25 Micron Hash Darker than everything else.

• Thread starter SOGreenThumb
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
S

SOGreenThumb

So i just finished making some hash with the trimmings from my last grow. This is the first time ive made hash. I always use to make butter instead but this time i decided to invest in a machine and make some hash. anyhow I have a bubblenow 5 gal machine and a set of 4 bubble bags. Micron sizes are 220, 160, 73, and 25. When finished the 25 micron was much much darker than everything else. the 160 is the lightest. ive been reading online that the last bag should produce the best quality and lightest color hash. funny thing is the 25 micron smokes waaaaaay better than everything else. its much smoother and tastes much better than the others. im just wondering why it is so dark in color and not light like the others... any help appreciated.

motherlode

motherlode

@Rolln_J
Supporter
the strain you had must have had small trichs - I usually the 73 would have the most and best quality (out of the bags you listed)

was it a sativa or sativa dominant strain?

S

SOGreenThumb

the strain you had must have had small trichs - I usually the 73 would have the most and best quality (out of the bags you listed)

was it a sativa or sativa dominant strain?

the strain is Purple Kush. 100% Indica. thanks for the fast reply

G

gooey

i always get the 25 coming in dark, the 73 and 90 are usually blonde...all three smoke good but the 25 is usually the most melty...its all good just a preference, the whole 25 being the best is just online garbage, strain dependent for sure as motherlode said...peace n puffs enjoy your hash

S

SOGreenThumb

i always get the 25 coming in dark, the 73 and 90 are usually blonde...all three smoke good but the 25 is usually the most melty...its all good just a preference, the whole 25 being the best is just online garbage, strain dependent for sure as motherlode said...peace n puffs enjoy your hash

yea my 73 and 160 are blonde but none of them are melty. i thought my 25 would be melty or bubble when lit but it doesnt. just burns. but it is ridiculously smooth and has this wonderful fruity grape/strawberry flavor. simply amazing.

desertsquirrel

desertsquirrel

as motherlode pointed out the quality of each micron size is determined by the strain. Different strains have different sized glad heads.

That being said the 25 is usually the glad stocks, with the next bag or two above it being glad heads.

the less it bubbles and or liquifies the less pure it is. Tris melt, plant material burns.

P

Pollen Chucker

Dark color = contaminants.

very true. in addition, wet hash turns dark. the plant contaminants hold water and turn the hash dark as well. same with hash that is not broken up before drying.

Dutchdaisy

Dutchdaisy

Freeze it, motar and pisal it to powder when frozen, spread out on paper plate and let dry, if you don't get the water out it'll mold and be ruined,,,after the powdered Tri's dry, a pinch in a clean glassy and your cerebal cortex warms and you feel good, wax won't do that,,Peace

F

fuzzy

Its not dye from the bubble bag is it?I read on here somewhere that some bags are releasing some of the dye they use. peace,fuzzy

El Cerebro

El Cerebro

the smaller the bag size the darker the hash will be
I typically have the opposite experience, but sometimes the 25bag is a bit darker. And usually the 25 is very small yield and junk IMO, maybe my strains? 45 usually has very little in it either compared to the 73 and 90-100 which contain the highest quality and yield. 120ish is sometimes pretty good too, although noticeably lower grade than the latter 2. 160 for cooking, maybe.

Might want to check the bags, I've heard some have been mislabeled (can hold up to light or check with a loupe to compare). I've also heard lately a lot of bags are not actually the micron size stated, so who knows, maybe mine are wrong (old original bubblebag brand). On the grades, getting it under magnification should elucidate the quality pretty quick, after that it's preference, and the effects/flavors certainly can vary by size. Big spectrum of light to dark and color tints across varieties.

Top Bottom