2nd BHO Run - Best Shatter I've Ever Tasted

• Thread starter bellumromanum
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
bellumromanum

bellumromanum

Yea title says it all. I ran some Fruity Pebbles OG nugs and the shatter is some of the best tasting I've ever smoked. Tastes exactly like it smells.

I was sitting there taking a dab last night and it hit me. If I'm a complete novice running nugs from my very first grow ever (where I made plenty of mistakes) and the oil is still THIS MUCH better than what I can buy (I'm in socal there's no shortage of dispensaries) - THEN WTF ARE THEY PUTTING IN THE TRASH AT THE DISPOS??

R

RoscosDaisys

Well, I’ve worked in a legal grow facility so I’ll tell you exactly what that is hahahah. So in the trim room, lots of trim falls on the floor! And is swept up for blasting... Or my favorite- the crop won’t pass microbial testing. To much PM. It is then blasted... and sold to us :) the circle of recreational weed life I guess

bellumromanum

bellumromanum

Well, I’ve worked in a legal grow facility so I’ll tell you exactly what that is hahahah. So in the trim room, lots of trim falls on the floor! And is swept up for blasting... Or my favorite- the crop won’t pass microbial testing. To much PM. It is then blasted... and sold to us :) the circle of recreational weed life I guess

I'm literally not at all surprised by this. I don't mean to sound like a snob from my post or whatever I know I'm a total novice and have plenty to learn. But I was like dude whatever they're selling as "Organic Nug Run" shatter; is not.

bellumromanum

bellumromanum

Let’s get that how to bro!

I mean like I said bro I'm brand new my process is nothing special but I'm more than happy to share it. Lemme see if I have enough pictures and stuff from this last run to do it justice.

If not I gotta do another run here tomorrow or something anyways so I'll take enough pics to do a how-to

bellumromanum

bellumromanum

Hell yeah! I know I could google it, but I’d love to see how you do it

For sure man! Well I'm anal-retentive by nature and an engineer by discipline so I don't like to do things half-assed when possible. I don't feel like I took enough pics to walk you through the whole process with the last one but here's a couple anyways....

This is the column set up outside before the first blast:

Tane boiling off after the blast:

Purging:

After a few flips (getting close here):

I'll put up a how-to probably in another thread with my full process after my next run if there's really interest...

bellumromanum

bellumromanum

What temp is your receiver at? I keep a thermos of hot water to add as it cools, probably around 100°F and any slight breeze is enough to slow the boil.
I keep it simple man, warm not hot water under the PTFE after I blast and until it's ready to purge. Purging chamber heat mat I keep at 90 degrees until the last flip then I might bump it up over 100 for less than a minute before taking it out.

I never did do that write-up...ran my first tube of live resin last night and it came out smashing. Couldn't be happier. Small run tho but again tastes exactly like it smelled.
20201026 201729
20201027 073752
20201027 094704
20201027 111724

TheBioMaster

TheBioMaster

Something to consider:

Using a heated press has its advantages...IMHO. Its cleaner as I know even using a vacuum leaves butane behind.

The butane method is dangerous, even with safety protocols in safe. If you ever saw a can burst in someone's hand/face, I promise you wouldn't ever use it again.

The initial investment kinda sucks but you can build a awesome press yourself easy for less than 500$.

You have lots of control over final product with use of different size micron bags.....and being able to dial in the heat.

Long term use of inhaling butane may not be the healthiest way to go.

And its super easy and quick......no freezing, No chemicals, no mess to clean.

Harbor Freight has a decent 12 ton press for 100$. Order a set of plates and controller kit from Dulytek for 299$.....about 10 minutes to assemble.... Done!

Top Bottom