3.3' x 3.3' tent heat issues

• Thread starter senate
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
S

senate

Hi,

I'm assuming the answer to this is an intake fan, so it may be a dumb question. Whenver I start off vegging in a closet that is left open slightly under a 400 with just an oscilating fan nearby, everything looks great. When they are moved into a tent under a 600 with a 6" sunleaves windtunnel extracting air through an air cooled glass sealed reflector, the plants go all wilted looking. Yes the temps are hotter. There is no intake fan. I have the extract fan at about half speed. The room the tent is in is probably around 12'x12'. Temps in the tent are in the 80s. Temps in the closet are probably 70s. You think the intake is what I need? Thanks for any help. I hope I wasnt vague in my description.

Thanks.

sky high

sky high

You gotta source some cool air (and) or move more air through the space.

Turn that bitch to full speed. If that doesn't do it, buy a second inline and vent the lights and tent seperately. Either way though.....the closer the air coming in is to the "80's", the tougher it is gonna be to keep things in the proper range.

good luck

s h

motherlode

motherlode

@Rolln_J
Supporter
my buddy just went through this with his new tent and it took for me to see it with the lights on to figure out why fresh clones were going south

in his case the pan liner has a shiny side and a black side - with the shiny side up light is reflected to the underside of the leaves and it caused big time lumen shock

I had him reverse the pan so the black side was showing and they snapped out of it right away

he is running a 1k in a 4x4 tent and just using one can fan - bottom vents on the right side and back are open - filter is connected to the light on the left side and exhaust goes out the top of the tent and outside the house through an old stove pipe - this ensures fresh air constantly being brought in

hope this helps you

S

senate

So there's a 4" fan at the top of the tent extracting heat from the light, i think thats around 200 cfm. Theres now another 4" vortex just chillin on the ground where the hole at the bottom of the tent is pushing air into the tent at a little lower speed (noise issues).. The temp in there at the canopy is still around 81-82 degrees. I even have the lower fan laying right by a vent to pull A/C air. Now sure how much better I can get... Am I doing something wrong?

Cort

Cort

Senate, Im a new guy but here is how I set up my 4x4 with 1k.

2 6" filtered passive intakes near the bottom of the tent

1 small oscillating fan under the canopy blowing up

1 oscillating fan at canopy level blowing around

air is sucked through a large carbon filter by a 6 inch value line fan

air is pushed through the light and out of the tent

Controlled by a CAP VSC-DNe. This controller has temp set points for light on and lights off, adjusting the fan speed as needed to meet the settings.

If your room is in the 80s your fan could be blowing all it wants, the tent wont get cooler than the room. You could try venting your exhaust outside of the room your tent is in or piping air from outside the room, through the hood and back outside the room with never letting that air hit the girls. If you were to run that way, the smaller fan pulling air from the top of the tent should be enough, provided the room is cool.

This isnt perfect but it might be a good start for you.

S

senate

My room is in the 70s. I just have a fan sucking heat from the bulb and blowing it outside the tent (I actually have the ducting taped to a window fan blowing air out of the room. You have a fan taking air from the room, blowing it onto and through the light and pushing it back outside the tent? I'm hoping that is the major difference and will cool it down more. Thanks for everyones help.

Top Bottom