25 mile rule

• Thread starter Inhale
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
S

smotpoker420

Got to say the 25 mile rule is pretty stupid, end up paying full price just cause someone is unlucky enough to live close to one (or lucky depending on how you look at it).

They plan on having a dispensary in enough locations that the 25 mile rule will get nearly EVERYONE.

As far as places to buy meds now, there are many compassion clubs which are open until a judge makes a ruling on them.

Someone earlier said something about the fingerprinting rule, that only applies to caregivers...

S

SunDevil

Got to say the 25 mile rule is pretty stupid, end up paying full price just cause someone is unlucky enough to live close to one (or lucky depending on how you look at it).

I believe it is fundamental to Arizona to repeal the 25 mile rule!

J

Jack Burton

I believe it is fundamental to Arizona to repeal the 25 mile rule!

Tell me about it! Also, I believe the state needs to add a few more disabilities to the list of who can qualify for medical mj as well. But, first, the 25 mile rule needs to go.

My 2 cents

JB

Medijuana

Medijuana

You guys aren't following the news very well. Brewer is not going to be licensing any dispensaries and may even be looking to nullify the dispensary portion of the law. So she'd rather have 10's of thousands of patient-growers than a handful of dispensaries? :rock

D

Dignan

It's been more than a year now and I have yet to hear even ONE compelling argument or even a remotely reasonable justification for the 25 mile rule. Because there is none. There are only two reasons for anyone to support the 25 mile rule: ignorance or greed. If someone supports the rule or is poised to open a dispensary in the event they ever become reality, you know that person is either naive or motivated by greed. Including and especially the Marijuana Policy Project, who intentionally crafted Prop 203 in such a way as to hand a virtual monopoly to their wealthy friends who have already ransacked the medical marijuana industries in CA, CO and Michigan. MPP is not your friend. They are working hard to create a new industry in which they/their cronies will be poised to control how and where you get your medicine, and for what price.

M

mofeta1

The only way the 25 mile rule can be changed is through another voter initiative.

Medijuana

Medijuana

its not up to brewer

The only way the 25 mile rule can be changed is through another voter initiative.

This is the route she's looking at taking, but it is still her administration that will be pushing for this. I actually support the repeal of the dispensaries, as I do not want the same crap happening in AZ that has happened in CA. The industrialization of marijuana is why the last attempt at legalizing pot lost in CA. Anyone paying attention to that proposition knew it would hand control of marijuana production over to corporations while keeping it from the private growers.

D

Dignan

Yep. Until something shifts again at the federal level, dispensaries are a huge roll of the dice. Even if someone could open a dispensary in Arizona without becoming a hypocrite due to the 25 mile rule that screws the very patients the law is meant to help, they'd get raided within the first 6 months.

Lucky for us, Governor Boozer isn't going to let that happen. She LOVES home cultivators! I think she has an account here at THCF even.

KAL EL

KAL EL

Yep. Until something shifts again at the federal level, dispensaries are a huge roll of the dice. Even if someone could open a dispensary in Arizona without becoming a hypocrite due to the 25 mile rule that screws the very patients the law is meant to help, they'd get raided within the first 6 months.

Lucky for us, Governor Boozer isn't going to let that happen. She LOVES home cultivators! I think she has an account here at THCF even.

Isn't she looking for someone to show her how to grow too?
:winking0067:

H

Hortus

Get a petition rolling around around, enough signatures can get the 25 mile rule on the ballot...possibly amended...

Top Bottom