250 HPS | All Stages Distance & Time

• Thread starter constantine_greece
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
constantine_greece

constantine_greece

Hey guys, can you please tell me in all stages the distance a 250 hps lamp should be and how long?

p.s.: i only have this lamp, so please don't tell me to buy CFL. Cheers!

Chad.Westport

Chad.Westport

seedlings and clones, 24" above canopy. You can do an 18/6, 20/4 or 24 hour light cycle.

Veg I would try and move it to 18" above the canopy. You can do an 18/6, 20/4 or 24 hour light cycle.

Flower I would try and have it 12" off the top of the canopy IF this is an air cooled hood unit. You want a 12/12 light schedule for this stage.

These are all my guesses, not taken from a manual. Does the manufacturer of your light have recommendations?

constantine_greece

constantine_greece

seedlings and clones, 24" above canopy. You can do an 18/6, 20/4 or 24 hour light cycle.

Veg I would try and move it to 18" above the canopy. You can do an 18/6, 20/4 or 24 hour light cycle.

Flower I would try and have it 12" off the top of the canopy IF this is an air cooled hood unit. You want a 12/12 light schedule for this stage.

These are all my guesses, not taken from a manual. Does the manufacturer of your light have recommendations?
No mate, and i was a little bit afraid not to burn them babies. Thanks bruv, really appreciate it

Chad.Westport

Chad.Westport

If it is not an air cooled unit, I would run the light 4" higher than I just suggested during the flower stage. Those lights put off decent heat. If you see your top leaves turning up like a taco or you see the edges turning in, those are signs of heat stress and you'd want to back it off a little bit.

lipifarmer

lipifarmer

Atleast 40 cm in every stage from my experiences. Also I like it close as much as can in growth stage for shorter spacing between branches.

Latest posts

Top Bottom