2nd Grow! Star Killers! Questions inside

• Thread starter AsheyBear
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
AsheyBear

AsheyBear

So, wondering if I should go clones or seed. I’m not too familiar with clones, and I got a few from a buddy and am nursing them up currently! Any tips for these babies, and what are your thoughts? I have two Star Killer seeds from the same batch these clones came from. Here are some pics, and happy to start #2

Clone info. The last two are showing roots from the bottom. Big red pot clone was kinda showing bumps when I took it out after feeling how loose she was. Did another 45 and threw it back in. The turquoise one feels rooted but the pot is a little too big to see roots yet.

Clone downside is smaller yield, but, if I veg it longer will it equal out?

Also, do burnt tops prevent further growth? A few of these have burnt middles

2nd grow star killers questions inside
2nd grow star killers questions inside 2
2nd grow star killers questions inside 3
2nd grow star killers questions inside 4
AsheyBear

AsheyBear

Just got them a few days ago already in the pots and watered, so I’ve been drying them out for sure. Def were a little too wet. Media is Pete moss, perlite, sheep poo and worm castings!

They came yellow aside from the healthier green green one, been a few days and they seem to like the climate and have settled into the soil my buddy put them in.

My lights on 25% and is 2.5 feet ish off of them with 100ppfd. Humidity is 55-60% ish.

With dead ends, what happens and is there a way to salvage? If not, I’ll just give em back for him to experiment on and such and I’ll grow my seeds 😊

AsheyBear

AsheyBear

Ima just start my seeds! I don’t think these will produce what I’m looking for in yield, but I’ll keep them around until they are officially dead lol. Will update on seeds, going to rock humidity dome until they sprout and then be light and nice with my soil! Same mix of soil with the seeds! Fingers crossed growmies!

AsheyBear

AsheyBear

With the ends being essentially dead, will they auto top? Or grow a random number of shoots or something fun? 🤩

GNick55

GNick55

Staff
Supporter
With the ends being essentially dead, will they auto top? Or grow a random number of shoots or something fun? 🤩
you know looking at these i’d maybe be starting more,.
sure your friend knows what he’s doing?,.
all those fan leaves should of been cut in half,..

AsheyBear

AsheyBear

He was just testing stuff out for fun! He had his first big grow going and wanted to throw some clones at folks and be a nice guy

Imzzaudae

Imzzaudae

Your problem is the potting mix that you made is no good.
I can elaborate later if you like but for now if you have not tossed them.

Go get yourself a bag of Walmart potting mix. Nothing in it.
Prep new pots for transplanting.
While out shopping pick up a bottle of Miracle grow liquid 12-4-8

or Pro Mix 12-6-6 liquid

Mix 10ml of ether liquid fertilizer in one gallon water.
PH test around 6.5

Remove the plants from old pots and wash the root zone in warm water and dish soap,
rinse well. Transplant into new potting mix.
Water in with fertilizer you have mixed as directed. Soak the pot.
Give the plants the best light you can.

They should start greening up in a few days.
Water with this fertilizer mix once a week. The plants may die yet but it's a shot at saving them.

AsheyBear

AsheyBear

I opened the bottoms up on the two big ones, the hole weren’t punched out when I got them. I put the directed amount of Bloom nutrient in Phed water. The soil used doesn’t have nutrient in it aside from .3 of each, which I just gave my plant nutrient which outweighs those numbers anyway. Haven’t watered them in 3-4 days, just spraying a few times a day. Light it set at 100 ppfd. Basically my only options! They’ve greened up a lot though. Three of them were essentially banana yellow, now they got green and such.

I got my two seeds working currently on the off chance the clones don’t recover, I’ll have two seeds going. If the clones recover, I’ll figure out a way to keep them alive somehow and give them back to my buddy so he can keep them going in an extra tent he will have kicking around

AsheyBear

AsheyBear

So, clone update!! The one is thriving. Root system is awesome, and it’s growing vertically and producing new nodes and leaves! Going to repot it in a few days probably, and then wait a couple weeks and top it! The second one doesn’t seem to be recovering. It has a great root system, but doesn’t seem to be able to grow any new growths, or fix its dead foliage. Unlikely I’ll repot it, if I did, I don’t think it would grow properly. It might be auto topped kinda, and recover. Unlikely though, and don’t have the tent space or want to waste soil trying. Will give nutrient to the clones in a few days when the soil dries abit more.

My two seeds germinated! Both ladies are growing all cute like! Running 100 ppfd, 55-60 humidity. In a mix of Petemoss, sheep manure/compost and perlite. No nutrient yet, but will give them Advanced Nutrients once they get a few leaves and nodes!

Grabbing an inline fan this time around cause I can afford one now. Working on a tight budget, almost non existent one bahahaha, but it’s all piecing together

IMG 2301
IMG 2300
IMG 2302
IMG 2305
AsheyBear

AsheyBear

Transplanted the one nice looking clone today! Got its first nutrient feed, very lightly and outside the edge of the transplanted soil

Seedlings are growing, one looks nicer than the other already. The one seems like it’s has some stunted growth going on, so I’m not sure what’s going on. Just doesn’t seem to be advancing as quickly.

150ppfd, 55-60 humidity. Fingers crossed the seeds do well! Hoping for three plants in five gallon pots. Since they are short, I might allow strictly vertical growth for the seeds, after one top of course. Will top clone in a week if it looks like it’s doing well

IMG 2353
IMG 2352
IMG 2350
AsheyBear

AsheyBear

My two seeds are doing great to me! Not too tall one has nodes slightly close than the other, assuming it’s just genetics.

Transplanted the clones days ago and it had a nutrient feed, then tied it down after a few days and topped it! Going to see what happens. I figure, worst case Ontario, I’ll veg them all, then take the clone outside in the spring and just leave it somewhere to grow and look pretty hahaha. Or maybe just run the three and shorten the veg time and scrog so it all fits and then slam it!

Happy growing fellas

AsheyBear

AsheyBear

One of the seedlings first set of leaves is yellow. Like the very first two single petal leaves.

AsheyBear

AsheyBear

Hmmmm, I haven’t been watering them aside from in the corners of the pot every so often, and just a few ML. Def super humid, but I’ll keep the humidifier off and let them dry abit longer! I just water fed the day before too

GNick55

GNick55

Staff
Supporter
Hmmmm, I haven’t been watering them aside from in the corners of the pot every so often, and just a few ML. Def super humid, but I’ll keep the humidifier off and let them dry abit longer! I just water fed the day before too
you need air movement

Latest posts

Top Bottom