2nd grow of 2023 various cultivars of wonderment

• Thread starter costanza
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
costanza

costanza

This will be my 2nd grow of 2023.
My first of 2023 is just about finished.
Here is a link if anyone cares to look at the pretty flowers I burnt on the last runšŸ¤£ https://www.thcfarmer.com/threads/1st-grow-of-2023-fingers-crossed.145883/page-4#post-2950203
Changed up my formula a bit and instead of using the mega crop 2 part I am back to Jacks but not using 321 gonna go with 4g hydro/2g Calnit
Here is the lineup for this run. It took me at least a week to come up with this combo and as much as I want to do a large pheno hunt with the 79 xmas bud seeds I bought last year, I have so many seeds to grow and I like a variety so without delay here is the lineup for part 2 of 2023.

In the 3x3 I will be germinating 3 seeds each of Exotic Genetix Hazelnut Cream, and Chocolate Marshmallow regular seeds with hopes of getting a female from each strain, my luck I get 6 females and have to kill 4 to fit in the tent. In the 4x4 I am gonna go with 4 Feminized strains, Exotic Genetix Gary Poppins, Blackout Bobby, and Lemon Drip, and Dragons Flame Mac Dragon Bx1. Planning on chopping plants next weekend so hopefully I will have some seedlings by May 1st.

costanza

costanza

Ok like always I change my mind after I write this shit down hahaha. Trying to mix things up a little bit, don't want people thinking I'm some kind of Exotic Genetix fanboy, I am an equal opportunity grower. Gonna save the Hazelnut Cream and the Chocolate Marshmallow seeds for a pheno hunt when I get a cloner in a few months. Gonna roll with these two, Sawa IBL, and Wolfman from Hyp3rids. The King Willie I'm currently growing is a really impressive plant and the terp profiles of the Sawa sounds really good I haven't had a sour strain in a long time and I haven't had a good haze in even longer. here is some info

costanza

costanza

All 10 have germinated and have been planted in their solo cups. Hopefully I will have some seedling pics by the end of the weekend.

costanza

costanza

So this grow just keeps on growing. I have the 4 feminized Lemon drip, Gary Poppins, Mac Dragon, and Blackout Bobby along with 3 reg Wolfman Haze and 3 reg Sawa IBL sitting in solo cups in pro mix in the 4x4. Last night I decided to germinate more seeds, It was bugging me that I pushed off the Hazelnut Cream and Chocolate Marshmallow strains so I germinated 2 choc marsh and 3 hazelnut last night and have them sitting in between wet paper towels right now. At this rate with the reg seeds, I think it may save time to just buy a pack of farmer freeman sex kits and sex these plants early so I can save on nutrients and not have to feed 15 plants for 6 weeks

costanza

costanza

and the winner is Wolfman #3. Just checked the cups and we have our first baby plant popping out of the dirt. Hopefully these last 5 seeds crack tomorrow so I can plant them and have all 15 sprouted by next week.
Decided once again I am going to change up my nutrient formula on this grow. I went with Jacks 321 on the grow last summer with great results then tried out mega crop 2 part on the last grow which I didn't like as much as the Jacks but I also made the mistake of following the bag instructions so I blame some of that on myself. On this one I am gonna be using Cropsalt nutrients and continue to use the Powersi regular and bloom, Tribus, Recharge, kelp, and molasses every 10 days.

costanza

costanza

first Wolfman that popped early fell over and died LOL. The other 2 Wolfman have sprouted, and the 3 Sawa have all sprouted also. Got stoned too early today and was moving the heater in the 4x4 and knocked over one of the freshly planted Chocolate Marshmallows so that's one less Choc Marsh which makes it 3 Hazelnut Cream and 1 Chocolate Marshmallow for a total of 9 regular seeds and 4 fems. For the Fems the Mac dragon and the Lemon tree have sprouted so far. Trying to keep it in the mid 70s temp and 75 RH and I have humidity domes over the seedlings now. Here are pics of the newest packs added.

20200101_123151-scaled.jpg

costanza

costanza

Gonna make it even more interesting on this grow. I'm gonna do a side by side between two nutrients. In the 3x3 I'm going to run the wolfman and the sawa strains. I'm going to run 1 of each strain using Jack's with added microbes every 10 days and 1 each with cropsalt brand nutrients. Will do the same in the 4x4 that way I can get a better idea of which nutrient is better and see how they look in same environment and lighting with the different nutrient formula.

costanza

costanza

So far almost all the seeds have popped just waiting on 2 choc marsh and 2 hazelnut for a total of 14 reg and 4 fem. Trying to figure out a good solution for runoff since in going from 4 plants in the 4x4 to 9 I wont be able to fit the 13inch saucers in there so I'm gonna probably have to spend the money on a low tide tray to catch runoff or its gonna be a nightmare

costanza

costanza

Ok so all seeds are sprouted. Ended up with the 4 fems plus 3 sawa ibl, 2 wolfman, 3 hazelnut cream and 3 chocolate marshmallow. A few choc marsh and hazel sprouts weren't looking that great so instead of wasting time I just yank them and cut my losses 15 is good enough for now. gonna get the 11 regs tested as soon as the 3rd sets of leaves grow out I'm sending in the leaf samples so I can narrow them down and only feed the fems and save on nutrients

20230508 102747
costanza

costanza

Top 2 trays are at day 14 bottom 2 day 10 gonna call it day 1 veg starting on Monday and plan for a June 7th to 14 flip.
20230513 175942

costanza

costanza

Results came back and I got 7 females out of 11 not bad at all, I wish I was that lucky when I gamble on sports. That brings the total to 11 plants. Of the 11 plants 3 of them are Sawa. 2 chocolate marshmallow, 1 wolfman and 1 hazelnut cream along with the 4 seeds that were feminized the Macdragon. Blackout Bobby, gary Poppins and lemon drip. All 11 transplanted into 1 gal

20230520 103016
Screenshot 20230519 135334 Gmail
costanza

costanza

Any updates on that Lemon Drip?
the lemon drip is the plant in the back row on the left corner. she is growing a little bushier than I expected, the wolfman is the one that if I threw in a 10 gal would probably fill this tent up by itself I was expecting the lemon drip to be the biggest lady

costanza

costanza

Day 14F getting ready to give these girls their first haircut. Clones have all fully rooted and have been transplanted. I took the best cut of the 2 to narrow it down to 10 in the 3x3 and gave my neighbor the lemon drip clone since I'm such a nice guy.
20230620 190833
20230620 083803

gristle

gristle

Good job on the canopy with all the varieties. Curious to see how these finish, most of them are on my list.

Top Bottom