2nd Question Is About Hermaphrodites

• Thread starter treeratt59
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
treeratt59

treeratt59

Somewhere in the recesses of my mind I seem to remember something about a hermaphrodite which self pollinates will create female seeds only. Is this correct??? I have remembered things wrong before, just curious. I have some Mephisto Genetics auto's and a couple of them had a few tiny male pods at the branch collar. Two plants had 4 each little pods. I saved the tiny pods. The plants have turned to be female and are already staring their respective flower stage while my others are still heavily in the veg stage. Trying new things is fun. Thanks in advance

DemonTrich

DemonTrich

Good luck, a hermie plant will produce exactly that, more hermie plants. I had a plant hermie on me a douch a gorilla glue 4. I didn't catch it in time, and while trimming, found about 30 viable seeds. I popped 2 at a time until all went into flower. Took a HE'LL of a long time. Every f n one of them hermied by week 2.5 after flip. Save yourself alot of time, and money, toss them. No good.

Wee Zard

Wee Zard

Quite right!
However, if you force a plant to pop stamens and apply that pollen to a healthy female, the resulting seeds will be feminized and much less likely to go "hermie" .

Aloha,
Weeze

treeratt59

treeratt59

Quite right!
However, if you force a plant to pop stamens and apply that pollen to a healthy female, the resulting seeds will be feminized and much less likely to go "hermie" .

Aloha,
Weeze
Thanks Weezard, so I'm wondering if these (auto's) that hermied on me will still be (auto's) after I selectively self pollinate themselves. I got a Mephisto Genetics Elite Auto mix from Amsterdam marijuana seeds as a bonus and a couple of them have nice growth traits. and everyone of them popped. As far as finished product we'll just have to wait and see. They appear to be a sativa/indica cross but I guess moat everything is now a days. I'm old school and really like the Hawaiian, Thai, Skunk types from the 70's and 80's. I want to go out and do stuff, not lay around in a coma thinking on it. We are outside in a hot house and they are digging it. Two breeds I have are known to be quite difficult to grow but seem to really like the long Alaskan days. Thanks again

Keekee

Keekee

Yes you are right somewhat.making fem seeds is done like this.
Get a female plant flower it when its got flowers on it in the middle of the dark period turn the light on for 1 hour within a week it will hermie use that pollen on a different female plant and you will get fem seeds use the pollen from the plant which produced it and get a shit load of hermies :)

Latest posts

Top Bottom