24/7 flower room!

• Thread starter BrianDirt
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
ttystikk

ttystikk

A light rail with a timer and setup.. Close either way but I'd work

That's the cheap part- chopping a wide enough yet short height opening would be a bitch, especially through any loss being walls. The curtains would be a challenge to keep from snagging or folding wrong and leaking light, but needn't be spendy, I wouldn't think.

budm

budm

That's the cheap part- chopping a wide enough yet short height opening would be a bitch, especially through any loss being walls. The curtains would be a challenge to keep from snagging or folding wrong and leaking light, but needn't be spendy, I wouldn't think.

Why curtains? How about an automated sliding door sized just large enough for the light to pass through?

ttystikk

ttystikk

Why curtains? How about an automated sliding door sized just large enough for the light to pass through?

That would work, too- but we're getting further and further away from the original goal of saving money vs buying two sets of lights, lol

Welshwizzard

Welshwizzard

This sounds like a great idea but far too much of a ballache for me personally. Would be doing it purely for yield and I dont do it with money orientated thoughts otherwise I feel I'm doing it for someone else, and obligated to get so much and such monies back.

I am a bit odd though.

BrianDirt

BrianDirt

Good ideas farmers, I was just thinking after a smoke and wanted some other ideas and opionions. I got the idea from someones thread that had plants in pots on wood carts so they could tend to the plants easier. So I also hated the idea of having a killer flower room doing nothing for 12 hours a day!

About the light mover I think with the ducts and cords attached to it would make too much of a challange. Simply moving carts around is the idea I would like to spin off of.
Now think about a bigger setting like a building that has 4 rooms. A mother/veg room, a darkroom/dryroom, and two flower rooms. The flower and dark/dry rooms could all run the same HVAC, set the veg room with its own climate and make your carts to fit through the doors to move between rooms. You could make the dark room a green room and work on the plants, and run your veg room 24/7 also.

My 2 cents on it, I think for my setting/space I have it allmost figured out. Thanks ski11z

Jboys3

Jboys3

Just because this is my obsession, I laid awake in bed the other night thinking about putting the entire lighting system on a light rail, and having it move back and forth between two separate rooms through a curtain that blocks light spillage. It would move from one end of its track to the other once every twelve hours and sit there.
Tty---you need a new hobby :happy:

A

AlterEgo860

TY were u live at what area? if ur during winter.. all u need is a flip flop and grab some 25 bucks for an adjustawing or a parabolic.. each.. im tellin u . the light rail idea is not going to work good.. ull have light leaks.. and then hermis.. this is wat FLIP FLOPS ARE MADE FOR.. in all seriouseness u could sell a zip or 2 and have all the equipment needed to run another room flipflop.. !!! its worth it. this is wat im working on right now.. bust ordered 10 relays and wire.. and the plugs for ballasts.. after im done ill spend about 100 bucks max per 2 ballast flip flop.. im making 4-5 of them.. only because I can make 4 -5 2 ballast flip flops for 300-500 bucks.. or I can buy a flip flop with shittier relays then I bought.. for 400 bucks for a 4 ballast flipflop.

spend the money u wont be disappointed.. if anything u could split a 1000w into 2 600s.. using a sunpulse splitter.. if u want

Toker Ace

Toker Ace

Use all the same ballasts and flip the lighting from room to room. One ballast drives two lights so it doesn't need double equipment. the flip switch is a heavy duty relay. Wire the light plugs to opposite sides of the relay and your timer to the control circuit of the relay. Power on from your timer will light side a off with the timer lights up side b. Easy Look at it this way. If you have a 10x20 room w 10 kw You only need 5 ballasts to go. Divide the room in half and flip. Way less taxing on cooling systems. Half the A/C needs

Tank333

Tank333

You keep thinking about moving the lights, I'm thinking it would be more cost effective to just move the pots every 12 hours. So I'm thinking of RDWC on plywood platforms and casters.

What are the dimentions of your square tuff bins that you use Tty? Could I fit four of them on a 4x4 sheet of plywood?

I have a room upstairs that's 9x12, but I only have a total of 5 ballasts. Currently, there are four of them in the 10x6 space in the basement, but only two are on vegging the girls down there.

I'm thinking about leaving two thouies in the basement for a flower room, and putting two upstairs for a four-way perpetual. I'd divide the room into a 5x9 space and a 7x9 space. I imagine having 4 seperate 4'x4' platforms with 4 sites on each on casters. Every 12 hours, play tetris, moving out the two and moving in two more. The room is a couple inches longer than 12', so I could have three in a line at once so they can rotate out.

I'll make a simple 2x4 and panda film wall, using velcro to keep a sort of roll-up door so I can move the platforms in and out. Probably do two doors each 4 feet wide. It would be easier and more stable to have a pair of doors rather than a single 8' wide one.

Am I making sense here?? I'll have four platforms with four plant sites on each. Every 14-16 days, another platform gets chopped and refilled. It's gonna be a buttload of work, but worth it to get a harvest every two weeks plus another one every two months from the basement!

Top Bottom