2nd Grow using all the info I got from THCF

• Thread starter Caninobis
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Caninobis

Caninobis

Howdy Folks,
First and foremost, HAPPY 4/20!

When I did my first grow I came to THCF to learn. Did pretty well with the information I received and now I’ve had a chance to apply what I’ve learned on a second grow to see if it was actually me that got the results I got or just beginners lucks and I’m almost confident enough to say that it definitely was not luck.

Here’s some pics of my second grow!
Pictures are from the right before flip until today. These plants had one crazy stretch!

A week or so before flower
2nd grow using all the info i got from thcf

A little closer to flip
2nd grow using all the info i got from thcf 2

Right after flip
2nd grow using all the info i got from thcf 3

Week 2 flower
2nd grow using all the info i got from thcf 4

Current...week 3 flower
2nd grow using all the info i got from thcf 5

Current...week 3 flower
2nd grow using all the info i got from thcf 6

Caninobis

Caninobis

Very nice!!!!!! Looks like her stretch caught ya a bit off guard lol
Bro, so off guard. Damn thing nearly tripled in size. The first 2 weeks of flower it just grew and grew and grew it was nuts. Had to to jerry rig my lights to raise them up higher cause they were maxed out like instantly.

Caninobis

Caninobis

Well done 👍
Thanks dude! Appreciate it, i got a good chunk of my info from you and a few other guys and it was a huge help. I'm growing better than some of my buddies that have been at it 2 or 3 years already.

Caninobis

Caninobis

@Aqua Man When do i start thinking about the flush? I've read last week of flower but my plants only drink maybe twice a week sometime 3 and i just don't see how 2 waterings of pure water is going to wash everything out of the medium.

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

Thanks dude! Appreciate it, i got a good chunk of my info from you and a few other guys and it was a huge help. I'm growing better than some of my buddies that have been at it 2 or 3 years already.
Sounds like ur a natural... It's a great feeling. I find growing more addictive than anything. I'm not sure if its a curse or a blessing... Maybe both but it's soul soothing to watch those babies grow 👍

Caninobis

Caninobis

Sounds like ur a natural... It's a great feeling. I find growing more addictive than anything. I'm not sure if its a curse or a blessing... Maybe both but it's soul soothing to watch those babies grow 👍
Same, my wife gets mad cause i work from home and i'll take all my breaks and my lunch out in the shed with my plants whether they need something or not. 😂 Its addicting and just straight up fun. I grow veggies and stuff too and nothing else is as interactive as cannabis is its unlike any other plant.

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

@Aqua Man When do i start thinking about the flush? I've read last week of flower but my plants only drink maybe twice a week sometime 3 and i just don't see how 2 waterings of pure water is going to wash everything out of the medium.
Well after stretch you can watch and slowly start backing the nutrients off after about week 4 of flower of an 8 week strain and you probably won't need a flush. It's going to be dependant on soil and runoff ppm. In hydro I drop down to about 300ppm by the last week in soil I think if you get it below 600ppm the last week your golden. Also stay away from pk boost at this point.

Keep in mind you want to slowly cut back nutes and read the plant after week 4 I would say I think it's a much better option to slowly cut back than to flush aggressively at the end. If ya feed the plants what they need and not excess then you won't really need a flush per se. I don't feel just water is needed if done right.

Caninobis

Caninobis

Well after stretch you can watch and slowly start backing the nutrients off after about week 4 of flower of an 8 week strain and you probably won't need a flush. It's going to be dependant on soil and runoff ppm. In hydro I drop down to about 300ppm by the last week in soil I think if you get it below 600ppm the last week your golden. Also stay away from pk boost at this point.

Keep in mind you want to slowly cut back nutes and read the plant after week 4 I would say I think it's a much better option to slowly cut back than to flush aggressively at the end. If ya feed the plants what they need and not excess then you won't really need a flush per se. I don't feel just water is needed if done right.
Interesting. Maybe i will start cutting back after this week then. I never feed above 950 PPM so i don't think my feeding is excessive and my plants should definitely be able to handle it. My last plant was a really long flower and i couldnt guage when it was time to start to flush so i ended up only feeding it pure water like once or twice before the chop and the flavor just isn't there at all but i can't tell if its just cause all the terps off gassed cause it took so long to ripen or if the lack of flush was the case. I'll definitely start dialing back the feedings and watching how my plants react. Thanks bro. I want them to start canniablizing for nutrients as i dial back right? So i shouldn't be worried about yellowing towards the end of flower?

revfunk

revfunk

Supporter
Bro, so off guard. Damn thing nearly tripled in size. The first 2 weeks of flower it just grew and grew and grew it was nuts. Had to to jerry rig my lights to raise them up higher cause they were maxed out like instantly.

Been there bro!!!! At least it's a better option to them shrinking, eh??? LMAO

pulls up a chair....

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

Interesting. Maybe i will start cutting back after this week then. I never feed above 950 PPM so i don't think my feeding is excessive and my plants should definitely be able to handle it. My last plant was a really long flower and i couldnt guage when it was time to start to flush so i ended up only feeding it pure water like once or twice before the chop and the flavor just isn't there at all but i can't tell if its just cause all the terps off gassed cause it took so long to ripen or if the lack of flush was the case. I'll definitely start dialing back the feedings and watching how my plants react. Thanks bro. I want them to start canniablizing for nutrients as i dial back right? So i shouldn't be worried about yellowing towards the end of flower?
I don't think there is a benefit to yellowing personally.. I don't feel it hurts if it's very late but you can grow a nice healthy plant start to finish... If you don't overfeed then that's all that's needed. The issue comes when you have to much nutrients stored in the plant... Or toxicity per se. The real goal like I say is feed them just to keep them healthy. They need less nitrogen after stretch so don't drop feed drastically but just a little each time reading the plant between watering. You would be surprised at how much they actually need compared to how much many ppl feed. There are so many variables to this like temps and humidity. That why some can feed as low as 600ppm and other need 1500ppm. Alot is based on transpiration rates, lighting, temps etc.

Caninobis

Caninobis

Been there bro!!!! At least it's a better option to them shrinking, eh??? LMAO

pulls up a chair....
Definitely better than shrinking. I was getting worried that i might have to do a super late super crop there for a second and just start knocking branches over lmao.

Latest posts

Top Bottom