2x4 DWC Test with Spider Farmer SF2000

• Thread starter Observationist
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Observationist

Observationist

No room in the 5x5 for it cause of lights are towards the back could maybe move front ones up a little

WhatsHeDoingToday

WhatsHeDoingToday

You might want to think about lollipopping and utilizing scrog right before you flip to 12/12. Because when they go into stretch without a SCROG you may have trouble with the tops growing too close to the light. If you have an infrared thermal gun like the ones they sell for cheap at Harbor Freight you can start taking leaf temperatures to make sure they don't exceed 85 degrees. I see its 81 degrees in the tent already, When you flip to flower you're gonna run that SF-2000 all the way up to 100 percent. And your distance from light may be to close to tops..Don't want to burn em. The scrog will provide a more even canopy and lollipopping the lower third of the plant before you flip to flower will transfer plant growth energy from under the canopy to the top bud sites giving you much larger buds on top and when scrogged, you will have many bud sites at canopy level giving you more head space between the bottom of the SF-2000 and top of the buds. If it were me, Id, lollipop the lower third and start weaving my plants through the SCROG a week before the flip and monitor leaf temps closely once you're in 12/12. Also, consider that the water temps will also rise in reservoir and beware of root rot. Hydroguard becomes a good preventative measure to keep root rot under control. Looks great, I want to see a great finish as well! I tied a string to the bottom of my lights so that it gives me a quick measure of the distance between the bottom of the light and top of the canopy of buds. During the stretch, those bud sites will grow straight up through the SCROG fast. Good job keeping up on all of it... Looking great!

Observationist

Observationist

You might want to think about lollipopping and utilizing scrog right before you flip to 12/12. Because when they go into stretch without a SCROG you may have trouble with the tops growing too close to the light. If you have an infrared thermal gun like the ones they sell for cheap at Harbor Freight you can start taking leaf temperatures to make sure they don't exceed 85 degrees. I see its 81 degrees in the tent already, When you flip to flower you're gonna run that SF-2000 all the way up to 100 percent. And your distance from light may be to close to tops..Don't want to burn em. The scrog will provide a more even canopy and lollipopping the lower third of the plant before you flip to flower will transfer plant growth energy from under the canopy to the top bud sites giving you much larger buds on top and when scrogged, you will have many bud sites at canopy level giving you more head space between the bottom of the SF-2000 and top of the buds. If it were me, Id, lollipop the lower third and start weaving my plants through the SCROG a week before the flip and monitor leaf temps closely once you're in 12/12. Also, consider that the water temps will also rise in reservoir and beware of root rot. Hydroguard becomes a good preventative measure to keep root rot under control. Looks great, I want to see a great finish as well! I tied a string to the bottom of my lights so that it gives me a quick measure of the distance between the bottom of the light and top of the canopy of buds. During the stretch, those bud sites will grow straight up through the SCROG fast. Good job keeping up on all of it... Looking great!
Haha thanks man appreciate the info, ive already lollipopped some and will be doing again later on, ive topped her a bunch more as well to slow her vertical growth. im just waiting for my 5x5 to finish and other gear to arrive.

i plan on moving this bucket to a 3x3 and spreading her out.

ive raised the light as well, could do it a little more possibly.

i have a IR gun i use to check temps, good catch its been cool in the 2x4 cause right by balcony doors....

Observationist

Observationist

How did I miss this thread 😂 so not everything you do is down right crazy then mate👍 I couldn’t imagine trying to flower plants in a 2x4 tent ya must have to keep em small and short yea?
Bout to find out lol

Observationist

Observationist

Kept this one going to long, should have flowered it months ago.

Anyways, I checked it yesterday or day before, it wasnt really taking water up, so I looked at the roots, pruned em away, got to the center of stem/stalk, it looked black and rotted out.

So I cut it all the fuck off.

Defoliated to reduce transpiration rates.
Scrubbed and sanitized the bucket and equipment.
Made a new batch of water with added indole-3-butyric acid.

Let's see if I can get this to root again, and resume growth.

Top Bottom