3 400w or 2 600w????

• Thread starter florida flowers
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
F

florida flowers

I have a room that I want to put 1200 watts in for flowering. I can't decide on using 2 600s or having 3 400s. They both equal 1200 watts except obviously they are completely different. I know that 600s have a higher lumen per watt ratio. But what about the 3 400s? I would be able to have the 400s closer to the canopy due to less heat, thusly increasing the amount of lumens. Right? Also I know I would be able to distribute the light more evenly with the 3 400s. But what is going to produce a higher yield?

Also take into account that space, cost and # of plants is not an issue. I just need the higher yield.

Someone PLEASE help me out this is driving me nuts.

S

snake383

what kind of space and medium are you working with? Clones or seeds? My vote would be the 3 400's with a halide in the middle.

H

highroller

Premium Member
Supporter
I would recommend 2 600w. They have a better lumen output per watt of power used, so actually you are getting more light even tho both setups are 1200 watts. Plus they penetrate deeper into the canopy allowing for better growth on the lower branches. With regard to distribution, you can put them on movers if cost isn't an issue.
My .02 for the amount of information given.

true grit

true grit

3x 400w= around 120,000 lumens +/-.....
2x 600w= around 180,000 lumens +/-.... Now take your grow space area and divide lumens by that sq.ft and you will see the much higher lumen/ sq. ft of your garden with the 600's.

If you aircool the hood/light, proximity to plants shouldn't be an issue. I've run my 600w as close as 6-8 inches (probably closer due to box height and plant stretch) and glass is still cool to the touch for as long as you feel like holding your hand there...

I have no experience with 1000w'ers but word on the street is that you never look back after running a 1k as far as quality and yield go....:nerd It all depends on space IMO, as I would try and run 1 1000w and keep it cool as opposed to running 2 600's over the same space, but I work in a small space to begin with.

jadins_journey

jadins_journey

Supporter
Also take into account that space, cost and # of plants is not an issue. I just need the higher yield.

Someone PLEASE help me out this is driving me nuts.

2 x 1K. You will not be disappointed.

jj

F

florida flowers

I decided 2 x 600

i got a 12x14 foot room. No air cooling just oscillating fans. I use ocean forest (i love organic).

As far as 2x 1k goes, my breakers only power 15 amps. With 2 600s and 2 fans im at 13.6 amps. thats close enough for me. (even though it sounds tempting)

Latest posts

Top Bottom