2nd grow first journal ilgm Gold leaf

• Thread starter Shields1898
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Shields1898

Shields1898

Second grow from seed gold leaf from ilgm I’m growing in royal gold king mix soil started with solo cup as my pot my lights for my seedlings I’m using a viraspectra 600w hoping for help and tips all along since I had to flip to flower with some problems on my first grow but I’m using fox farm line of nutes

Shields1898

Shields1898

Put in soil Sunday and today 3/4 sprouted temps 75 humidity 45 anyone has tips to increase humidity ?
I keep the top soil moist with a couple sprays per day

30roll

30roll

I have 2 Gold Leaf plants from ILGM in their 8th week. đź‘Ť
The leaves are skinnier and long like a Sativa even tho it's 60/40 Indica..

30roll

30roll

The tall plant in the back is a Gold Leaf. That Seed sprouted first and grew the fastest from day one. I guess these plants get tall, although the other (front left mostly out of frame) is a bit squaty but is super dense. It may have been stunted for whatever reason, but I digress.. I think I will start to tie the top shoot down to keep it in check. The others are Blue Dream also from ILGM..

'Haven't made my mind up if I'm going to SCROG them or just let them grow. The side branches on all are growing out and I'm thinking the Bud weight will spread them out more naturally, but we'll see.

This pic was taken Monday, and for giggles I measured 1 Fan Leaf on that GL Plant, and it's grown 1.5 inches already in a day and a half. Everything is starting to roll..

IMG 20210125 150159296

Shields1898

Shields1898

The tall plant in the back is a Gold Leaf. That Seed sprouted first and grew the fastest from day one. I guess these plants get tall, although the other (front left mostly out of frame) is a bit squaty but is super dense. It may have been stunted for whatever reason, but I digress.. I think I will start to tie the top shoot down to keep it in check. The others are Blue Dream also from ILGM..

'Haven't made my mind up if I'm going to SCROG them or just let them grow. The side branches on all are growing out and I'm thinking the Bud weight will spread them out more naturally, but we'll see.

This pic was taken Monday, and for giggles I measured 1 Fan Leaf on that GL Plant, and it's grown 1.5 inches already in a day and a half. Everything is starting to roll..

View attachment 1084608
Looking healthy bro but you don’t do any defoliation in veg?

Shields1898

Shields1898

Day 3 from sprout used a squirt bottle to keep top soil moist with ph 6.5 water temps 75 & humidity 25 thinking about putting a bowl of water in there any suggestions?

30roll

30roll

Look close at the 4 in the back. They were Fim'ed last week.. But other than that, ILGM says to leave the them alone. I took the 2 bottom Nodes off the other GL last night cuz it was just to crowded. But I'm in the leave them alone camp right now for the most part.

I waited WAY to long to get them in bigger pots. Look at this.. LOL The plant in the back is the tall GL in the other pic. They've been in the bigger pots for a week and a half. What a huge difference.

50843818567 ed84a877c2 o

Shields1898

Shields1898

Look close at the 4 in the back. They were Fim'ed last week.. But other than that, ILGM says to leave the them alone. I took the 2 bottom Nodes off the other GL last night cuz it was just to crowded. But I'm in the leave them alone camp right now for the most part.

I waited WAY to long to get them in bigger pots. Look at this.. LOL The plant in the back is the tall GL in the other pic. They've been in the bigger pots for a week and a half. What a huge difference.

View attachment 1084798
Holy roots lol were you feeding every other water to keep her happy?

30roll

30roll

I'm running Advanced Nutrients, so they recommend every watering like it's Hydro.. My Media is Sunshine Advanced Mix #4 as recommended by AN. In the beginning you start with a 1/4 dose and work up from there for the Micro, Grow and Bloom.

Before I transplanted, I think I was having absorption or saturation or PH issues from the plants being Rootbound. That last watering was full strength and the plants did not like it as told by the leaves, so I immediately flushed with water PH'ed to 6 and all was good. When they dried out, I put them in the 7gal Bags.

They plants tell you right away in a Hydro situation if there's a problem. When in doubt just flush it with PH'ed water.

30roll

30roll

Day 3 from sprout used a squirt bottle to keep top soil moist with ph 6.5 water temps 75 & humidity 25 thinking about putting a bowl of water in there any suggestions?

I used a Shot Glass to water mine. I started out in those little Jiffy Pots in my closet. I just watered as they dried out. Sometimes it was 1.5 days, latter it was every day. I didn't pay attention to humidity at all until I got them in real Pots and in a tent, and then I used a Humidifier. Now that the plants are bigger, you don't need the Humidifier at all as the plants are moving a lot of moisture. Then your problem is getting rid of it..

Shields1898

Shields1898

I used a Shot Glass to water mine. I started out in those little Jiffy Pots in my closet. I just watered as they dried out. Sometimes it was 1.5 days, latter it was every day. I didn't pay attention to humidity at all until I got them in real Pots and in a tent, and then I used a Humidifier. Now that the plants are bigger, you don't need the Humidifier at all as the plants are moving a lot of moisture. Then your problem is getting rid of it..
Thanks for tips

Shields1898

Shields1898

1 week from sprout cup still seems like it has water in it (comparing to cup with just soil in it) just been keeping the top soil moist with 2-3 squirts with ph 6.5 water 5 out of 5 popped but I’ll try the clear cup method next seems like a good idea

Latest posts

Top Bottom