24 hour light vs. 18/6 light schedule question

• Thread starter Dtraderbudz23
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
D

Dtraderbudz23

Is there a significant growth speed difference between the two? I've read conflicting thesis on this just wondering if anyone has tested for themselves. I would think light 24/7 would grow anything faster. Thoughts?

Ledsmelly

Ledsmelly

Is there a significant growth speed difference between the two? I've read conflicting thesis on this just wondering if anyone has tested for themselves. I would think light 24/7 would grow anything faster. Thoughts?
I see faster growth in autos under 24/0. But also faster nutrient depletion.

Buzzzz

Buzzzz

Personal experience only so far,regular ,photoperiod seeds. I used to do 24/0 and switched to 18/6. They grow faster on 24/0,however I have found better stability with 18/6,the males were continuing to flower at 24/0 and now I can keep them in veg,at least the strains I have been using . At 24/0 they quickly flower with a light drop. 24/0 burns more juice as I use HID but I don't know if bulbs will last as long with more on/off cycles. Next I will try Joe Pietrie's light schedule on some clones and compare growth rates,stability,structure, potency etc.

Rudolf

Rudolf

I am now 51 days into veg, with a 7in dwarf even after switching to 24/0. Seems to me not much difference. Also with LEDs the power usage shouldn't differ much either. I just got tired of giving darkness to a non-growing plant. Why bother?

Buzzzz

Buzzzz

I am now 51 days into veg, with a 7in dwarf even after switching to 24/0. Seems to me not much difference. Also with LEDs the power usage shouldn't differ much either. I just got tired of giving darkness to a non-growing plant. Why bother?
Maybe try a different strain with more vigor , I have a N Lights that will grow a cple inches a day once established,maybe you have a runt.

Rudolf

Rudolf

Maybe try a different strain with more vigor , I have a N Lights that will grow a cple inches a day once established,maybe you have a runt.
Yea I have 6 more in the works... we'll see.

Top Bottom