2x2 auto grow setup and improvement?

• Thread starter jacare
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
jacare

jacare

Hi guys, new member here.
I've always been quite interested in micro grows and how to utilise small spaces for maximum yield, which is just as well as I don't have much space at all.
I've experimented with various setups and I've noticed that over the years the micro grow scene has become a lot more popular.
So a problem I always had was bud density.
The tent used was a 2x2 secret jardin ds60. Due to space constraints this exact size is the maximum possible.
Various lights have been used but best results thus far has been a hlg 135w led quantum board. This is where I think people are going to tell me where my problem lies however at the time other more powerful led lights were overheating the tent at the quantum board was actually a pretty cutting edge light for its time.
So I guess my question is what's going to be the best setup in tofays market for the dimensions?
Incase you're not familiar with thar particular tent it's 60cmx60cmx158cm.

Apologies if this is in the wrong place.

Thanks.

Gmix

Gmix

Supporter
Heat can effect bud density however it can also be simple genetics lots of strains don’t have rock hard buds

I’ve no idea what your best set up would be mind as I have never run a micro grow.

jacare

jacare

Heat can effect bud density however it can also be simple genetics lots of strains don’t have rock hard buds
Hi, thanks for the reply.
Temps were normally up to 30C which I know is on the hotter end of the scale.
The plants in question were always autos but the strains used I have seem get great density.
Bud size was always OK, just lacked in density which was disappointing and naturally lacked weight.

Gmix

Gmix

Supporter
Hi, thanks for the reply.
Temps were normally up to 30C which I know is on the hotter end of the scale.
The plants in question were always autos but the strains used I have seem get great density.
Bud size was always OK, just lacked in density which was disappointing and naturally lacked weight.
Yeah at 86f your cooking the turps away and always gonna have a low yeild.
Can you find a way to lower it

jacare

jacare

Yeah at 86f your cooking the turps away and always gonna have a low yeild.
Can you find a way to lower it
Oh really? I was always under the impression you're good up to 31.
Well here's another thing people are probably going to go mad over but I have never ran an air intake due to the small size. This would help with temps I'm sure as well as co2.
do you have micro grows? If so do you have an air intake? If so what is you're experience with vs without?

Gmix

Gmix

Supporter
above 80f and the growth will slow at 86-87 the plant will have a hard time
Sry I don’t run micro wait till one pops in am sure they can help.

Ps doubt we’d be mad at cha it’s your grow we can only advise

Well I got the munchies now haha it is breakfast time here in the uk
Laters bud 🙂

jacare

jacare

above 80f and the growth will slow at 86-87 the plant will have a hard time
Sry I don’t run micro wait till one pops in am sure they can help.

Ps doubt we’d be mad at cha it’s your grow we can only advise

Well I got the munchies now haha it is breakfast time here in the uk
Laters bud 🙂
Thanks, I appreciate your your input.

G

gromie440

What size exhaust do you use may be easiest to suck more heat out and just use passive intake with bottom flap open heat will definitely contribute to loose buds

jacare

jacare

What size exhaust do you use may be easiest to suck more heat out and just use passive intake with bottom flap open heat will definitely contribute to loose buds
The exhaust is a 6" fan with carbon filter

jacare

jacare

The exhaust is a 6" fan with carbon filter
Also I should have mentioned that the tent was enclosed so if I had opened a flap to allow ait in it would have got virtually nothing from the space

G

gromie440

A 6 in in that size tent should almost collapse the walls I have a 4 in in a 28"×28"×60" and on high it sucks the tent walls very tight even if it is enclosed it's probably not air tight and will get more passive recuculation than you think... also are you venting back into same room or outside that will have a big impact

G

gromie440

Mine is in the basement venting outside with it being winter my Temps stay on the cooler end 64 to 68 night/ day summer time that goes up 10 degrees I get way better colors and slightly better buds in winter

20240127 062540
jacare

jacare

A 6 in in that size tent should almost collapse the walls I have a 4 in in a 28"×28"×60" and on high it sucks the tent walls very tight even if it is enclosed it's probably not air tight and will get more passive recuculation than you think... also are you venting back into same room or outside that will have a big impact
So how much of an improvement do you think it would be to replace the 6" with a 4"?

jacare

jacare

I forgot to mention that it is a stealth grow.
Ok so after assessing all possibilities, with some DIY I could potentially divert hot air out of the room and get an intake for clean air. If that's all done then the ventilation issue should be resolved.
Now I have seen pots on controversy about lighting. Lots of people saying that a 135w quantum board is not enough.
What are you opinions? Is a 135w quantum board enough for a 2x2?
I'd also be interested in what people's thoughts are on how many plants should be grown under these conditions for max yield.

Top Bottom