2nd grow - Trustfall’s Red Velvet

• Thread starter Rama777
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Rama777

Rama777

Day 1 of my second grow, very excited! Not much to report yet, except for the novelty of one of them having triple leaf genetics.

2nd grow   trustfalls red velvet

Captspaulding

Captspaulding

What’s the matter? Don’t like clowns? 🤡
Supporter
11 days. Still very much seedlings.

Rama777

Rama777

Come for the questions, stay for the answers folks!

Got one already :)

So I was looking back at pictures of what my current plants looked like at 11 days old and they look like what yours WILL look like in another week. I.e., my seedlings at 11 days were appreciably larger. I was using T5’s at the time.

Do T5’s speed things along quicker in the beginning or was I just growing super vigorous genetics? If so I will stick those over them for now. Or if you’re not sure, I’ll split these up between the LED’s and T5’s to run a comparison..

Captspaulding

Captspaulding

Supporter
Come for the questions, stay for the answers folks!

Got one already :)

So I was looking back at pictures of what my current plants looked like at 11 days old and they look like what yours WILL look like in another week. I.e., my seedlings at 11 days were appreciably larger. I was using T5’s at the time.

Do T5’s speed things along quicker in the beginning or was I just growing super vigorous genetics? If so I will stick those over them for now. Or if you’re not sure, I’ll split these up between the LED’s and T5’s to run a comparison..
Never ran a comparison test. Def interested to see what you find!

Captspaulding

Captspaulding

Supporter
Looks like we’re about to find out. I’m gonna just keep the lux value matched since I don’t have a par meter.View attachment 2090902
Download the Photone app homie. Free on droid. A few bucks on apple. Folks here swear by it, I’m old school, I roll a basic damp/ph/light meter probe. I have used Photone with that meter to check calibration. The app is good and so is a $10 probe. Easier to take readings around the lights footprint. No diffuser made of paper and stuff. Just hold it like a wand, make sure ppfd is spread evenly across canopy.

Rama777

Rama777

No no! I set up T5’s to compare seedling growth to LED’s but it jacked the heat up too much to keep a good temperature without sucking out all my rh from the humidifier.

I just scrapped the experiment, all’s well :)

Captspaulding

Captspaulding

Supporter
No no! I set up T5’s to compare seedling growth to LED’s but it jacked the heat up too much to keep a good temperature without sucking out all my rh from the humidifier.

I just scrapped the experiment, all’s well :)
That escalated quickly 🤣🤣😂

Rama777

Rama777

Is there anything special about LED distance besides light intensity and spread? I ask because there will be nights that I will want all the heat I can get. I may want to run the lights as close to 100% as possible to generate heat. I can just increase the distance to keep the proper intensity at canopy right? No other mystical properties about distance?

Captspaulding

Captspaulding

Supporter
Is there anything special about LED distance besides light intensity and spread? I ask because there will be nights that I will want all the heat I can get. I may want to run the lights as close to 100% as possible to generate heat. I can just increase the distance to keep the proper intensity at canopy right? No other mystical properties about distance?
Oh no you need to dial in your lights. For instance I hang my light about 30 inches above canopy at no more than 40% at veg.
Other wise you will start to pull all the mag out of the medium. Your light will still generate plenty of warmth regardless. Then once in flower drop the lights 10 inches or so and adjust up to 100% over the first 30-40 days of flower. This allows the plants to acclimate to the lights slowly. Then they will pack weight.
Otherwise you will run into light/heat stress if you don’t allow the plants to harden off before hitting them full blast. This is how stress builds in plants. Or one of the reasons anyways…..

Top Bottom