2nd time growing need help

• Thread starter Farmerbob93
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Farmerbob93

Farmerbob93

looks like light stress and perhaps little overwatering. What's the light settings at? Strength + distance

I dont water till runoff anymore, I tend to find myself overwatering more often when I do that. I'd rather give a little bit (1/2 gal to a 3gal fabric pot) every 2nd/3rd day.
The light is around 24” at full strength, they are in 5 gallon pots now, it’s just strange it’s only the one doing it. The other doesn’t look great but it’s better then the one

Farmerbob93

Farmerbob93

looks like light stress and perhaps little overwatering. What's the light settings at? Strength + distance

I dont water till runoff anymore, I tend to find myself overwatering more often when I do that. I'd rather give a little bit (1/2 gal to a 3gal fabric pot) every 2nd/3rd day.
The last time I watered to run off I literally slowly watered for 45 mins, and I still had a few dry spots in the soil when I moved the top 3 inches down on the side. I’m not sure if I’m over watering or certain spots are not getting enough

Farmerbob93

Farmerbob93

if the soil is that dry, just give a little water then let sit for 10 minutes then give a little more water and so on. bone dry soil will not absorb very well so do it slowly
I did over a 45 mins span 3 days ago, and usaully on the 4th day it will start wilting more

D

dean1963

I did over a 45 mins span 3 days ago, and usaully on the 4th day it will start wilting more
like i said i'm a rookie at pot, but 1/2 gallon of water every few days seems like allot to me for that size of plant. have yuo done a ppm check on the runoff? maybe you flushed everything out. like i said i'm a rookie and just spouting off the top of my head

Mostlymooses

Mostlymooses

Two plants, even two plants of the same genetics, even two plants in the same size pot and with the same media, even two plants that are clones of the same mother, can take differing amounts of water for various reasons. Damage to your root system from previous over/underwatering can leave a plant with less developed roots and make it unable to handle the same amount of water as its fellow.

Considering the size of your plants, it is possible you have been chronically overwatering since you transplanted into those pots. I would really, really try to let it dry out next time, and then water again. With your plants going strong 1 gallon of water for 5 gallon pots isn't excessive, I use 1 gallon of water for 3 gallon pots in flower, but those are established plants that have been in their pots for a few weeks to a month. It could be excessive, however, if your plants' roots haven't grown to fill out your pots.

Farmerbob93

Farmerbob93

Two plants, even two plants of the same genetics, even two plants in the same size pot and with the same media, even two plants that are clones of the same mother, can take differing amounts of water for various reasons. Damage to your root system from previous over/underwatering can leave a plant with less developed roots and make it unable to handle the same amount of water as its fellow.

Considering the size of your plants, it is possible you have been chronically overwatering since you transplanted into those pots. I would really, really try to let it dry out next time, and then water again. With your plants going strong 1 gallon of water for 5 gallon pots isn't excessive, I use 1 gallon of water for 3 gallon pots in flower, but those are established plants that have been in their pots for a few weeks to a month. It could be excessive, however, if your plants' roots haven't grown to fill out your pots.
Thanks for the help, will definitely let them dry out and use less water

Farmerbob93

Farmerbob93

like i said i'm a rookie at pot, but 1/2 gallon of water every few days seems like allot to me for that size of plant. have yuo done a ppm check on the runoff? maybe you flushed everything out. like i said i'm a rookie and just spouting off the top of my head
Yeah I’ve checked just about everything I can check thanks for the help I appreciate it

J

Jaydee86

Right, I've read through this whole post and although everyone here just wants to help, they're mostly guessing!
You really want to know what's going on?
You really wanna know how to fix this?
Get yourself a hps light asap.
The temperature under the led light is way too low.
Temps need to be around 29°c.
You're having transpiration issues.
I'll post a link for you and everyone to read.
Plesse make sure you read through this twice and try to understand it all.
Thank me later 👍

Farmerbob93

Farmerbob93

Roots won't grow into dry soil, so unless you want wasted space, yes. Fabric pots take some getting used to, I personally prefer old school nursery pots.
Yeah I’ve had issues with my first grow but nothing like this, this ones a real bummer

Farmerbob93

Farmerbob93

I let them dry out pots were super light, I gave less water this time yesterday, about 3/4 of a gallon each. the droopy one did look better this morning but a few hours later back down they went. Super stressful

20BC8763 1771 47DF B3D5 3418130015E0
5B5D5CE4 8DFB 496E ADE1 E266053E4016
61A4017D 933D 4D7F 8C9A E9B7123C9367
620F3F1D BD3B 497B 9726 2B07D36E0B67
1855F612 99C7 4D26 AA55 2A31EBE0F926
strider26554

strider26554

Any one else have any input? Much appreciated
Blastfact pretty much said what I would have, the led white light seems to produce some crinkling in the new growth, as i use mainly CMH lighting and keep the plants small with larger root systems also till stretch i do encounter the wrinkling with led setups i currently have going ( im doing a lil more this year than usual)..

Farmerbob93

Farmerbob93

Well on week 5 of flower things seem decent. The one that was giving me problems in the beginning seems to be my better one. Strange tho had no white hairs when flowering but is super dense. The other one is starting to get brown spots on leaves and lighter color. Mag deficiency? I’m feeding lotus bloom and lotus boost 1200 ppm total around 6.4 ph. Maybe my soil is too acidic at the roots?

5C51C3F7 B46C 4779 A0EA 0DFF52B42BDA
D601DE0A 9DA3 48FF B606 DF2EB403193B
F78CD121 F9FF 45BF 84F5 ED8655385AC5
4230378B 2067 410D 96FF 35C95D5F7065
70F62FF8 FBC8 4F90 B22B BF286542EF05
Observationist

Observationist

Root zone
Ph imbalance
It wants more

Could try a flush with 1/4 nutes
Add Epsom salts