2x4 Tent Exhaust Layout Picture Request

• Thread starter zurple
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
zurple

zurple

I know this is going to be an odd request, but I am not certain which bars at the top of my tent to use for the lights, and especially the exhaust fan and filter. I would love to see pics of any of your setups showing how you hung your equipment.

I have a Gorilla 2x4 grow tent, a 4" exhaust fan with a Phresh filter.

Yes, I have searched here, and google images, but I mostly find people running their system through hps light fixtures, or no pics of how they hung it. I am sure there is no wrong way, but I want this setup to be perfect. I am using a Timber 4vl for lighting.

So, let's see some pics of your exhaust layouts for reference. Thank you.

Kepp89

Kepp89

whats the height? i flowered a single lady in my 62" tall tent and the filter/fan combo was bothersome to be hanging inside the tent

might wanna look into either putting it directly on the roof of your tent to suck the air out and into the filter which would be on the ground OUTSIDE of your tent
or put ducting in your tent, run it out the tent and into the fan and then into the filter which, still, is OUTSIDE of your tent.

or just hang it any way you can. theres no right or wrong way. as long as its sturdy. and i used ties to keep mine from hitting the walls when the pressure switched and the walls closed in a bit

in the end it depends how much space you need/want/desire. before i make another go i'm gonna make it suck air out into a duct and then into the fan and then into the filter for more space

zurple

zurple

whats the height? i flowered a single lady in my 62" tall tent and the filter/fan combo was bothersome to be hanging inside the tent

might wanna look into either putting it directly on the roof of your tent to suck the air out and into the filter which would be on the ground OUTSIDE of your tent
or put ducting in your tent, run it out the tent and into the fan and then into the filter which, still, is OUTSIDE of your tent.

or just hang it any way you can. theres no right or wrong way. as long as its sturdy. and i used ties to keep mine from hitting the walls when the pressure switched and the walls closed in a bit

in the end it depends how much space you need/want/desire. before i make another go i'm gonna make it suck air out into a duct and then into the fan and then into the filter for more space
It is 7' tall, so I have plenty of height. Maybe I am overthinking it too much, but I don't want to have to move it again. lol

Kepp89

Kepp89

make sure you use clamps on all connections. i put duct tape around the clamps after that. i assumed that was normal though.

and just set it up and do a dry run of stuff. see if it'll hit ur head. see if your arms can reach to do whatever.

if its ur first tent its just a learning first grow. you will have to adjust things that you didnt think about because whatever reason or another. i spent i think 3 hours getting my tent all setup (inner workings of the tent only so lights, fans, filter, plant, water drain system to prevent water logged soil) and then kept changing it throughout the plants life because this reason or that reason.

i spent 3 hours on mine because i kept dry running stuff and realizing "wait a minute, when i this... i cant that.... so i need to this" type deal. i had a small tent too, 2.5x2.5 feet. all tents are not laid out equally. where i like my stuff might not be where larry from down the street puts his stuff

Terpeneluv

Terpeneluv

I have a 2x4x6 with the filter inside. I was always under the impression that the filter should be on the inside. Hell, if I can put it on the outside, that would relieve a little stress about running out of headroom after stretch.

Is there really a difference?

Kepp89

Kepp89

I have a 2x4x6 with the filter inside. I was always under the impression that the filter should be on the inside. Hell, if I can put it on the outside, that would relieve a little stress about running out of headroom after stretch.

Is there really a difference?
I believe most people put it inside the tent so that there’s less of chance that smelly air will leak out

Fred Ziffle

Fred Ziffle

I believe most people put it inside the tent so that there’s less of chance that smelly air will leak out
Thanks a lot for the help, I really want this to work out for me...ill post pics as soon as everything gets here and hooked upđź‘Ť

cemchris

cemchris

Supporter
Heat rises. Exhaust high intake low. It's a tent. Just hang how you want and duct how you want. Something like a 2 x 4 would take like 2 mins to change it up and see what the best setup is going to be. Set it up. Check the temp. Change it till you get where you want.

BloodShot

BloodShot

I know this is going to be an odd request, but I am not certain which bars at the top of my tent to use for the lights, and especially the exhaust fan and filter. I would love to see pics of any of your setups showing how you hung your equipment.

I have a Gorilla 2x4 grow tent, a 4" exhaust fan with a Phresh filter.

Yes, I have searched here, and google images, but I mostly find people running their system through hps light fixtures, or no pics of how they hung it. I am sure there is no wrong way, but I want this setup to be perfect. I am using a Timber 4vl for lighting.

So, let's see some pics of your exhaust layouts for reference. Thank you.
IMG 6475

Fred Ziffle

Fred Ziffle

I've just been reading up and asking some but depends on works best for your size tent...in process of setting up my second tent...im newbie and just trying to see what works...got it inside small tent and flowering a couple and everything seems goid and keeps smell down but would give me more room outside the tent...may need to get me a scrog net...working on 2x4x5 tent now if everything would get here I need for inside....i got few ideas from searching but as most say I guess it's what works best.

Downloadfile 1
Screenshot 2019 09 05 13 18 12
Top Bottom