2400W Tent

• Thread starter Mr.LovaLova
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
M

Mr.LovaLova

Ok so my boy just called me and was wondering if I wanted his 600W Ballasts cause he just upgraded to 1000's. I have a 4x8 SunHut that I haven't even opened yet. I was going to wait until my current grow is over before starting to erect a new room. I was going to get 2-1000's and rock it out like that, but now I am thinking about doing 4-600's. What do you guys think should I connect all 4 600's in-line or stagger them?

X X X X or X X
X X

I plan on air-cooling the hoods. Do you think that this will be too much heat for this tent? This will be my first attempt at a multi-light grow so any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

M

miser66

You'll want them pretty much in a straight line to help the air-cooling unless ur cooling them individually. But I would stagger them slightly to help the coverage a bit. Maybe alternate each light like 5 inches off the center or something cause 4 feet is a little to wide. Itll be a lot of heat but doable, id go overboard on the CFMs, maybe overdo it alittle and get a speedcontroller to get it running right.

M

Mr.LovaLova

Sweet, I am going to get the highest CFM 6" blower i can find for the exhaust and put some duct fans in between each light, thinking about staggering 8-12 inches. It will be a lot easier when everything is in place. I am just hoping that I won't have to run a portable AC

M

miser66

that should work well depending on the power of the duct fans. Also youll have to watch the size of your hoods as length could be a problem especially with duct fans inbetween them. make sure you can fit it all in the 8ft lengthwise it will be tight.

xX Kid Twist Xx

xX Kid Twist Xx

Premium Member
Supporter
it takes roughly 200 cfm per 1k watt hood,so your 600s should be a bit less. i forget the company but i got a 764 cfm 6" in fan i think the name is Can something. fans are rated for 50' straight line and every bend is considered 5'. I dont think you will have a problem no matter how you set it up in that tent. you will need the a/c tho as even tho hoods are cooled they will still put off some heat.

D

dontstepongrass

hi. i run 4 600's in aircooled reflectors in a 6.4'x6.4' tent. they are arranged in a 2x2 pattern. i run outside air thru the lights and back out, with a 6" 452 cfm vortex on each side doing push/pull (this helps maintain static pressure through the airpath.)

now, with a 4'x8'... i would think that 1800w would b easier, but if u really wanted u could cram 4 reflectors in there im sure... in a straight line of course, and all aircooled.

if u do em straight line, u might b able to get away with 1 fan driving the air thru em, but when in doubt go more airflow lol

M

Mr.LovaLova

hi. i run 4 600's in aircooled reflectors in a 6.4'x6.4' tent. they are arranged in a 2x2 pattern. i run outside air thru the lights and back out, with a 6" 452 cfm vortex on each side doing push/pull (this helps maintain static pressure through the airpath.)

now, with a 4'x8'... i would think that 1800w would b easier, but if u really wanted u could cram 4 reflectors in there im sure... in a straight line of course, and all aircooled.

if u do em straight line, u might b able to get away with 1 fan driving the air thru em, but when in doubt go more airflow lol

Yea I was gonna run 3, but I figured 4 would be sooo much better lol. I think I am just gonna set it up and see what happens. I am making a custom 4 x 8 NFT system for the tent. Gonna space them out about a foot, plan on running 21 plants.

L

LEBDOG

Go for 3 and that will be very cool! Get magnum XXXL reflectors (called Ochos). They will get the light distributed the best. They are the latest greatest in SOCAL unless you go water cooled.

This isn't the best price, but this is it:

I use 3 in the area you have, but have 2-600 and 1-400. This works great for me. I wish I had the 8" fan though and now would actually prefer the ocho's also over my moving setup I think.

M

Mr.LovaLova

Go for 3 and that will be very cool! Get magnum XXXL reflectors (called Ochos). They will get the light distributed the best. They are the latest greatest in SOCAL unless you go water cooled.

This isn't the best price, but this is it:

I use 3 in the area you have, but have 2-600 and 1-400. This works great for me. I wish I had the 8" fan though and now would actually prefer the ocho's also over my moving setup I think.

Yea, I already have SunSystem air-cooled hoods with 6" ducting. What I am thinking is I am gonna do is trade in my 4 x 8 tent for a 6 x 6. I have a pretty good rep with the folks at my local hydro store. I am then gonna run (2) 440 CFM exhaust fans each exiting 2 lights. I am gonna get another carbon filter and have the carbon filters (2) attached to the lights inside the tent. So there will be (2) runs of lights.

CarbonFilter--->Light--->Light--->ExhaustFan--->

I think I am gonna buckle down and get an AC also. I plan on running Co2 so my best bet I am thinking will be to run seal the room that the tent will be in and keep an ambient PPM of 1500 Co2 in the room. That is the best way I can think of doing it. I dunno though this will def. be a learning experience for me.

Top Bottom