all my crops (fruits, vegetables, flowers, etc)

dboy510

dboy510

Pictures taken September 11th first bud shot is blue dream and second is white buffalo, my 2 most mature ladies and boy do they stink! I'm starting to find a few buds with catapillars and having to cut some here and there. This white buffalo strain is really impressive I think it will look like some top shelf if I can cure it correctly.
IMG 20170911 175708
IMG 20170911 105928
IMG 20170911 175656
IMG 20170911 175646
IMG 20170911 175638

SmithsJunk

SmithsJunk

Pictures taken September 11th first bud shot is blue dream and second is white buffalo, my 2 most mature ladies and boy do they stink! I'm starting to find a few buds with catapillars and having to cut some here and there. This white buffalo strain is really impressive I think it will look like some top shelf if I can cure it correctly.
View attachment 742865 View attachment 742866 View attachment 742867 View attachment 742868 View attachment 742870

Wow, that BD is loaded but that Buffalo is oh, so sexxy.

BudBogart

BudBogart

Hell no it's not too late. A net around the plant is well worth the effort, mho. I just did my netting yesterday, hours before rain started falling, but I already had them caged. I don't take chances on my plants escaping when I'm not looking!, lol

SmithsJunk

SmithsJunk

Hell no it's not too late. A net around the plant is well worth the effort, mho. I just did my netting yesterday, hours before rain started falling, but I already had them caged. I don't take chances on my plants escaping when I'm not looking!, lol

Glad you caught em. I got about 20 min of real rain as well, but I already wrapped my plants with a second net about a week back. They're bending my stakes though. I hope my shade structure holds. I have a gut feeling we're going to get hit with those nasty hail storms again this year, that's why It's up in the first place. It's already snowing up in Tahoe. I heard Kirkwood was only closed for a month this year. Crazy.

BudBogart

BudBogart

Glad you caught em. I got about 20 min of real rain as well, but I already wrapped my plants with a second net about a week back. They're bending my stakes though. I hope my shade structure holds. I have a gut feeling we're going to get hit with those nasty hail storms again this year, that's why It's up in the first place. It's already snowing up in Tahoe. I heard Kirkwood was only closed for a month this year. Crazy.
Don't know if I mentioned, I am Sierra grower also. I absolutely think this winter rain is going to be early and heavy. Totally wishing I had crop insurance, lol. I don't stake my netting. I just wrap it around like you might a bunch of flowers to transport them.

Latest posts

Top Bottom