2nd grow still need help!!! re cap of last grow

• Thread starter pwg_captin420
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
pwg_captin420

pwg_captin420

whats up fellow farmers its been a while since i last was on. since then i have put 1 full indoor grow under my belt..!!! But i had a lot of problems, i had to cut 3weeks sooner then scheduled!!! due to a security breech!!! but befor i get ahead of my self I had issues b4 that such as no smell during veg and flower, i also had no ph tester. IM sure all these things played a factor in why my first harvest was pretty much wat we call the AIR PACK down south.. no smell no taste but you get high!! cazy shit but not my desired results.. so that was last year and this is this year..

now wit that being said.. if you dont know my setup its....
4x4x7 tent
400 wt. bulb
25 1 gl containers
fox farm nutes
im going to get a 1000 wt in a few weeks any ideas on wat bulb n ballest ??
from wat i here a quantum ballast and a lumtex bulb r my best rout. any opinion??
i have a few questions also

1. can you veg with a 400 wt n then flower wit a 1000 wt???
2. whats a good air cooled reflector to use???
3. im tryin to reach a descent yield this time. i got a lil over 4oz last time wit the 400 wt and all my problems. tryn to hit the 1lbs mark this time i wil be growin mazzar instead of several diff strains..
now my question is should i grow 25 smaller plants under the 1000 wt r should i grow fewer bigger plants to reach my goal?? i know it depends on the strains mostly. but from wat i understand mazzar isnt a bad yielder...OO out of the 25 plants i grow i ended up wit 10 females and they equaled 4 oz!!
any postive help and feed back is welcome

Theoneandonly Z

Theoneandonly Z

eh quantum isnt the best route, try lumatek, galaxy, or gavita.
-of course u can rock 400 in veg. thats what i do, no complaints here.
-as far as a hood, placing a xxxl magnum - sunlight supply - would probably give you the best spread to every corner of your 4x4 tent. they are big and might have trouble fitting fans and carbon filter. if u rock a bunch of little plants (Sea of Grean aka SOG) the magnum might be a good choice to give equal light to each top.
-If u want weight, u gotta dial in ur environment conditions. honestly u could get away with rocking 600Watt setup and get around a lb if doing it right.
-as far as the number of plants... i dunno, it depends on your level as a grower. S.O.G. might be ur best option if your looking for overall weight. just grow a bunch of tops. the Mazzar-I-Sherrif isnt a bad strain, rocked her years ago. worked best for me when vegged for 3-4 weeks, made a nice little bush, then flipped her. never tried S.O.G. on her.

Whatever you go with, much luck
Z

P

paulycali

You can grow a thousand in your setup or just one plant. The yield will be the same. Dial in your room by figure out plant size and space, count ect. With a 400 watt you can pull up to 400 grams. If using 1000 watt then 1000 grams. You want to be at 1 gram per watt. Trial and error

Theoneandonly Z

Theoneandonly Z

You can grow a thousand in your setup or just one plant. The yield will be the same. Dial in your room by figure out plant size and space, count ect. With a 400 watt you can pull up to 400 grams. If using 1000 watt then 1000 grams. You want to be at 1 gram per watt. Trial and error

So much better at paraphrasing than me ^^^ well put!

P

paulycali

Yes you can veg with a 400 and flower with a 1000. That's perfect

I like Sun Systems Blockbuster Reflectors

Ballasts:
Quantum
Galaxy
Lumatek
Phantom
Global Greenhouse
Nexgen
Solis Tek

For Bulbs:
Lumatek
Global Greenhouse
Plantmax
Hortilux
Sun Master
Digilux
Ushio
Lots of choices out there. Just make sure you get a good bulb. $60 or more and it should be a good bulb

Top Bottom