3.7ft x 9 x 8ft garage grow room build

• Thread starter CBDfutute4
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
CBDfutute4

CBDfutute4

What’s up guys

looking for advice from those who have done it. Room will be 3.7 wide, 9ft long with 8ft ceilings

I have most of the basics -

600w qb hlg lighting, various setups

5k btu window ac, w sheetmetal vent

Brand new 50 pint w pump for in room n older (2014) model 40 pint for garage

2000w watt 240 heater for garage
1, 1000w panel heater n 1 750w for garage

Exhaust bath fans for room and garage
Multiple 4 n 6 inch inline fans

I want to do 4 pots.
I would like to see whose done what?

I plan to frame out of 2x3 and regular drywall. A couple buddies build out 1-3 nice nice rooms a month.

should I consider other stuff than drywall..??

im no carpenter but I’m capable with help. I want advice n tips so I don’t do exactly what they say is right...

I trust them but I want to bring some ideas to the table rather than have one of them design it for me.

I have some pictures of my garage, the room would be in the exact location as the tents.

I would have the vented/exhaust ac setup inside it with some modifications.

Even just thinking about which end I’m going to put the door, type of door, etc has me kicking tires

last, I plan to move out of my house in 18 months or 2 years......so not building anything too elegant

the reason why I question my two friends is they spare no expense.....I’m just trying to build a vented room that costs me less heat n ac and somewhat budgeted

that’s not their style

Cracken

Cracken

so my suggestion to you is, get a piece of paper and draw on it a plan for how you want your room. from the pic i see a glass block window. cover that if you are using that area. since winter is coming then heat will not be an issue so ac is not needed for now. for your exhaust i suggest to exhaust vent thru the top as this will allow you to have a passive air intake close to the floor, thus allowing cool fresh air to come in around your plants. I will also suggest placing 2" styrofoam on the floor, this will keep your roots off the cold floor. thats my two cents. if you live East of Toronto then I am willing to lend a hand.

CBDfutute4

CBDfutute4

I’ll draw it up.

from the pics I’m doing it in between the two glass block windows

being im using a corner of my garage I was thinking 2 sheets thick of durafoam r7.7 on all my brick walls.

1/2 inch drywall with r11 in wall n r19 in ceiling. (Wall outer 4x8 sheet that faces into garage, like where my tents face now)

the access would be the front piece of durafoam. I would use tap con screws for the brick and concrete to frame.

I would still frame 16 inches on center but with 2x3 the instead of 2x4

I plan to add 2x4 inside where needed to add support for spots I’m going to be hinging filter, lights, etc.
And also use 2x2 where I can get away with too.

I would only go 8ft ceilings because of the durafoam n drywall sheets coming that way.

JerryGarcia

JerryGarcia

Your A/C setup is really interesting. It would solve a problem I have with cooling. Does it work?

CBDfutute4

CBDfutute4

Your A/C setup is really interesting. It would solve a problem I have with cooling. Does it work?

yes, to an extent. I’m in Chicago so we take a beating in the summer

all but mid July to Labor Day was good w a 5k btu

CBDfutute4

CBDfutute4

Well you see........they don’t think budget minded

I’m going to build a room like that, but once I get a bit bigger house....few more years

so when I say let’s do this for under $1300 with all the stuff I already have, they think I wasting my time

With the pictures, I plan to do something else than using durafoam as my doorway. But I wonder if it would work as my outer piece would be drywall and my ceiling

but layout wise - equipment/heat/ac/dehumidifier on right side n plants left side

8A99FC26 1603 4668 B0BD CAAA535489AE
457F56A7 6B03 40F2 94DB 14B94B876ADA
CBDfutute4

CBDfutute4

Durafoam and drywall together??

6 mil plastic for vapor barrier?

i think I’m buying 3 pieces of drywall, 6 of Durafoam n an assortment of 2x2, 2x3, 2x4.

on framing the doorway and making my door sp, any advice with my combination of materials??

M0nStarNuggety

M0nStarNuggety

Supporter
This sounds awesome. The drywall would work fine just use a latex type paint that will help seal it. With the door just make a 2x3 frame the size you want, sheet one side with plywood, insulate framing, seal it with a layer of foam. Heck just frame the whole thing and wrap it in foam, boom, sealed. haha

CBDfutute4

CBDfutute4

This sounds awesome. The drywall would work fine just use a latex type paint that will help seal it. With the door just make a 2x3 frame the size you want, sheet one side with plywood, insulate framing, seal it with a layer of foam. Heck just frame the whole thing and wrap it in foam, boom, sealed. haha

thank you for the door idea.

CBDfutute4

CBDfutute4

I do t see a need for the drywall but you can. I used the foil ducting tape to seal every joint. Don't use the cheap shit use the contractor stuff.

U think I could build the door from durafoam?

ie, no plywood....??

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

U think I could build the door from durafoam?

ie, no plywood....??
I used laminated shelving. If its a sealed unit you need something you can weather strip. If not there are lots of ways to make a door i can help ya figure out. I'll get a pic for ya.

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

Use cap nails to tack up the durafoam then tape over them.

- E-Comm_GGL_Shopping_PLA_EN_Building Materials_Building Materials_PLA_EN__PRODUCT_GROUP_pla-559015409230&gclid=CjwKCAjwq_D7BRADEiwAVMDdHurk7BR36ikymP03cGumsx-eyIrHfPEM1r6TG9AQ-tzWDL1fDiHNSRoC2YQQAvD_BwE&gclsrc=aw.ds

Top Bottom