2Bad’s first organic cannabis grow

• Thread starter 2Bad
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
2Bad

2Bad

If it's bugs i'm literally just gonna stop growing so it better not be.

ComfortablyNumb

ComfortablyNumb

Do you have pets? Do you change your clothes before messing with the ladies?
Pets = #1 method of bringing in bugs.
People = #2

2Bad

2Bad

Do you have pets? Do you change your clothes before messing with the ladies?
Pets = #1 method of bringing in bugs.
People = #2
I've been growing for a year and a half and have always had a cat. I do change clothes before going in EVERYTIME. Just my first time organic.

ComfortablyNumb

ComfortablyNumb

Pets, and people, get stuff caught in their hair all the time. We used to have an avacado tree in the yard and it was infested with aphids. We stopped taking the dogs near it and the amount of aphids we had to battle dropped drastically.

Shaded_One

Shaded_One

I don't think the spots are white on my phone they look yellow

hope so, take a good look when you get home. Thrips and spider mites are the big ones here you need to check for with white spots. If it ain't bugs there is also the possibility of it being fungal or mold and the fact that only one plant looks like that ehhhhh

2Bad

2Bad

I've grown this strain before in coco. It was the runt of the bunch it was SUPER SMALL. Maybe only a foot tall!

mysticepipedon

mysticepipedon

If it's bugs, my guess is thrips. When I had them, the spots were random like that and they seemed to prefer leaves that were shaded to the upper leaves.

Assuming they're thrips, don't stop growing. They're a pain in the ass, but they are supposed to be the easiest of the common cannabis pests to get rid of. They're soft-bodied and die from mild detergent solutions and mild ascetic acid solutions, and just about any pesticide. They can also be controlled with nematodes and all sorts of beneficial mites and insects. I've had 'em, now I don't. They have a stage of growth where they live in the soil, so nematodes and other soil beneficials work.

A friend of mine, who has had both thrips and spider mites, said he considers thrips easier to get rid of.

2Bad

2Bad

It may have been said but what kinda dirt are ya runnin?
If I forgot to mention I apologize . Promix bx / ewc / perlite 50%/25/25 along with other ammendments such as gypsum, epsom salt, basalt dust, and humic acids and microbes

the “other ammendments” are given every two weeks and 444 Gaia green will be given every 3 weeks.

Any suggestions

PrimoClonesCanada

PrimoClonesCanada

Supporter
Hey 2bad nice looking grow!!
Hopefully you get the issue figured out.
I agree with others the white dot definitely look suspicious. When I had thrips long ago I remember they would always kinda hide in the middle vein on the leaf making them fairly hard to spot so if I thought I might see one I would stick my nail near it to see if it moved or if it was just dust or something.

Also notice you have your plants elevated with trays under them. I'm assuming it's just to get air around your fabric pots? Your not watering to runoff are you?
In my experience you want to water till just before runoff to saturate all the soil but no water loss. I think any water runoff would take some of your nutrients with it.
I also try and top dress every 2 weeks if I can but I use much smaller pots than you.

2Bad

2Bad

Any
Hey 2bad nice looking grow!!
Hopefully you get the issue figured out.
I agree with others the white dot definitely look suspicious. When I had thrips long ago I remember they would always kinda hide in the middle vein on the leaf making them fairly hard to spot so if I thought I might see one I would stick my nail near it to see if it moved or if it was just dust or something.

Also notice you have your plants elevated with trays under them. I'm assuming it's just to get air around your fabric pots? Your not watering to runoff are you?
In my experience you want to water till just before runoff to saturate all the soil but no water loss. I think any water runoff would take some of your nutrients with it.
I also try and top dress every 2 weeks if I can but I use much smaller pots than you.
ty for that feedback my guy yeah the risers are just for pruning , and the white dots were just yellow dots the camera didn’t tell the whole story . We back on track. The deficiency was because I transplanted a week too late 🥹 lol but it’s all good seems to be doing okay now .

Blastfact

Blastfact

If I forgot to mention I apologize . Promix bx / ewc / perlite 50%/25/25 along with other ammendments such as gypsum, epsom salt, basalt dust, and humic acids and microbes

the “other ammendments” are given every two weeks and 444 Gaia green will be given every 3 weeks.

Any suggestions
Mix your Gaia Green at 3 tbsp per gal. and mix 444 and 284 at a ratio. Veg 70% 444, 30% 284. Late veg/early flower 50% 444, 50% 284. Flower 30% 444, 70% 284.

2Bad

2Bad

day 47 .. 7th week of veg coming to an end. It’s been 3 weeks since I transplanted from 1 gal to 7 gallons . I fed at that point too. Not sure if they are hungry yet I might go another week before feeding .

In the 1 gallon they were hungry at week 3 and certain ones became deficient at week 4

50CC2313 1E4A 4AB7 B80E F822108BCD24
128AEAB6 333A 4C2D 841B E4CEE3C69AC5
693D5FC7 FA3D 41F7 8461 93CF98CA7AD2
Last edited:
M

MasterCookie

Any suggestions
Have you done a pH test of your soil? A slurry or runoff water test?

Latest posts

Top Bottom