2nd week of flowering, need help

• Thread starter GorillaCloset
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
G

GorillaCloset

I'm in my 2nd week of flowering & I'm running out of room. This is my first growing experience. What do you think I should do?

When do you do the lollipop technique? Should I do it now? The bottom of the plants are really dense with leaves, but the tops of some of the lower branches are lanky, I think due to T5 during veg. I'm running a 400w HPS now.

Please let me know what you think, any input would be greatly appreciated!

cheers

M

MASSES 420KING

just spread your plants out a lil farther also how many plants what size grow space [all dimensions] and the size of your plants will be more helpful if your running out of room height wise dont lollipop lollipoping triggers upward growth and concentrates the growth of buds on whats left

F

farmerjohn

Small Plants put on the South or East side of a building, can be rigged to cover @ 7pm & uncover @ 7am.:sun2: If it is safe & secure, it gives you all the room you need. Tying the dog up close by is a good way to get alerts if anyone strays too close. I use heavy gauge black plastic, fix a board to the structure above the plants & drape the plastic to the ground. Leave enuff sheeting on each end to fully cover the plants & seal against the structure. Use stones or the like to hold the sheeting in place, making sure there are no light leaks. Looks like ur working on the building when covered. Voila, instant 12/12 room!

K

KING_KONG_KOLAS

I would thin out.. maybe kick a few plants outside or get rid of all together..
Check out my last page on this post.. I too am in week 2 of flower. and today I lollipoped and thinned the bottoms check it out..

C

CanadianClassic

What strain are they? Sativa's or Indica? If they are Sativas and getting to tall use "DR.NO" or "BushMaster" those products will stop the plant from getting and taller at all and will tighten up your nugs just be careful not to use to much and burn them..and if its just Indicas that r too bushy cut them back,It's ok to trim during flowering but i wouldnt recommend chopping of tons of branches mid flower to lollipop,When i Lollipop i do it about a week to 10 days b4 i switch to flowering so the plant has time to get over the stress i caused and get right into flowering..hope this helps if it does gimme reputation..(haha).

Good luck with the ladies!!!

G

GorillaCloset

Thanks for the good info guys! I think I might just put a couple plants outside for now. I already have two out there because I got too many clones in the first place

My first post was supposed to have pictures, but I spaced out and forgot to attach em. Here are the pics of the ladies though :D

6 28 10 006
6 28 10 001
6 28 10 003
G

GorillaCloset

Also, I'm growing Love Cheese, White Widow, and Hogs Breath !!

Thanks guys!@

G

GorillaCloset

Forgot to mention Blue Cross, Bubba Kush, Casey Jones

I'm sticking to two strains next time. heh

G

GorillaCloset

How do the plants look? Do you think they are too crowded? I'm on the 14th day of flowering

The 10 plants are in a closet that measures 52"L x 30"W, standard ceiling height .

6 30 10 002
6 30 10 003
F

farmerjohn

I didn't catch what size container they are in, Gorilla. Honestly, from the photos, it appears you are making a lot of popcorn with the tips that aren't getting the light penetration, to where they are. Ya don't want your friends callin' ya "Larfy Larry! lol In a space that limited, more than a few plants would probably work best in a carefully controlled SOG or a ScrOG.

Back in the day, I had a closet of similar dimensions. It was 2 sided though, so I had a veg & a flower side of approzimately those dimensions. Any-hoo, I kept 2 large plants in the bloom side, in 5 gallon buckets, under a 400W. That was all I could hold @ maturity. One was Northern Lights & it behaved. The other was a sativa that went everywhere! Still, it would have been pressing it to try & bud out 3 NL seed plants, in that tight a space. That particular NL mother was an X-mas tree about 4' tall & 3' around @ its biggest point. The top bud weighed 63g, when it was cut & 28.5g, dried. A perfect oz.!

G

GorillaCloset

Thanks for your reply, farmerjohn!

The plants are in 3 gallon containers. So do you think I should just remove like 2 or 3 plants?

If I put a few plants outside, what will happen to them this time of year?

F

farmerjohn

I would thin the closet to a point where the light hits the most bud sites possible. I would super crop whatever is left in the closet to encourage lower limbs to raise to the overhead light level. I would add (2) 48" shop lights to illuminate lower limbs.

Most strains put outside around Summer Solstice will revert to vegetative growth. Except auto bloomers & perhaps very early strains that might perceive days shortening. But I wouldn't bet on that since it's July 1st. Just put outside, they would probably have enuff time to re-veg & flower in their normal cycle.

I would rig a cover for the plants on the South or East side of a structure & set up a 7am uncover, 7pm cover, routine. If you do, use heavy gauge black plastic & rig in such a manner that you can completely seal out light.

I do think it is important to maximize what the closet can legitimately produce. The critical factors are area & lighting. Imagine the plants fully grown & put that many in the space. Put extra lighting in. Every watt helps. Slap some mylar on the walls to prevent any light loss. You know the rest. Temp, RH, etc., etc., ya-da ya-da, on & on. You're Mother Nature in that closet, so only you can provide the perfect environment for healthy growth & maximum output. That is the one thing we all have in common. We all want to produce the biggest, baddest nugs on the planet.:damnhippie:

G

GorillaCloset

I moved 3 plants out and there is a decent amount of room now. They plants that are left have room to breathe and stretch.

I read a bunch last night about the SCROG technique. I'm thinking that will be my best bet next grow. I'm planning now so I'm ready right after harvest. I did the calculations and the room I'm growing in is 12 sqft. I read that you can have 1 plant per sqft, but I don't want to overcrowd the plants like I did this grow.

How many plants would be sufficient for this area?

Should I use pots or a tray? If pots, how big? If tray, how big?

Should I bump my light up to a 600w HPS? I currently have a 400hps right now.

:rasta2:

F

farmerjohn

That 1 plant per sq. ft. is not large plants or large planters. With limited space, my feeling is that bigger is better. ScrOG seems reasonable. Mountain Mist or Misty Mountain Hop, whatever her name is, posted killer pics of her ScrOG setup. Check it out & maybe pick her brain for some information. She had six large plants in good sized pots.

With 400Wers, I would use two to too tutu, lol, ....er, 2 lights & get a good burn down to the screen you would have to erect, to see your closet ScrOG come to life! Say, perhaps, 4, 5 or 6 plants in 2, 3 or 4 gal. containers. Play with the numbers to see what is the most desirable for your space.

I have a table that would be perfect for a mini ScrOG in the basement. It's about 10 sq. ft. 6 plants in 12" pots would fit on it nicely. Building a frame to set on the table & attach the screen to, is a project I need to get accomplished. Strap one of the 1000W horizontal cabinet mounted lights, with the coincidentally 10 sq. ft. reflector hood @ 2 ft., over the whole rig & watch that blast furnace cook up some phat Silver Pearl plants. I want to try to produce the kind of nugs I saw somewhere on the internet. Somebody did ScrOG the SP & posted pictures of some of the monster buds they harvested. 1 litre bottle sized dank buds that were so covered in crystals, the whole thing was solid white! Biggest tops were weighing in @ 50-60g wet!
:harvest::character0029::harvest::party0042:

Latest posts

Top Bottom