2x 600w Hps De Or 1x 1000w Hps De On A Light Mover?

• Thread starter Clamwrangler
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Clamwrangler

Clamwrangler

Penetration, efficiency, over all yield, when dialed in? Most likely over a 1.2m x 2m scrog. Only about 6.1 foot of ceiling space. Will be running that length on a light mover. Now would the 1k be the optimal light when utilising a light mover to eliminate the hot spots ? (has worked thus far for 2x 600w HPS SE on the mover lights less than 8-10'" from canopy)

Thanks for any help offerd

scubascrog

scubascrog

I would think they would stretch more if you had just one light. idk

Clamwrangler

Clamwrangler

Ive had one run using the light mover and it reduced stretch considerably being able to have the lights so close. I feel that 1k would have better penetration. Ran 2x 600w SE ends and wasnt overly happy with penetration. Im thinking the the 1k close to canopy moving little over 3'/1m up and down the room

Dbear180

Dbear180

How well did you yield with the se 6s before?

I think the 1000de might get a lil hot. Probably have to be a lil further away from the canopy & being limited on height space that might be your determining factor.
I would run two 6s... orrrrrr try out cmh. I'm slowly convincing myself to convert over to cmh.

Dbear180

Dbear180

Funny I was gonna tag you demon. Look at demons set ups, they run goooooood. Hes low key been motivation for my conversion plans from se HPS dinosaurs.

DemonTrich

DemonTrich

I run cmh now. I used to run hps, 3x 600 in an 8x12, plants are offset 3' from center with lights. I do the same, and most every run slightly better yields with 4x 315cmh set up. Little higher co2 though.

Clamwrangler

Clamwrangler

Too late I caved and got a Hi Par 1000w de ballast and king wing shade! lets see how she goes!

I could get just over or under 2 # but wasnt happy with penetration.
How well did you yield with the se 6s before?

I think the 1000de might get a lil hot. Probably have to be a lil further away from the canopy & being limited on height space that might be your determining factor.
I would run two 6s... orrrrrr try out cmh. I'm slowly convincing myself to convert over to cmh.

That was my reasoning for the 2x 600HPS DE, but then the cost of two set ups was twice the price of what I could get a 1k DE kit for. I feel the light mover will help me keep it lower and closer to canopy to get turbo charged penetration
2x 600 ftmfw!!
And your getting 200 more watts with 2x600 vs 1x 1k.

Top Bottom