24k Gold - My 2nd Grow Ever - Cfl Stealth Indoor (cheaply)

• Thread starter PurplePlants
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
PurplePlants

PurplePlants

Hey fellow farmers...

I was wondering something today... I restocked my bud today and then i weighed it on my gram scale...
Came up to 10 grams.
I saw @Thejoeybrown post a pic of some weed that costed him $60... To me... That is (according to google) R778.08
My 10 grams only cost me (according to google) $19.27 (R250.00)
If this image is not allowed please remove it... or let me know to do it...
20170724 162520

As you can see, some nugs are purple... or have a form of purple in them. They feel almost like stones but i can compress it more...

Just wondering...

Anyway here is the baby...
20170724 WA0020

I have itchy hands... I just want to plant and plant... haha... this post is keeping me busy...

In this image she is 19 days old... Can anyone post a picture of their plants @ 19 days old... i just want to see what the difference in lights like HPS and so on actually makes. If you don't mind... @jipp @TheRemer if you don't mind... (only if you have plants at 19 days...)

Anyways fellow farmers...
I am off till i get an email lol

Traviscorzin

Traviscorzin

Gotta agree with tinder thumbs, those colors are crazy! That's a lot of seeds. Only seeds I have right now are ones I find in bud. But the quality of the bud is really good, so finding seeds is like a treat. My sister jokes that they come to me to be planted.

Thejoeybrown

Thejoeybrown

Hey fellow farmers...

I was wondering something today... I restocked my bud today and then i weighed it on my gram scale...
Came up to 10 grams.
I saw @Thejoeybrown post a pic of some weed that costed him $60... To me... That is (according to google) R778.08
View attachment 723245
As you can see, some nugs are purple... or have a form of purple in them. They feel almost like stones but i can compress it more...

Just wondering...

View attachment 723246
I have itchy hands... I just want to plant and plant... haha... this post is keeping me busy...

In this image she is 19 days old... Can anyone post a picture of their plants @ 19 days old... i just want to see what the difference in lights like HPS and so on actually makes. If you don't mind... @jipp @TheRemer if you don't mind... (only if you have plants at 19 days...)

Ya that's a good deal. Over here in the medical clubs the top shelf 1/8 is 60$. That's why I try to avoid buying it. Sometimes I do like to try a new variety when something catches my eye. Lol. Street prices out here are about 30 an 1/8 and can get top shelf just like the clubs but you can't beat the convenience of the club. I usually go to the club for my oils and cartridges but if I see something intriguing I'll grab it

PurplePlants

PurplePlants

Gotta agree with tinder thumbs, those colors are crazy! That's a lot of seeds. Only seeds I have right now are ones I find in bud. But the quality of the bud is really good, so finding seeds is like a treat. My sister jokes that they come to me to be planted.
Lol... they probably do go your way to be planted. Those seeds (in my eyes) will be 100% as potent as the bud it came from.
The only problem is.... what did it cross with... could be 100% what ever name it has or it could be a cross... either way... that seed will make a plant with a base lvl of 100%... what you during that grow will affect the outcome...
I could be wrong...

The colours... yes... they do seem crazy... my secret is... kill them with cold... haha just kidding...
but yes that's how the WW became that colour... (sorry im from South Africa so some of my words... like colour will have an extra "u") from the extremely low temps we have been having at night... Their 1st four days outside almost killed them... i then moved them into my bathroom at night for about 4 nights... then i got sick... and forgot about them... now they seem fine with it...
The 2 Cali-O's that remain... are not changing colours... only the 99% outdoor Cali-O went purple...
Not sure if this makes a difference... but we are 1 305 meters above sea level. (4281.49ft)
lol not even sure if the converted units are the units you all use...
Our high temps during the day are rising slowly during the week.... Today was 18°C... tomorrow will be 19°C... our low temps are 6°C and 5°C with a high of 9°C...
So they live through that outside now...

