2nd UC RUN OPINION

• Thread starter lovintits
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
L

lovintits

Hello everyone. I just completed my first uc run. My run consisted of 8xl 8 site, 3 600 watt hps hung horizontal, co2, and ionic neuts. I pulled #2.97. *So that is just about .75g per watt. I don't feel very good about that run. So my question is how can I get more?
*I was thinking add 3 more 600 watt hps over head. Would that give me the 1.5 g per watt I want or should I go completely different and go with 6 verties instead? *Unfortunately I have to stick with 600watt lights because I am very sick and can not afford to go with 1000s.*I would greatly appreciate your opinions of weather I can get more with the extra lights overhead or go with the verties. Thanks alot
LT

G

GeneticFreak

I would say that's a good first run. The more light MAY equal more gpw but it could stay the same. Were there other factors that could have improved or any mistakes that were maybe made as a result of the outcome? Was the quality where you wanted it to be? Or are we just talking about you wanting more weight?
If you just want more weight add more lights. But that doesn't gaurantee more gpw it just means more grams.
Congrats on you first run!

L

lovintits

I would say that's a good first run. The more light MAY equal more gpw but it could stay the same. Were there other factors that could have improved or any mistakes that were maybe made as a result of the outcome? Was the quality where you wanted it to be? Or are we just talking about you wanting more weight?
If you just want more weight add more lights. But that doesn't gaurantee more gpw it just means more grams.
Congrats on you first run!

Thanks alot for replying I appreciate it. I have been growing In dirt for 4 years now so I feel I can read the plants moderately well and from what I could see the plants didn't show any signs of neut deficiency. However I know I made a mistake from weeks 3-6, my co2 ppms were only at 600, and I could have let the strain go a little longer. It's a 10 weeks strain and I picked it at week 9, the tricoms were about 80% cloudy. From what I read on here the plants like to stay longer in the uc than other systems. If I just wanted more yield would you say I would be better off adding horizontal lights above or add verties? I would think verties, no? Thanks again

G

GeneticFreak

I haven't used vertical lighting but i do believe adding more lights will do the trick and I would go all vertical if you have the cooling capacity. BUT what i think matters not. Best bet is to call CC or ask UCHQ on here.

woodsmaneh

woodsmaneh

Add more light and you will get better results, also keep it simple.

G

GeneticFreak

The original question was in regards to gpw. Adding more light does not mean your going to get more gpw. Add more light and you might get better results.
Now add more co2 or better nutrient scheme... and now you may increase your gpw! I did a side by side with same eveything and only added silica blast and hit about a third more in total weight using ebb n flood. Silica may be the answer. You will have to give different things a try and see what works.

L

lovintits

The original question was in regards to gpw. Adding more light does not mean your going to get more gpw. Add more light and you might get better results.
Now add more co2 or better nutrient scheme... and now you may increase your gpw! I did a side by side with same eveything and only added silica blast and hit about a third more in total weight using ebb n flood. Silica may be the answer. You will have to give different things a try and see what works.

Thanks I have used silica in the past, just not in my uc run. How much are u adding?

HydroRocks

HydroRocks

We use anywhere from 1ml to 5ml per gallon in the UC depending on when and what stage the plants are in. Dropping off the silica towards the end of flowering.

We noticed a considerable gain(10 to 30%) when adding Silica to the nutrient profile.

Cheers!

opt1c

opt1c

u yielded fine for 1.8k in a space u'd normally put 2k.... toss air cooled 1ks on top and throw those 600s around your sides vert style and you'll make up that difference... and pump the co2 to 900... in these systems plants grow fast enough to use the extra co2 for sure

L

lovintits

Thanks alot I'm going to. Be adding the silica and putting 6 600's along the sides vert style and 2 600's above the plants. Hopefully this will help with the yielding and I'm gonna keep my fingers crossed that my 24k btu split system can keep up.

H

hogan400

opt1c speaks the truth on getting more gpw. Vert, and try some super cropping, scrog, & defoliation if you havent. Talk to cc about a nute plan and silica. Also sometimes a bulb swap will make "THE" difference if theyre old...

good luck and throw down a thread!

Top Bottom