2x Cloudline outtake fans in same tent?

• Thread starter indie_bud
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
indie_bud

indie_bud

I have really big tent: 23x10x6.5. For that, I need 1485 CFM outtake fan minimum. WIth all the lights and ducking, I calculated around 1900-200 CFM.

Decided to go with Cloudline T10s (1000 CFM). They are pretty light weight and have automated control with controller that you can setup outside the tent. On the controller you can connect 2 fans.
For intake fan I'll go with T6 version (350 CFM).

How does this sound to growers experienced with bigger tents? Is it normal to setup 2 vents in same tent? Thinking about one on the left and one on the right side of it, since in the middle I'll have around 5 feet of empty space to move around (and I'm limited by the lights). Also I wanted to put intake fan somewhere in the middle of the tent, or does it actually matter where fans are located?

HarryHood

HarryHood

I have really big tent: 23x10x6.5. For that, I need 1485 CFM outtake fan minimum. WIth all the lights and ducking, I calculated around 1900-200 CFM.

Decided to go with Cloudline T10s (1000 CFM). They are pretty light weight and have automated control with controller that you can setup outside the tent. On the controller you can connect 2 fans.
For intake fan I'll go with T6 version (350 CFM).

How does this sound to growers experienced with bigger tents? Is it normal to setup 2 vents in same tent? Thinking about one on the left and one on the right side of it, since in the middle I'll have around 5 feet of empty space to move around (and I'm limited by the lights). Also I wanted to put intake fan somewhere in the middle of the tent, or does it actually matter where fans are located?
by no means am i experienced, but i've got an S6 as an exhaust and another as my intake. i'm in a 4x4x6.5. it works ok, but obviously bigger is a little better as it'll regulate conditions quicker. you may need to go bigger on that intake? again, by no means am i experienced and i'm sure others will steer you in the right direction as cloudlines seem to be pretty popular here. happy growing!

JoryK

JoryK

That should work out fine, with the exception that I’d get a larger intake than the 6”, an 8” would probably do it, but I boy were me, I’d go with a 10”. I’ve been growing going on 39 yes now, and my rule of thumb for active intakes has always been to get an intake one size smaller than your extraction fan so, if I were going to run 2-10”, or whatever size, exhaust fans I’d go with one of them for intake. Although, one other think I’d consider if I were you would be installing a size larger extraction fans. That way the fans can run at a lower speed.

30roll

30roll

If you poke thru the questions on Amazon, ACI does not recommend mismatching Fan sizes as the risk is damaging your equipment..
Run 2-10's together!
I run 2-6's together in a 4x6, 1 connected to the other inside the Tent.. 'Definitely stronger than just 1 on it's own, but should have just went with 1-8".. Live and learn.

Top Bottom