Last edited:
PurplePlants

PurplePlants

Ya that's a good deal. Over here in the medical clubs the top shelf 1/8 is 60$. That's why I try to avoid buying it. Sometimes I do like to try a new variety when something catches my eye. Lol. Street prices out here are about 30 an 1/8 and can get top shelf just like the clubs but you can't beat the convenience of the club. I usually go to the club for my oils and cartridges but if I see something intriguing I'll grab it
How that must feel... to be able to go buy it in a shop of some sort...

PurplePlants

PurplePlants

Ya I remember when I first got my card some years ago and the first time I walked in I was amazed. It was just what I imagined. Lol. All different kinds of weed in small jars at the counter you can look smell ask questions. Pick whatever you want.
I just worked it all out... That price though... wow... Shows you how much extra costs are involved when you go legal... They should make it cheaper than the dealers to combat crime... *mind blown*

That would feel amazing though. Kid in a candy store... with varieties... I can't even imagine how that must feel... someone should VR that... would go viral... haha.

Traviscorzin

Traviscorzin

I question the same thing about my seeds too. I try to find information from the dispensary about the grower, especially with the two Lemon Cookies seeds I found because it was soo good. They're pretty secretive about that kind of info tho. Don't want you going behind their back and going straight to the grower. In my eyes, if those were seeds from my plant that are going to be planted, I'd want them informed of genetics and possible crosses.

Thejoeybrown

Thejoeybrown

I question the same thing about my seeds too. I try to find information from the dispensary about the grower, especially with the two Lemon Cookies seeds I found because it was soo good. They're pretty secretive about that kind of info tho. Don't want you going behind their back and going straight to the grower. In my eyes, if those were seeds from my plant that are going to be planted, I'd want them informed of genetics and possible crosses.
It's probably because they don't know much. Lol. IMO. I don't know where you live but where I'm from You can go into a dispensary with a sample (given they give you the time) and they will send it to the lab to get tested. If they are happy with test results they will call you and make you an offer if they want it. They may buy less than a lb. all they know is what the grower tells them and the tests.

PurplePlants

PurplePlants

Anyone willing to post some of their plants @ 19 days old... i don't care if you all flood me... just interested. thanks in advance...

I am off to bed fellow farmers... won't post a picture now as they probably the same size lol.
Sleep well - 10pm this side - nice and sleepy... feels good.

TheRemer

TheRemer

Hey fellow farmers...

Came up to 10 grams.
View attachment 723245

Just wondering...

View attachment 723246

That 24 is doing nice, she's gotta nice stance going. Good job man.

jipp

jipp

Anyone willing to post some of their plants @ 19 days old... i don't care if you all flood me... just interested. thanks in advance...

I am off to bed fellow farmers... won't post a picture now as they probably the same size lol.
Sleep well - 10pm this side - nice and sleepy... feels good.
how about day 23. all my pictures are on my phone.
or id get your day 19.
Day 23

PurplePlants

PurplePlants

how about day 23. all my pictures are on my phone.
or id get your day 19.
View attachment 723336
That is perfect thank you so much... I see yours are bigger... Very perky... looks amazing... Colours are a bit different to mine.
Were you feeding nutes there already or not? (i started her with nutes, she got some nute burn on her 1st pair of leaves, then i stopped)
One day i will grow plants like all of you... (when i upgrade my lights from cheap CFL's to a real light source)

Anyway... Thank you to everyone who engages me in these forums. I really appreciate it all.
You all make me feel at home even though I am across the pond... haha

20 Days old today: (gave her some nutes lol) will see what it does to her as her 2 round leaves are basically dead.
20170725 072203

20170725 072241

IMG 20170724 WA0020

20170725 072858

Moved her for a better picture... lol she is my model haha
Here is the Northern Lights @ day 12:
20170725 072325

Going to water her now.... Not feeding her nutes yet... plain filtered water....
Just so you all know... I don't measure ppm's, PH or add anything like calmag so on...
All i do is feed SEAGRO fish emulsion... Just shows you that these plants will grow no matter what you throw at them... seems hard to kill one of these plants... Nature is amazing...
It was 4°C when i got back home at 7am... 7:44am its apparently 2°C... hmmm
not sure what to believe...
Weather 25 jul C
'
Poor outdoors lol.... BECOME PURPLE!!!! haha
Weather 25 jul F

If that humidity is real... amazing... but it says 23% humidity at the bottom... oh well... things do feel better... my lips arent cracked anymore... So lets hope for the best...

