2nd ghetto grow

• Thread starter ronvmpc
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
ronvmpc

ronvmpc

So here we are my friends. My second grow and i have mad knowledge after my failure of a first indoor grow. Here's my setup.
Flowering: 400watt hps with 6 waterfarm pots.(you only see 3 cause i'm waiting for some beans. GH nutes with big bud and koolbloom.
Vegging: 2 t8's in an 2x2' ebb and flow system with a 20 gallon resevior. I'm in the process of making a ventilated 3',5',5' box to put all that stuff in which i am waiting for 2 duct booster. Also a cloning dome.
And above all a dehumidifier:icon_spin:. I can throw a rock in the ocean from where i live so humidity is a bitch.
Here's some pics now but all the real construction will be done by next weekend.
From left to right it's romulan berry, blue cheese and a white rhino which i popped from seed. In soil is strawberry cough. I'm awaiting a super lemon haze and a vanilla kush bean in the mail which ima make moms. I'll be in humbolt for a week so I'll update in a week. And remember. This is so cal ghetto style. I'm still stacking chips to get my dream system.
P.S. The closet is full of that bomb ass headband. Love that stuff.:smiley_joint:

And above all. Suggestions,criticisms and questions are wanted and appreciated.
So here we go. Both excited and nervous.

2nd ghetto grow
2nd ghetto grow 2
2nd ghetto grow 3
2nd ghetto grow 4
2nd ghetto grow 5
2nd ghetto grow 6
jagle

jagle

heya, new to all this so this is very interesting to me from a beginners point of view,
the 2 t8's for vegging, t8 flourescent lighting? can i ask why you went with flourescent for vegging, would you not use hps's aswell

ty

ronvmpc

ronvmpc

heya, new to all this so this is very interesting to me from a beginners point of view,
the 2 t8's for vegging, t8 flourescent lighting? can i ask why you went with flourescent for vegging, would you not use hps's aswell

ty
Ty,
With way less power i can get almost the same growth without HPS's. BUT, if i had the money for electricity i would love to veg under HPS's. Once i get my veg cabinet going then i'll run my HPS everyday in my flowering "area" but for 12 hours.

Z

zDisturbedz

What are you doing for ventilation on the closet for drying out the buds? Doesn't that make the living space reak of herb? I haven't constructed a space in my basement to dry and cure mine yet, but odor control is a must for me so was looking for ideas. Currently my basement is dual purpose recreation room and my grow room. I have been working hard at odor control to make it as low key as possible, but I am beginning to worry about how to construct a small drying space that wont smell up the place.

jagle

jagle

Ty,
With way less power i can get almost the same growth without HPS's. BUT, if i had the money for electricity i would love to veg under HPS's. Once i get my veg cabinet going then i'll run my HPS everyday in my flowering "area" but for 12 hours.

so if you had some t8's and hps, would yu rahter use the hps for flowering and the t8's for vegging or t8's for vegging and hps for flowering?

ronvmpc

ronvmpc

Ty,
T8's for vegging. You can flower with t8's but its better to do it with HPS's. (More power means bigger buds from what i heard.) But i have seen people use fluorescence with great results on this forums. There's so many ways you can go as far as lights but as a beginner i would stick with what I'm doing. Check out the grow room section in the forum. Some of these guys are pretty smart for being stoners.

ronvmpc

ronvmpc

What are you doing for ventilation on the closet for drying out the buds? Doesn't that make the living space reak of herb? I haven't constructed a space in my basement to dry and cure mine yet, but odor control is a must for me so was looking for ideas. Currently my basement is dual purpose recreation room and my grow room. I have been working hard at odor control to make it as low key as possible, but I am beginning to worry about how to construct a small drying space that wont smell up the place.

To duct boosters Should work for the cabinet. I actually cut to 4inch holes on either side and put the duct booster in there. There are little discs that you can buy for like 8bucks and you put in a duct booster or anything the air can past thru. They dampen the smell pretty good. My friend who is hvac certified turned me onto them. I'll find a website for you. Something about negative and positive charged ions.(I'm horrible at science.)FYI. you might wanna consider another spot cause some plants are just plain super stinky.

jagle

jagle

think im gonna go down the CFL route for the first few runs, least till i get my bearings, unless i find a nice lil hps for cheap ill use it for flowering, but i think with the quantity ill be growing, very small amount jsut for me and perhaps the missus to smoke wont need much light power, and tbh the shittest stuff i grow will probably be better then 90% of the stuff on the street

MarijuanaBaybee

MarijuanaBaybee

yup tru that man some of them are just to damm stankey

ronvmpc

ronvmpc

It doesn't do the job of a carbon filter by any means, but it does dampen the smell.

jagle

jagle

how long are those disc's lasting for before you need to replace em?
would you not look into a diy carbon scrubber?

MarijuanaBaybee

MarijuanaBaybee

yo man when you going to pop them beans im planin to pop some VK seeds but im curious to see how they turn out super lemon haze beans your getting from cali by any chance?

ronvmpc

ronvmpc

yo man when you going to pop them beans im planin to pop some VK seeds but im curious to see how they turn out super lemon haze beans your getting from cali by any chance?

Tomorrow. they came in i just have to pick them up. I got them from barney's overseas. Came up on those guys randomly.

ronvmpc

ronvmpc

how long are those disc's lasting for before you need to replace em?
would you not look into a diy carbon scrubber?

For sure. I actually just got a carbon scrubber but given that other guys situation that seems like a good way to go.

jagle

jagle

For sure. I actually just got a carbon scrubber but given that other guys situation that seems like a good way to go.

cool cool, expensive? dont know where im gonna get one my neck of the woods unless i get one online

ronvmpc

ronvmpc

cool cool, expensive? dont know where im gonna get one my neck of the woods unless i get one online
Mountain air carbon filter. Look it up on google. I've heard nothing but good things.

J

jakew215

so if you had some t8's and hps, would yu rahter use the hps for flowering and the t8's for vegging or t8's for vegging and hps for flowering?

i want what this guys' smokin'

not lookin too ghetto to me my friend, looks good.

J

John Smith Esq.

Good luck on this one bro, i havent tried the lemon haze but i use barney's all the time and cant say anything but good things. Their Blue Cheese is the Shit.

I have a suggestion if i may... id put 4 walls round your set up, your losing alot of light around the edges. What id do if i were keeping it cheap is staple some Mylar sheets to 4 bits of cardboard and prop em round your lights so they reflect some light back @ your plants, hell even for bits of plain white cardboard would be better than having nothing. just my 2p.

looking good so far...

i want what this guys' smokin'

lol, i had to read jagle's post three times before i could wrap my head around it..

ronvmpc

ronvmpc

Game time. Popping em tonight, driving them home for 8 hours, then starting up the ebb. My white rhino died cause I'm a stupid moron.:headbang But the others are looking good.

DSCN1037

Latest posts

Top Bottom