2nd grow ever, learning as I go

• Thread starter GuySmiley
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
GuySmiley

GuySmiley

My last grow was about 20 years ago with 2 plants under a 150W HPS outdoor light from Lowes lol. A couple months ago I was given 3 females of an unknown strain that were about 3 weeks into flower. They were neglected, left outside for a few 28F degree nights, had sagging branches....pretty sad lookin. I tried to flower them under my 1K hps. They revegged on me and all bud growth fluffed up and got sparse. The smooth, single lobed leaves were popping up at the bud sites. I called em a loss and got rid of them, but not before i took 12 cuttings and tried to root them. That was on 10-30.
1030202338.jpg

11 out of 12 cuttings took root. On 11-24 I kept the best 8 clones to continue revegging. I transferred them from their 12 oz cups into 3 gallon fabric smart pots. I started them on veg nutes. 4 days after the move to 3 gal. Pots:

1128201232.jpg

After plenty of pruning and fimming, this is the gang today on 12-8, 39 days after cuttings taken:

2nd grow ever learning as i go 3
2nd grow ever learning as i go 4

Some nice branch development on this one:
2nd grow ever learning as i go 5

Last edited:
Budd

Budd

Doing well there Guy still got those skillzz m8 😎
How long you gonna veg for?
Just back myself after ten years,
tagged & Good luck with the grow.

GuySmiley

GuySmiley

Doing well there Guy still got those skillzz m8 😎
How long you gonna veg for?
Just back myself after ten years,
tagged & Good luck with the grow.

Thanks.

I plan on switching them to 12/12 on New Years Eve. That'll give them about 6 weeks of vegging. These were all taken in the Monster Crop method so im hoping the larger # of cola buds will make up for the smaller overall plant size.

I will post more pics on Tuesday and try to take some every 7 days for a good progress report.

GuySmiley

GuySmiley

Lost power due to heavy wet snow. I probably have 6 hours of DC, LED ighting in reserve. Not as much as the AC , LEDlights but hopefully enough to keep them vegging until tomorrow.I've seen the power company truck go by twice now so they're on it. In the front window for the last sunlight:

Last edited:
GuySmiley

GuySmiley

So the power came and went three times in 36 hours. Seems like I'm in the clear now. I posted earlier about a 12-31-20, 12/12 light flip but now I'm gonna bump it up a bit. Planning on the flip for 12-23. I know ill sacrifice yield with the shorter veg. I'm concerned about adequate lighting when these ladies start getting big. Plus I wanna get the next generation started, and I need these girls 3 weeks into flower for that. Also have some Cream Caramel seeds I will drop when I take my 2nd generation cuttings. The last seven days I stopped fimming the new growth at the tops. I only trimmed leaves that were directly blocking light on new growth areas. Now the girls are starting to reach for the sky.

45 days after the cuttings were taken. I feel pretty good about how things are looking so far:
1215200950a

Last edited:
GuySmiley

GuySmiley

Today is graduation day for the girls. They're growing an inch in height a day & are getting crowded in the veg closet. Time to switch to 12/12 under the HPS!

Gonna take cuttings at 3 weeks of flower with this batch & start the process again. The 3 week wait will give me time to revamp my veg room. Gonna double the square footage and make the position of my LEDs more adjustable.

I have no idea how they will turn out. I'm hoping for 2 ozs from each plant. Guess only time will tell. In the meantime, I'm gonna hurry up and wait lol.

52 days after I took the cuttings from 3 flowering plants:
1221200933a

Last edited:
GuySmiley

GuySmiley

I tried using a white LED spotlight to take sone pics without the fuzziness of the HPS light. Didn't turn out so well. My plants are doing well, though. I found out that the cuttings I took were from Gorilla Glue plants, so that's the strain. Bid's are beginning to develop. I'm stoked!

Day 66 after cuttings, day 14 of flower:

GuySmiley

GuySmiley

Nice grow mate..you still got it..hows the aroma..

Thank you. There's not too much odor right now. -Or maybe I'm just nose-blind at this point. I figured once the trichomes start stacking up, they will start to fill up my house with "The good stink". ☺

GuySmiley

GuySmiley

Earlier in this thread, I took a guess at my finish weight at 1.5 pounds. Seeing what I've I've got at 36 days of flower has me rethinking that number. I'm thinking 2 pounds now 😀

0126210913a

Top Bottom