23 days from germ. Does this look tiny?

• Thread starter Akatz
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Akatz

Akatz

I feel like she’s overall healthy but tiny?

Auto trainwreck
7 gal fabric pot
Buffered Coco/per mix

I ordered my Timber grow light about a month ago but I have been limping them along with a 55w LED and window light while I wait for it to ship (grumble).

23 days from germ does this look tiny
growsince79

growsince79

It does look small for 23 days. What light and how far? What soil & nutes? Maybe she needs more light.

Akatz

Akatz

Its moist under there. It was just watered yesterday with fox farm and calmag. I definitely jumped the gun thinking that might light wouldn’t take three weeks to ship so I did order another light off amazon that hopefully will be here quicker if the Timber doesn’t ship soon, so not a lot I can do beyond that while I wait. They are also getting window light in addition the flood light. 😬
it's smaller because you let your coco dry out. Coco is hydro, you should use it as hydro. Water everyday and you'll see how big they get

Should it be WET WET? I was feeling a bit nervous about over watering them. About .5 inches below the top it’s nice and dark brown but not heavy and saturated.

Akatz

Akatz

My goal was to transplant these autos outside after being in the tent awhile. So far they haven’t made it to the tent even. Should I scrap them and wait it out or just expect a smaller yield? Our outdoor grow season is really quite short in the north where I am located so I want to be as calculated as possible.

quirk

quirk

It's a healthy plant, no reason to scrap. Put it outside during the day and back under your light at night if possible.

fatconeskills

fatconeskills

Its moist under there. It was just watered yesterday with fox farm and calmag. I definitely jumped the gun thinking that might light wouldn’t take three weeks to ship so I did order another light off amazon that hopefully will be here quicker if the Timber doesn’t ship soon, so not a lot I can do beyond that while I wait. They are also getting window light in addition the flood light. 😬

Should it be WET WET? I was feeling a bit nervous about over watering them. About .5 inches below the top it’s nice and dark brown but not heavy and saturated.
so I had this holy vrap moment when I had to understand coco. Like ok so too much water overwaters, then how to I water everyday ? So the cool thing about coco, is it is a hydro medium but without the buckets and reservoir. There is no chance you will overwater in coco perlite, absolutely none. if you water daily, the medium will be saturated enough that the exchange rate will be so that you would not need large quantities of water. But when you let the coco dry out, all the nutrients buildup and dry out with the coco making it harsh, so you get a droopy plant that looks like it's been overwatered. PH will be really off when it's left to dry out.
What you want to do, since you are letting your medium dry out, there will be residual nutrient build up, take the ladies and do a mini flush with them and make sure the water is ph'd. Ph water at 5.7 ish because your ph in the medium will be high. keep flushing till the water running off is not murky anymore, if you have a ppm pen, you make sure that the water running in is the same, or a tiny bit higher when it comes down from the pot, once the ph range is where it should be you add your nutrients, because that little flush just washed most of the residue away, so you want to maintain a nutrient balance so once you're done with the flush you feed your plants with your regular

Akatz

Akatz

so I had this holy vrap moment when I had to understand coco. Like ok so too much water overwaters, then how to I water everyday ? So the cool thing about coco, is it is a hydro medium but without the buckets and reservoir. There is no chance you will overwater in coco perlite, absolutely none. if you water daily, the medium will be saturated enough that the exchange rate will be so that you would not need large quantities of water. But when you let the coco dry out, all the nutrients buildup and dry out with the coco making it harsh, so you get a droopy plant that looks like it's been overwatered. PH will be really off when it's left to dry out.
What you want to do, since you are letting your medium dry out, there will be residual nutrient build up, take the ladies and do a mini flush with them and make sure the water is ph'd. Ph water at 5.7 ish because your ph in the medium will be high. keep flushing till the water running off is not murky anymore, if you have a ppm pen, you make sure that the water running in is the same, or a tiny bit higher when it comes down from the pot, once the ph range is where it should be you add your nutrients, because that little flush just washed most of the residue away, so you want to maintain a nutrient balance so once you're done with the flush you feed your plants with your regular
Awesome! Thank you. I have both those things and will immediately work on this. Before two days ago they were in shitty pots with poor drainage that were also likely too small.
I love this place! Thank you.

Jimster

Jimster

Supporter
I grow in Promix, which I usually water daily or every other day until I get runoff. I only feed about every 12-15 days, depending on how plants are looking. This allows me to not worry about salt buildup even if the medium dries out a little. The medium will hold enough nutes for a week or so, when they get replenished. It saves a ton of nutes and avoids issues with high levels of nutes...lockouts, Ph swings, and deficiencies. Be careful using too much phosphorus along with Cal-Mag, if you use it. In smaller amounts they get along well but in higher concentrations they can fight.

Moshmen

Moshmen

Awesome! Thank you. I have both those things and will immediately work on this. Before two days ago they were in shitty pots with poor drainage that were also likely too small.
I love this place! Thank you.
When you give good info and ask for help these guys here are awsome ! Lots of knowledge here on the farm

One drop

One drop

Bush Doctor
Supporter
Get a 400w-600w hps bulb and youll see the difference overnight
Yes I find my 400 to be ample for the job have used them for almost as long as I’ve been growing 30 odd years ...

Farmerman420

Farmerman420

Yea deffo the more wattage you can get in there while maintaining the temps and RH the better 👌👌

Akatz

Akatz

Fingers crossed they will actually get shipped this week from Timber. I do have a Spiderfarmer coming hopefully by Wednesday. Gah

Top Bottom