PurplePlants

PurplePlants

You all come out with those plastic spike things with the names on.... I come out with a sticker for my pot to write the info on...
You all look so professional... Here i come being the cheapest... Yet they still grow...
Must say you all have your sh!t together... one day for me... one day...

PurplePlants

PurplePlants

Some good news fellow farmers...

So i might have figured out a way to keep my seeds warm enough to make the water in the carton roll evaporate at a slow steady pace...
During the day... 9am - 14:30 they sit on my windowsill in the sun... Plate at the bottom 2 layers of carton roll... seeds on top and then 1 layer of carton roll again... wet it all and let it sit...
Then when the sun moves away from the window... i move them to my computer... i put them on my pc box... this somehow keeps them warm... done this since i put them in yesterday... already today... they all almost have tap roots... tiny but its there...

Here they are: (the 6 together at the top are all AK-47's and the others are all White Rhinos)
20170725 151107

Traviscorzin

Traviscorzin

I'm lucky enough to have family that supports my life choices and gives me the freedom to buy things for growing. Plus my wife has gotten really into organic everything, so I convinced her to help me go organic. She researches products for me and suggests things now.
And the only reason I have those spike things is cuz they came free with my fabric pots. Those seeds look nice and ready to go into the ground.

PurplePlants

PurplePlants

I'm lucky enough to have family that supports my life choices and gives me the freedom to buy things for growing. Plus my wife has gotten really into organic everything, so I convinced her to help me go organic. She researches products for me and suggests things now.
And the only reason I have those spike things is cuz they came free with my fabric pots. Those seeds look nice and ready to go into the ground.
That's great man... lol @ convinced...

I also research a lot, not on organic topics or anything specific... just research what the plants need... So i can't help there...
Although that being said... my plants seem to be happy, was just my own errors that caused them to get deficiencies...
I use SEAGRO... have posted the label and its contents in my post somewhere... let me get it quickly... ok can't find them on the forums here... but will upload it here... NB: if you do get this for some reason... careful as it can cause nute burn...
20170710 190339

20170710 190350

The amounts are all there... not sure if those are enough lol... never researched... plants are fine... so yeah... who knew...

Never have tried other products before... This was laying around the house so used it... Just knew my plants would need N, P, so on... can't think of them all out my head... i should take notes...

If you find out something cool let me know :D

My wife to be smokes with me... She is the driving force behind everything i do in life... Even the growing... <3
Will be posting pics of the girls soon... need to phone Eskom quickly... lol oh boy...

PurplePlants

PurplePlants

Howdy fellow farmers...

I have taken the pictures...
As i am typing this... i figure i should rather post pictures of the girls when something weird is happening and when they have grown a bit so you can see a difference... I do take pictures... a lot... but will only show the ones that are life changing :)

Have a question... Why would my Northern Lights do this?
20170725 204443

The one leaf is growing at an angle...
is that okay?
Could that be that she is moving towards one of the other lights?
or is that just her own style?

Sorry for the stupid questions... i know its got nothing to do with nutes and so on...

Anyway... enjoy your night and always pass to the left...

PurplePlants

PurplePlants

Good morning fellow farmers...

I woke up this morning... Then the chaos... Now i am back home and its 7am... Took a picture of my girls... I was surprised...

She has opened up so nicely... Her lights go on from 6am - 00:00am then off from 00:00 to 6am...
So with her lights being on for 1 hour only... Check how she looks!!! Standing so proud @ 21 days...

20170726 065249

20170726 065301

20170726 065314

20170726 065406

Have her turned in such a way as u can see in the last picture... So now the light is hitting all the future colas... Haven't started training yet...

PurplePlants

PurplePlants

My babies have rooted!!!!!!!!!! need to work fast to get them into pots... will take pics and upload when done... AWESOME!!!!!!!!

but now i need space lol

Top Bottom