25 micron bag takes forever

• Thread starter orbad
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
orbad

orbad

Hi everyone, I have a 3 bag all mesh set that has a 220, 73, and a 25 micron bag. I mix in a bucket, strain through the first bag. The 73 bag drains real fast, then the 25 micron bag takes so long the water would get warm if I let it sit that long. I usually resort to squeezing about the last liter or so of water through the screen. This deposits all the hash in the walls of the bag. Not good for recovery.

Should I pick up a different brand bag, or is this typical of the last bag?

Should I add a bag before the 25? Would that speed up the process?

I've cleaned it thoroughly with 91% ISO before this batch and it was the same when the bags were brand new.

juggernaut

juggernaut

For me the 25 micron bag is a waste of time....low yield and a pain in the ass.
If you're running sativa's then maybe it's worth it as the resin heads tend to be smaller.

Honestly buy a 90 and a 40 bag(around these microns) and you're covered. Plus a little more seperation in the buzz as well.

cheers

baba G

baba G

bean sprouts are tasty
Lkog3
Lkog4
Lkog25
Lkog2

I just close up the top of the bag and shake it up and down and can get a full 25micron bag all the way drained in about 30sec or so...fwiw

p.s. some of the best bubble I've ever smoked has come out of the 25 micron bag

johnny butt

johnny butt

Tug on that fucker like you're 15 years old again... ;)

I grab the top, and let the bag start to fall, and yank it back up. Do it a few times, and the water will get flowing. Repeat when the flow slows

Problem is, your hash is clogging the mesh, and the agitation unclogs the holes and lets the water flow through... As it sits still, the hash settles and it will clog again, and reduce down to a drizzle... Drop and yank

TrichromeFan

TrichromeFan

I personally don't use below 73 micron. Drains too slow, and the product is small and no good.

-TF

N

NorCalGrower

If you raise up the bag a few inches and let it drop, it will go MUCH faster!! the trick is get the bag to pretty much free fall for a split second, this makes the hash lift off the screen and allows water underneath. Get a rhythm going and you'll be done fast!

Top Bottom