2k scrog grow soiless and dwc raskals fire og

• Thread starter Aerojoe
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Aerojoe

Aerojoe

Week 4 update DWC/handwater
They are coming along quite nicely indeed.
other than that I had another accident... but I played doctor and she seems to have healed up quite nicely, which is good cause I ripped her branch off to where it was hanging by some bark :( has anyone else had any "overcrops" or accidents that you were able to heal back from? and w/o hermie? gonna keep an eye on the handwater towards the end.

IMG 0298a
IMG 0300a
IMG 0301a
IMG 0302a
IMG 0303a
Aerojoe

Aerojoe

Week 4 update Soilless
they are looking better, but something still looks off about them to me, any soilless pros out there have any tips?
last pic is a crazy rip/bent arm from when I first put them into the trellis and she's been alive and kicking on that arm!

IMG 0304bb
IMG 0306bb
IMG 0307b
IMG 0309b
IMG 0305b
Aerojoe

Aerojoe

early week 5 update.

almost Week 5 update
The temps have been nicer these past few days and have brought some nice colors/frostiness out of some of them.

IMG 0310a
IMG 0311a
IMG 0313a
IMG 0314b
IMG 0315b
IMG 0316b
M

mastergreen

you need to be filling the lights all the way to be on top of that 500-600 dollar power bill. Thats just my 2 cents ill shut it tho = ]

Aerojoe

Aerojoe

you need to be filling the lights all the way to be on top of that 500-600 dollar power bill. Thats just my 2 cents ill shut it tho = ]

Which trellis r u referring to? Soilless? Or both? I think that if the quality of both trellis's are on par I'll b more than happy. My biggest concern atm is the soilless's, its not so much the looks as much as the smell, its got 1/3 the smell of the dwc in strength and types of smells. Only smell I get from it is sour lemons, but the dwc has a sweet kushy, fruity, lemony pledge smell.
Is $500-600 common for 2k's in cali? Or is that w ac?

j wizzle

j wizzle

500-600 seems ok with AC running 24/7...its around $100/ 1k on 12/12

instead of using styrofoam, why dont you just tie them to the buckets? just drill a small hole on the side of the upper lip so light doesnt leak into them and you will be fine. that styrofoam is just another place bad things can grow on...

Aerojoe

Aerojoe

500-600 seems ok with AC running 24/7...its around $100/ 1k on 12/12

instead of using styrofoam, why dont you just tie them to the buckets? just drill a small hole on the side of the upper lip so light doesnt leak into them and you will be fine. that styrofoam is just another place bad things can grow on...

Ideally I wouldn't use the Styrofoam, but it was more just to support my beast plants that overgrew the bubble cloner/2 inch neoprene, cause they kept falling down(into the rez), I can't tie em down cause i'm trying to keep them up, only reason I left it alone after trellising, was because I figured it would keep light/heat out of my bin. I'll take pics of bin when I get back to give u an idea of what im working with, but this is definitely my dwc beta build(cloner repurposed). I've learned a lot and will probably do a rdwc next time, I'm loving the results. Any tips for improving my soilless girls? Is the 1 gallon pots too small for good yield/quality.

j wizzle

j wizzle

i didnt mean tie them down on one side only...as they would obviously just fall down

if you put ties on both sides, triangulation would be even better, then the plant will stay/grow upright and you will eliminate the need for styrofoam.

Aerojoe

Aerojoe

Ah i c, I've been meaning to try LST, I have a lot of friends that swear by it, but next time I'll do it in a 3.5 inch net cup atleast and w/o the bottoms cut out(bubble cloner stylee) cause I don't wanna submerge the whole roots in the water cause I think the top roots need oxygen and I didn't adequately support these plants thus the crappy styrofoam supports.

M

mastergreen

Nor cal is a little cheaper. Here in socal, edison is raping people with rates. Was getting 1500 dollar power bills with 6k watts

Aerojoe

Aerojoe

nice, I hope to have a 6k room one day, one step at a time. how much of that 1500 is in ac/cooling costs? is it sealed or ventilated?
Here's some current pics of the dwc and some pics of the bin I'm using to finish her up in.

IMG 0318
IMG 0319
IMG 0320
IMG 0321
D

Donk Frog

500-600 power bill wtf ...are you serious for 2k plus a little ac, fuck where i lived before here it was only 60$ extra a month to run 2 --1k lights, fans,
Feel sorry for you americans payin so much for power....crazy.....looking good though

Aerojoe

Aerojoe

Man donk, i'm envious of ur canadian power rates, I think your $60 bill for 2k's is comparable to bills of some 1 who didn't grow at all. Thanks for the kind words, they r looking and smelling better each day, hopefully the nugs still have some swelling to do.

Aerojoe

Aerojoe

DWC Trellis update week 6

Dwc trellis update week 6
They be frosting up real nice :party0045:
there's a lil bit of tacoing going on a few of em, not sure what's causing it but it still smells and looks great imo.

IMG 0337
IMG 0338
IMG 0339
IMG 0340
Aerojoe

Aerojoe

Soilless week 6 update
They are starting to look/smell better now, but still not looking as good or smelling as good as the dwc's.

IMG 0341
IMG 0342
IMG 0343
IMG 0344
Aerojoe

Aerojoe

DWC Trellis update week 7

They are looking good, I'm hoping for a final swell and to put on some more frost before they finish out.
last pic is to show the difference in growth between my hand water and my dwc. I'm sure next soilless handwater will be much better.

IMG 0351
IMG 0352
IMG 0353
IMG 0354
Aerojoe

Aerojoe

Soilless Drip Trellis update week 7

The soilless drip feds are definitely looking nicer and smelling nicer. not quite as filled out as I'd have hoped for but it still seems like it will be a good smoke.

IMG 0355
IMG 0356
IMG 0357
Aerojoe

Aerojoe

Preharvest pics DWC
They are frosting up real nice and about ready for the picking.

IMG 0358
IMG 0359
IMG 0362
IMG 0363
IMG 0364
Aerojoe

Aerojoe

Soilless preharvest pics
They are looking pretty good, but they have a bit more longer to go.

IMG 0365
IMG 0366
IMG 0367
Top Bottom