240v Titan Controller using a 120v Ballast cord?

• Thread starter Down4Dabs
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Down4Dabs

Down4Dabs

I just purchased a Titan Helios 3 240V light controller. I was told that because it comes with universal output plugs, that I can use the 120v powercord that was supplied with my ballast, rather than buying a seperate 240v cord.

I am using Galaxy Select-a-Watt grow amps that are supposed to automatically detect 120 or 240. This ballast comes with a 120v power cord, with an option of buying a $12 240v cord seperately.

"Universal multi-tap outlets allow total flexibility to accept either 120V or 240V cordsets." ... part of the description of the Helios 3 found at:

I just wan't to make sure nothing is going to blow up or burn out. I have a friend who says this is what he does, but I have not seen his setup in person to verify.

Am I understanding this correctly? Thanks in advance. This is my first time on THC Farmer, and my first grow room. I will do my best to find some time to get some pics up of the process. Thanks everybody!

-Dan

sensicloud

sensicloud

It will work fine, that's how they're supposed to work. You can call Titan and they're very helpful and will answer any questions you have. But yea, fire it up.

Down4Dabs

Down4Dabs

It will work fine, that's how they're supposed to work. You can call Titan and they're very helpful and will answer any questions you have. But yea, fire it up.

Awesome, thank you! I was just gonna call Titan, but they aren't open on the weekends, and I didn't want to wait to Monday to find out! I gotta run to Lowes tomorrow to pick up some 8awg to wire the controller up, so hopefully I will have it all installed and running tomorrow night.... Can't wait!

respect

respect

Grower of Herb
Supporter
Just installed mine yesterday

Natural

Natural

Hey Respect...put some electrical tape on them wires coming out of your controller...I've done too much electrical work that it bothers me. The sheathing should have gone into the grommet (stress collar) in your box to be copacetic. Sorry to nitpick..carry on
Just installed mine yesterday
View attachment 369865

respect

respect

Grower of Herb
Supporter
Hey Respect...put some electrical tape on them wires coming out of your controller...I've done too much electrical work that it bothers me. The sheathing should have gone into the grommet (stress collar) in your box to be copacetic. Sorry to nitpick..carry on
Been a union electrician since 95 :). Do as I say not as I do lol.

respect

respect

Grower of Herb
Supporter
Yea... you must be an electrician! hahaha
Actually now a days I own a construction company specializing in remodels :) I'm much better at barking commands haha. Enjoy your controller I love mine.

Top Bottom