24 × 32 grow ...

• Thread starter JoE_AnTiX77
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
J

JoE_AnTiX77

so imma be using 40 1000 watt hps for 1 room... using 48' centers w/ 25 gallon buckets.. need advice for running electricity with a/c, n everything else... thinking about 200 amps

M

Mr_Marley_Jim

40 x 1000w @ 220v = 200 amps...

And you really should consider the 80/20 rule - You shouldn't run more than 80% of your total amperage at any given time...

You need something bigger... Or two panels...

Not to mention a 5 ton a/c needs 40 amps @ 220v and it sounds like you'll need two of those bad boys...

$$$$... Hit up Olyver @ nowirenuts.ca

Or [email protected]

B

brookstown

run 240 all around, it'll save you on the bill at the end of the month.

I don't think you can price break.. your charged by wattage not voltage. 1000w light uses the same power just how it's delivered.

I could be wrong though.

Midnight_son

Midnight_son

Premium Member
Supporter
so imma be using 40 1000 watt hps for 1 room... using 48' centers w/ 25 gallon buckets.. need advice for running electricity with a/c, n everything else... thinking about 200 amps

Bro, your gonna need at least 14 tons of AC for
40 1k lights. By the time you factor in all of your fans, pumps, chiller ect., You are lookin at 350-400 amps.

L

Lost

A better question is how many pounds do you want. Much more logical way to go about it..

R

RMCG

Um. Flip-Flop. Cheaper than going from 200A service to 400A service.

Definitely hit up Olyver.

Might want to think about 'checkerboarding' your lights too if you are going to be tight on amps.

Midnight_son

Midnight_son

Premium Member
Supporter
Um. Flip-Flop. Cheaper than going from 200A service to 400A service.

Definitely hit up Olyver.

Might want to think about 'checkerboarding' your lights too if you are going to be tight on amps.

Flip-flop takes two rooms bro, OP says he's puttin 40 lights in one room.

R

RMCG

Not that hard to divide a room...

Couple grand to update service, plus permits etc. Not to mention he can reduce A/C requirements, etc.

J

JoE_AnTiX77

actually its about 30 1000 watts in the room(maybe more) .... 40kw to 50kw a room is just an estimate w/ the rest of the equipment (A/C, dehuey, pumps ect.) This would be a flower room along with 2 others and a veg/mother/clone room ... 4 rooms total trying to get 3 pounds per plant at least.. flower rooms are about 1600 sq. ft. and deciding to make em 10 ft, 12ft, n 14ft ceilings (bigger ones 4 sativas)... thinking of getting 10 ton portable A/Cs(any input on these?) w/ exhausts going outside.. starting w/ 1 room then starting the others 1 month after n so on....

HG23

HG23

Damn, sounds like that "The Warehouse" thread only MPB style. After that thread was over I was praying that someone would document one from start to finish with the MPB's. Sorry I don't have any insight for you, managing something this size is above me at this point. Maybe you could try to talk to that guy Badfish and see if he has any advice for you. Ill be watching and contrubuting when I can, good luck.

R

RMCG

I would rethink the portable A/C. Efficiency and smelly exhaust are just two reasons.

J

JoE_AnTiX77

anyone have experience getting or using 10 ton standy a/c's... or a 30 ton a/c for a grow??

J

JoE_AnTiX77

thanx for the floor plan widowmaker ... really appreciate it

J

JoE_AnTiX77

ohh each flower room is gonna have 3 rows of 10 plants w/ 150 gal res for each .... plannin on growin something different each row... im trying to contact badfish to get some advice but ill keep trying

F

FileError404

Instead of going 10T A/C you might want to do some research on a big chiller with air handler(s). Could be more efficient for your setup. Those chillking units are very powerful and the air handlers also act as dehumidifiers.

GL!

S

swisscheese

Definitely put a month into reading everything before you launch the grow.

N

noone88

I hate to be one of *those* guys, but my feeling is this guy is trolling or either thinking way beyond his means.

If you're at this level of growing, meaning 10k+ watts, then all the stuff involving sealed grow room, ac tonnage to cool the room, flip flopping, and the amps required to power all the crap is almost second nature.

Anyways, continue on. Mods, feel free to delete if this post is unnecessary.

Top Bottom