2nd time growing need help

• Thread starter Farmerbob93
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Farmerbob93

Farmerbob93

Can you do a soil slurry test? I feel like that'll rule out PH or its a PH issue.
I forgot the recipe, quick google it. Pretty sure its 1 part soil (go under the surface) and 2 parts water? Mix very well.... let sit for 15 minutes and then take the PH of the slurry

edit: you need distilled water, I forgot
I was actually going to try that today, they are looking better in my opinion so hopefully that was it. I will test it and send pics in later

Farmerbob93

Farmerbob93

I did the slurry test I don’t think that’s to bad? The plants seem a litttttle better. I had tied the other one down due to height. I didn’t want to top again until I get it all figured out. The other ones bottom is better but the tops are sluggish. Maybe a tad less water next time?

732FEEB8 A9BB 4640 9C70 9614310B7D39
805CEB68 C381 4BD5 A247 03582DC3DCDA
9099751D 37FA 4BA0 B534 B35B76768C01
Bullybeans420

Bullybeans420

I don't know the particulars about Ocean Forest soils, so can't really say much about fertilizers here. The plants generally look healthy to me. I'm going to guess they are like my 2nd crop last year, which I grew in fabric pots in a homemade soil mix.

My plants seemed a lot like yours - healthy, but slow. In retrospect I think the slow growth was due to two factors: watering/fertilizing and starting too soon in large pots.

The starting too soon part was due to me sprouting the seeds in Jiffy pots and immediately putting the Jiffy pots into a (wet) 5 gallon fabric pot. I should have done a solo cup stage, but I was worried about overwatering. I was worried about over-everything since that was the main lesson from my first grow. Overwatered, over fertilized, over lighted, over-pH'd, whatever.

I had taken my 5 gallon pots outside and soaked them with a hose a day before I put the Jiffy pots in them. Big mistake. Afraid to overwater, it took 4 weeks for those pots to dry down to the point they were just moist again. At the same time the roots were developing, but slowly since they a) hit layers of water, and b) needed to fill up a huge pot.

I think - in general - that a lot of root growth could be taking place and that your plants will take off just fine and are already starting to do so. You might turn up lighting intensity a bit and fertilize a bit more too.

My plants started off very slowly for the first month. (Also, I didn't fertilize them - fear of overdoing.) I started them May 1, flipped to flower Aug 12 and harvested Oct 10. In a 4x4 with 5 plants, I ended up with 18 ounces of dried buds. It just took a while. That's an advantage of photo periods over autos - you can recover from problems by giving them more time.
1st off your to acidic put your PO h up to 6.8 that's the sweet spot ..get you some mycorrhiza so you can get off the ground roots will blow out great wht is my brand..and if you ain't familiar with mixing a medium then just buy a living soil mix and let that do the hard work for you until you get to flowering then just top dress with flowering blend and worm castings and boom your a expert grower 😁👍

Farmerbob93

Farmerbob93

1st off your to acidic put your PO h up to 6.8 that's the sweet spot ..get you some mycorrhiza so you can get off the ground roots will blow out great wht is my brand..and if you ain't familiar with mixing a medium then just buy a living soil mix and let that do the hard work for you until you get to flowering then just top dress with flowering blend and worm castings and boom your a expert grower 😁👍
Before I transplanted I did lay down some mycorrhiza I used big foot, but yeah I’m gonna try something different next time for sure. Appreciate it

kyLman

kyLman

Usually soil buffers itself unless it’s totally out of whack. I wouldn’t worry about a .4 difference, not to argue with the other grower. Let them heal, water when really dry and then big slow drinks. It’ll be gucci

Farmerbob93

Farmerbob93

Usually soil buffers itself unless it’s totally out of whack. I wouldn’t worry about a .4 difference, not to argue with the other grower. Let them heal, water when really dry and then big slow drinks. It’ll be gucci
Yeah I’m trying I just don’t understand why just the top is droopy

Farmerbob93

Farmerbob93

Roots are healing
I tested runoff last watering and it was reading over 2000…. Ocean forest is hot so should I stop adding light nutes and get that down?? I was only feeding 600 ppm

kyLman

kyLman

I tested runoff last watering and it was reading over 2000…. Ocean forest is hot so should I stop adding light nutes and get that down?? I was only feeding 600 ppm
Yes, let’s just keep dialing in the water only until it’s time again to feed. I’d say atleast 1 week wage only

Farmerbob93

Farmerbob93

I noticed dry pockets after a decent watering so I took my plant off the roller and set it right into the tray, I filled the tray up with ph’d water and it sucked it all up within an hour. It’s definitely looking better then before. Going to slow down on my watering from now on

B7EB2269 E6CD 4EE5 A843 51BD5317EED5
steamroller

steamroller

Looking good !

I use these in my pots to help distribute water evenly .
They just sit on top of the soil .

They are a couple bucks each [3.25 at my hydro store] .
I add water with a solo cup .
I do each plant 1 cup and then start over until they are good .
Takes a little longer then just dumping half a gallon or whatever but helps IMO .

Farmerbob93

Farmerbob93

We’ll I thought I had it figured out. Ones light green and the other is dark green with wilting tops. Same strain same watering. Very frustrating. I bought a hand sprayer to water. Gave them both about a gallon of water each 2 days ago,over a 45 minute span. I watered till run off. Not sure what is going on.

F2027A4E 969C 4FB1 9ECB 46480A7C186C
8368CFCD 3BA5 4449 8FCE 6B6652E43D23
0A0C36F2 C11F 4473 A6C5 6E819CA47AD7
ADFB1D04 4419 4AF5 94AD F3FFFB7140D6
kyLman

kyLman

looks like light stress and perhaps little overwatering. What's the light settings at? Strength + distance

I dont water till runoff anymore, I tend to find myself overwatering more often when I do that. I'd rather give a little bit (1/2 gal to a 3gal fabric pot) every 2nd/3rd day.

Top Bottom