2x2x5, 2x Sour D 1x Ww, 400hps Cool Tube, Hight Problems?

• Thread starter Mickygreen
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Mickygreen

Mickygreen

Hello,
my grow is going fine so far? However ' I did flip my plants at 12inch after a few topping sessions the previous weeks,

My problem is 'I only have 5ft head space and the sour d has taken 16days to show flowers and in that time more than doubled??

That have started throwing pistols now so I hope the vertical stretch is almost done ' because I've only got 5/6more inches before the into my cool tube? ?
I have been bending them over to slow the growth but I have the feeling I'm in for a krazy end to my grow lol
2x2x5 2x sour d 1x ww 400hps cool tube hight problems
2x2x5 2x sour d 1x ww 400hps cool tube hight problems 2
2x2x5 2x sour d 1x ww 400hps cool tube hight problems 3

As you can see I'm about to run out of head space lol
Any advice would be great?
I did hear that a heavy dose of nitrogen might slow the stretch at this point??

Question: once the plant has started throwing pistols do that usually stretch much or focus on flowering?

sixstring

sixstring

using veg nutes during early flower will help slow down stretch.but you can also bend the tops down now and gain an easy 6 to 12 inches depending how ya bend them.i wouldnt do the "heavy dose" of nitro,just use veg nutes instead of high pk nutes.

Mickygreen

Mickygreen

using veg nutes during early flower will help slow down stretch.but you can also bend the tops down now and gain an easy 6 to 12 inches depending how ya bend them.i wouldnt do the "heavy dose" of nitro,just use veg nutes instead of high pk nutes.
Thanks for your reply, I'm using gh 3part in coco/perlite and wow! Feeding coco everyday grows plants 3times the size than all my soil grows

I was using LED in this space but wanted bigger nugs so went with the 400 in a cool tube ' a little over kill but with the dense canopy I would need that penetration. I've been feeding the recommended dose for flower per 5 litre 5ml micra, 2.5ml grow, 7.5ml bloom, adding some supplement's once weekly for a max [email protected] of 800 plants are enjoying the regular feeds that's for sure
I might give them a extra 2.5ml grow to bump up the nitrogen see how that goes in the nest few days

Mickygreen

Mickygreen

Thanks for your reply, I'm using gh 3part in coco/perlite and wow! Feeding coco everyday grows plants 3times the size than all my soil grows

I was using LED in this space but wanted bigger nugs so went with the 400 in a cool tube ' a little over kill but with the dense canopy I would need that penetration. I've been feeding the recommended dose for flower per 5 litre 5ml micra, 2.5ml grow, 7.5ml bloom, adding some supplement's once weekly for a max [email protected] of 800 plants are enjoying the regular feeds that's for sure
I might give them a extra 2.5ml grow to bump up the nitrogen see how that goes in the nest few days
Also for got to add that ' I did keep feeding the veg feeding program up until the the 14the day of 12/12 ?

I'm starting to realise that flipping the lights to 12/12 has different offects on different strains. My white widow started flowing almost exactly the way I knew it would but the sour d seem a lot slower adjusting to environment change? It would seem to me that the sativa dom plants have a much slower transition in to flower than indica dom's?

I will have to make some notes of this and next time I grow 2 direct strains in the same SMALL space I will flip at maybe 8inch instead of 12inch?

sixstring

sixstring

yeah man thats a bit much for that size tent with the 400hps.what kind of led did you have in there ? i always use veg nutes till the stretch is over so 2 to 3 weeks depending on strain.then i will hit em with a pk boost hard the first day i switch to flowering nutes.and then i just feed base nutes unless i see a plant wanting more food i do another dose of the boost.everyone has to find their grove though.but damn bro,you have 100w per sq foot in there,need ya some co2 lol.

Mickygreen

Mickygreen

yeah man thats a bit much for that size tent with the 400hps.what kind of led did you have in there ? i always use veg nutes till the stretch is over so 2 to 3 weeks depending on strain.then i will hit em with a pk boost hard the first day i switch to flowering nutes.and then i just feed base nutes unless i see a plant wanting more food i do another dose of the boost.everyone has to find their grove though.but damn bro,you have 100w per sq foot in there,need ya some co2 lol.
My ventilation is spot on and my temp are always under 25c. Im here all day so I'm constantly keeping a eye on them. You are right my friend, 100wpf is to much but I seen so many grows done the same way with great results with worst environment conditions so I thought I would go for it. I could always cut the top of the tent off and higher the light & filter for more vertical space but I more floor space too? Used to use mars300 2x old? Still got the lm too in the back room

Mickygreen

Mickygreen

I moved the plants into a DIY tent I made from a old 5'x5' tent with light leaks all over lol
I also added a old 300 marshydo led & a DIY led I made from several different LED units, total watts including the 400hps is 590watts
Im actually pleased with my build since I've managed to run passive due to the size increase in floor&hight space from ,2x2x5' too 2.5x4x6'
I conceded my 5"rvk 240cfm to the cooltube & carbon filter saving my a 4" can fan I was using for the carbon filter....
First couple pictures is the setup, white widow on the (left)
Sour-d on the right under the hps & DIY led...
Last 2 picture is the widow....
I would of defiantly been screwed for hight within a couple more days in the 2x2x5' lol I didn't realize coco/perlite with hydro feeds everyday to runoff would make the girls reach for the sky.
Today is 55days from seed
19 days 12/12 , the widow I be leave is a AUTO, because she started throwing flowers on 18/6??
The 2x sour-d had a normal to slow transition into flowering in terms of pistol growth' but are well under way now...
20170423 191903
20170423 191623
20170424 090014
20170424 085958

PLANT SIZE& HIGHT
WHITE WIDOW=21" TALL & 20" WIDE
SOUR-D (left)= 23" TALL & 16" WIDE
SOUR-D (right)= 25" TALL & 18"WIDE

I topped all the plants at the 6th node?
In the past I always topped at the 3rd node ' but wanted a little more vertical growth for a bigger yield? Well' I got the vertical growth in the sour-d lol
FEEDING
5 litre nutrient feed
Epsom (1/4) tsp once week
Magnecal+ (3ml) every feed exempt Epsom feeding day'then it's (2ml)
Silicon (2.5ml) once week
Bio bloom (1ml) once week
Micra (5ml) day
Grow (2.5ml) day
Bloom (7.5ml) day.....total ppm [email protected]

20170422 140945
rmoltis

rmoltis

The Beast Slayer
Supporter
What kind of setup do you run? Plant numbers/media/strains?

The setup is always changing.
The answers aren't straight forward.

But everything since grow 1 in the space is n my thread.

I'm on grow 5 now.
1st grow was 1 plant in 2 gallon pot. (Bagseed)

2nd run 4 in 2 gal pots.(bagseed)

3rd run 4 in 2 gallon pots.(bagseed)

4th run 1 in a 10 gallon & 3 in 1 gallon. (Ghost train haze, mozarella, purple haze, amnesia lemon)

This round I connected both chambers into a 2x2x6 tent with a 20 gallon smart pot. (Delicious seeds-critical super silver haze)

Top Bottom