2x4 led lighting recommendation

• Thread starter Von420
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Von420

Von420

Time to upgrade my light in my tent. I’m stuck on the hlg but what size would be good for a 2 plant 2x4 tent? I’ve had 2 successful grows but want to produce more ! I’ve got cheap Chinese purples and I’ve had enough! Someone with knowledge and experience guide me in the right direction

AnselAdams

AnselAdams

Supporter
Time to upgrade my light in my tent. I’m stuck on the hlg but what size would be good for a 2 plant 2x4 tent? I’ve had 2 successful grows but want to produce more ! I’ve got cheap Chinese purples and I’ve had enough! Someone with knowledge and experience guide me in the right direction

Howdy; I know you said you were through with LED's. Before you do I would like to offer my 2 cents on the LED's i use. I have (2) 2x4's myself; one of which i just upgraded from a 2x2. I am on my 4th successful grow and have had very good production & growth. I am using the Kind line of LED's, I have (1)xl-300, (1)xl-450 & (2)xl-600. They are not cheap! Yet they have been reliable and the one time i have to return a light 2 years in, Customer Service never blinked, they were top notch. I purchased mine from Amazon and directly from Kind. They even allowed me to finish the grow before returning for repair (6 weeks), even though it would be beyond the end of the warranty period.

As you can see they put out. This cabinet has an xl-600 & an xl-300 for a total of 458 real watts, the other an xl-600 & an xl-450. They work as advertised! 🍻 🥂
Kind LED XL600 K3 Series 2 LED

Light'em Up!!! Happy Growing.. 🥂🥳

p.s. I talked to one of their engineers at length; you probably want to stay away from the wi-fi units for now. 😉

20191124 005906 1
20200320 141548
20191214 114052
mjraeh87

mjraeh87

Couple pictures of past grows

cheap chinese purples? those look pretty good for cheap chinese amazon lights? which ones you got? i have a 2x4 tent i am gonna start a rdwc 2 plant grow , my first, and im looking for lights right now, im about to purchase a timber 3vl, im just curious to what luck other people have had with other light choices. i want something full spectrum.

thanks
mark h

Von420

Von420

cheap chinese purples? those look pretty good for cheap chinese amazon lights? which ones you got? i have a 2x4 tent i am gonna start a rdwc 2 plant grow , my first, and im looking for lights right now, im about to purchase a timber 3vl, im just curious to what luck other people have had with other light choices. i want something full spectrum.

thanks
mark h
Philizon 600w grew that. That was my second grow ever.

466D5D6F AC0F 45D2 91F9 E8A924EE5353
Von420

Von420

Only get 1 to 1.5 oz off each plant with the light but I’ve learned so much! I got the hlg260w v2 rspec. Came on Monday! Hopefully I can produce more quality cannabis!

mjraeh87

mjraeh87

i just watched a video on that light. are they full spectrum, can be used for veg and bloom? looks like a decent light, very interested. ive been looking at kind led , seems a little pricey, but excellent quality

Von420

Von420

what light did you buy? and how big is your grow area?
It’s the philizon 600w it has both veg and bloom options. It was like 100 bucks or something off amazon. I’m tired of seeing everyone putting out 8-16 oz off one plant so I upgraded my light. I was told you couldn’t grow good buds with the Chinese cheap leds and I sure proved that wrong.

jaguarlax

jaguarlax

Supporter
Howdy; I know you said you were through with LED's. Before you do I would like to offer my 2 cents on the LED's i use. I have (2) 2x4's myself; one of which i just upgraded from a 2x2. I am on my 4th successful grow and have had very good production & growth. I am using the Kind line of LED's, I have (1)xl-300, (1)xl-450 & (2)xl-600. They are not cheap! Yet they have been reliable and the one time i have to return a light 2 years in, Customer Service never blinked, they were top notch. I purchased mine from Amazon and directly from Kind. They even allowed me to finish the grow before returning for repair (6 weeks), even though it would be beyond the end of the warranty period.

As you can see they put out. This cabinet has an xl-600 & an xl-300 for a total of 458 real watts, the other an xl-600 & an xl-450. They work as advertised! 🍻 🥂
Kind LED XL600 K3 Series 2 LED

Light'em Up!!! Happy Growing.. 🥂🥳

p.s. I talked to one of their engineers at length; you probably want to stay away from the wi-fi units for now. 😉

@AnselAdams Do you know what brand they use for the diodes? I cant seem to find anything on their site. I know you say to stay away from the wifi units but I really cant help myself. I can at least window shop for now 😎

Last edited:
Von420

Von420

Do you know what brand they use for the diodes? I cant seem to find anything on their site. I know you say to stay away from the wifi units but I really cant help myself. I can at least window shop for now 😎
I have no idea . I first started growing last year and that was one of the first lights I purchased. Read some reviews on Amazon and decided to get it. Grew 2 autos and yielded up to 3 oz every 75 days. Onto big and better though . It helped me learn how to tend and take care of my girls

AnselAdams

AnselAdams

Supporter
@AnselAdams Do you know what brand they use for the diodes? I cant seem to find anything on their site. I know you say to stay away from the wifi units but I really cant help myself. I can at least window shop for now 😎

... Someone has to support research... 🍻 😄

LOL... no but I will call them and find out. I keep trying to get their lead tech to join this site and represent! So far no luck.

Give me a couple of days and let me see what i can find out. Btw, i just purchased their 4ft veg light bar. 🥂 😊
veg lite only, with a touch of the red so i don't have to burn the biggies for the first month.

I don't want to hijack this thread, so if you want to see the details, go to the first link in my signature.

Last edited:
Top Bottom