2k vertical with Ken's GDP, LA Pure Kush, ToraBora + more

• Thread starter fractal
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
fractal

fractal

Guys I have been sitting on my ass for 4 months waiting to get something going again, drying up my reserve stash steadily and driving me crazy! If I'm not growing then I am wasting time!

Finally situations worked out and I built up a small panda film room inside a room. I built some 6 inch wide wooden troughs lined with panda film and drain fittings for automatic watering. . . Layered an inch or two of hydroton kernels and stuck some 4 inch rockwool cubes on top.

I am using two 1000 watt lights, one Hortilux HPS and one Hortilux BLUE which is an excellent bulb for vegging and flowering. Totally worth $180 in my opinion, last year it allowed me to veg plants at night and get them bigger before going outdoors. What other bulb could hang with pure sunlight and produce similar results? Because I sure don't know of one.

The strains I have in here are mostly "Ken's Grandaddy Purple" which I am running for the first time. It came from a past member here who I think is pissed at me for talking shit on rap music. Sorry about that bro, you should hit me up I apologize.

Then I have lots of "LA Pure Kush", chemdog #4, Deep Chunk and Tora Bora (X18 / LA confidential crosss) in the troughs, 2 troughs per side.

To make the most of the space I put 6 mother plants I was holding into 5 gallon pots, four of them in smartpots. There is a Ken's GDP, Blockhead, Poison OG kush, 1998 super silver and LA Pure Kush in organic soil.

All are being fed with AN sensi bloom and pureblend Calmag supplement. I keep it simple but might hit them up with a bloom booster soon.

This is really nothing special, just threw it together with cheap lumber and a desire to set up a vertical grow, to get the most from my limited wattage. Once I pull this crop though I can move up again to where I was a year ago, because life is better with more lights in the attic right?:evilgrin0013:

2k vertical with kens gdp la pure kush torabora  more
2k vertical with kens gdp la pure kush torabora  more 2
2k vertical with kens gdp la pure kush torabora  more 3
420Gator

420Gator

do you think the side with the super blue will yield more?

fractal

fractal

I am actually swapping the bulbs back and forth each week, but I will tell you that the side with the blue bulb grew much more vigorously the first week it was obvious. Then i swapped the bulb around and the other side caught up in no time. Both bulbs are relatively new, the HPS has only been used 3 or 4 months and the Blue maybe 6 months.

420Gator

420Gator

i will be upgrading soon been hearing too many good things not to

P

pacog

Fractal... You are not having Issues running the Hortilux Blue in the Vertical Position??? You know the 1000w is Supposed to be Horizontal Burn Position only( checj you box to make sure)??? At least those are the only ones I have been able to find anywhere.

Blues are the Shit for sure.

fractal

fractal

Well here are some new pics, things are not turning out as well as I had planned dude to extreme heat and I was out of commission most of the last two weeks after a serious illness and then emergency surgery weekend before last.

First up, the soil grown LA Pure Kush in a smartpot is looking awesome at 36 days. I did not think it would get so tall and full, I just love this plant and its relative vigor compared to other kushes.

LAPUREKUSH
LAPUREKUSH 2
LAPUREKUSH 3
fractal

fractal

Deep Chunk, looking all gnarly and leafy with some tiny little nugs hidden within. And second, a top from one of the DNA genetics' Tora Bora variety. That one has a rich hashy smell, and a kushy look to it.

DEEPCHUNK
TB DNA
2broke2smoke

2broke2smoke

I wonder about the hanging that horti blue verticle. I love the horti blue just wish it was good for more than 6000 hours. Can be bought at gold cost for 150 to ur door too.

2b2s

B

burnalot420

Lolipop Genetics
Supporter
sorry to hear of your illness fractal,hope all is well my friend...so is this your first run in a vert setup like this? if not what is your avg. gpw and what do you hope to reach?

Burn

Top Bottom