2nd Indoor Grow -Cabinet with CfLs 3 NL/Skunk#1

• Thread starter bckushinator
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
B

bckushinator

starting my 2nd grow indoors.. made a nice home made cabinet decided to use Cfl bulbs again my last grow i used them and had great success with purple kush ..so yaa i have germinated 12seeds and had only 4 hatch later figuing out my problem was with the high ph in the tap water .just a lesson to all growers out there take the proper steps and procedures to germinate seeds . i have always had success with germinating seeds so i have never checked ph before but u should always make sure eveyrthing is right cause if you frig up the germinating process well looks like your tryin er again. ....anayway after all that i got 3 nice femenized NL/Skunk1 mothers going at the moment .had a lil problem with some heating issues and some leaves began to curl upwards at the edges . ive got Ph finally under controll at the moment which was neglected from the start and i am now fighting to save these babies (not too bad tho) .ive had my last grow go so smoothly under the half assed of grow op i had before. and so ive skipped steps and never did things i shoulda well now here begins the grow .second chance. though some of you experienced growers out there could lend a hand and also comment thankss..more updates soon

PIC 0028
PIC 0029
PIC 0030
PIC 0032
PIC 0034
PIC 0037
PIC 0038
PIC 0039
PIC 0040
B

bckushinator

improvementss

so i decided to stop friggin around and do things as right as possible. i boarded up the box instead of just blanket laying over it..i built a fan and put it up by the lights , cause even tho im using CFLs i do find they still get hot an send off good amounts of heat especially in small spaces, thats why i think my plants were curlin , it seems to have stopped now i transplanted 2 of them , and buried up till alittle below the seed leaves for more supportive plant..also changed the cfls to horizontal instead of vertical to get more light coverage also added ghetto reflectors which almost sliced me to death. so wit both fans runnin now and a perfect temp of around 25c light on an 20c off . now that i put up the cardboard the humidity has risen to a perfect 60 /70 range with the odd misting . so im thinkin the plants will enjoy this a little ....just a question for experienced growers out there is it good to spray down plant foliage with fertilized water or is it better to use just water???

OctoberDee

OctoberDee

You can spray with fert water, it's called foliar feeding, nice box. You should try mylar or something extremely reflective like that and cover the inside of your box with it.

B

bckushinator

just a question out there , my plants have finally recovered from the shock i put em threw and are now growing good again . i was wondering is it a good idea to cut off dead, dying , or nute burned up leaves?..,will this help vertical growth, or just stunt the plant further more???

OctoberDee

OctoberDee

I would let the leaves get pretty close to falling off before you pluck them. I use a stress test, if i push down on the leaf and it snaps off then it was good to go but if it stays on then leave it alone, pun intended. The plant still needs some of those leaves but like I said the leaf will let you know when it shouldn't be there. If the leaves are real damaged then I would pluck them off before they get to that point (more than 60% burned, cut, or whatevs). Looking at what you have now I don't see any damaged leaves but maybe a new pic would help. Also, do you really want them to get tall? You might wanna try out an LST method so they grow a little more horizontal, no?

B

bckushinator

thanks for the tips.. ya i think ill leave the leaves for now there still standin strong lil ugly but good... am having a problem i think with maybe magnesium defiency the leaves are startin to curl upwards on one plant , gonna try track down sum epsom salt..... as far as the LST im thinkin maybe scrog i just topped one of them a few days ago and im thinkin i might save that one as my mother for countless clones in the future.. im thinkin with the other 2 i have an 3 more clones ill train em all threw a scrog .. ive been wantin to try it now for a while....here sum pics updates

PIC 0058
PIC 0059
PIC 0060
PIC 0061
PIC 0062
PIC 0063
PIC 0065
PIC 0066
B

bckushinator

lst and topped

so i decided to LST one of my plants , i recently topped it like 5 days ago and the branches are starting to grow out..seems to be working great the plant has bent up to the light since and is starting its horizontal growth..i also FIMed another one of my plants on 4th node in hopes to get a nice bushh..as for my other she is growing so great and lookin so good that i think i will leave her un topped and just get a nice single cola.....allrighty all is good ill probly update in a couple weeks times once they get ready for 12/12..peace

PIC 0068
PIC 0069
PIC 0070
PIC 0071
PIC 0072
lazarus718

lazarus718

Hey what's up man?!?! Looks like a dorm grow! So in regards to your question about whether to foliar feed or not, the answer can be complicated. The plant has to need the extra nutrients and your brewing process has to be good for the teas. And they stink. There are tons of threads at the farm on the brew recipes. However, in your situation I might just feed with your waterings since you have limited security and not much room for messes.

About your soil....what are you using? In the pics it looks like it's pretty clumpy and clay like? Might end up choking those plants dude. In that small of an environment you want your soil to drain pretty quick especially if you're adding nutes. Some info would be great!

That's an interesting LST you got going! Kind of bonsai-like! It'll be interesting to see how those bends turn out, looks like if you can keep manipulating them enough you might get them to fit through flower.

B

bckushinator

thanks

yaa i am using a pre mixed soil with peat moss, vermiculite and perlite allready added i also added a lil extra vermiculite at the bottoms of the pots for more airation in the roots..the method i used for Lst , i am tryin to start a bonzai tree ive never done one yet but ive been readin lots on the subject an seems pretty do-able ..any suggestions to help would be great ??....also if the plants are looking good and having no problems will the soil still eventually affect them in the end if all is good now???

B

bckushinator

Updatess..

heyy again ya so i Lst'd another one of the ladies and both are now starting there horizontal grow both branching out nicely the other i fimmed and is also starting to branch out nicely..some of the leaves are still affected by PH i took a pic of 2 different leaves , just wondering if anyone could help tell me if this is Ph problem or not......also a miracle happened the other day all my seeds that did not germinate on me i threw into a cup of shitty water fer weeks then i threw em sum soil and poured water randomly on it even phenol red from ph test righjt into the soil well 4 seedling popped out of the soil .wow i was amazed so now my grow is up to 7 ..enjoyy

PIC 0078
PIC 0079
PIC 0080
PIC 0082
PIC 0084
PIC 0085
PIC 0086
B

bckushinator

updateee after long timee

ok so since last time here is an update finally.. most of the seedlings that magically popped didnt grow much and were basically mutants so i tossed em.. so left i am with 3 plants to find out 8 days into flowering that one was a male a friggin male.. i ordered feminzed seeds from bcbuddepot..o well whatever now i got 2 nice females about 20 sum days into flowering and i took the male out and put into another grow room, because i am goin to try and seed a few branches for further grows..anywas heres the pics and also the carbon filter i made out of a fan sum cardboard sum filters and carbon..enjoy

PIC 0116
PIC 0117
PIC 0119
PIC 0120
PIC 0121
PIC 0122
PIC 0126
Tyleraxis

Tyleraxis

Nice man.. You should try and find a 400W HPS light. That will grow you some really dense buds. what nutes are you using? for your PH issue, ever try using Distilled water?? Its on $0.87. wait till the top inch of soil is dry and flush them with distilled water. Keep using it as well when feeding. Looks good tho.

Top Bottom