3 Clones + River Rock Mini-me F & D For The Small Tent/closet Grower

• Thread starter PhatNuggz
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
PhatNuggz

PhatNuggz

This set up can easily grow 1/2 pound in a 3 x 3 x 6+ space

I have been tweaking my DIY Mini Me F & D for a couple years now. It is inexpensive, using 3 gallon storage totes + ornamental river rock (Dollar Store), either a small Igloo, or tall Kitty Litter pails,
a ~ 300 gph low pressure pump, a small air pump/stones, and a deep cycle timer to set the feed cycles (I use ~ 40 seconds on ~ 60 minutes off in veg; 3-4 hours off from mid-fower to harvest.
In preparation for this new thread I had a lot of prep, then moved 2 reservoirs around

Eventually I will have 3 clones that I took a few weeks ago from a big ass indica dom lady, who is within 7 days of harvest.

PIC # 1: In the first pic note: the seedlings were too far from the light and stretched like crazy. I used a couple tricks to keep them upright, none better than using Coco Clone Collars, which hardly weigh anything, unlike the pvc couplers, which can fall and snap the main stem.

Pic # 2/3: First, I trim the roots several times while in the DIY Bubbler. This forces more side rooting, which helps anchor the plant and provide more avenues for nutrient uptake once it is transferred to the final tote

Pic #3: I made a few minor modifications to the rock set up under the tote lid in order to bring those rocks closer to the clones root mass. To do so, I added a 5" net pot filled with smaller rock which rests on top of a bed of larger rock in the square net pot, in hopes of spreading those roots more evenly across the entire rock bed.

Pic #4: This is the clones final position. which should allow them to spread evenly across the entire rock bed

Pic #5: is a view of the complete set up, with plants in place. At this stage, the roots do not quite get a good soak, so I hand water several times a day to assure the roots do not dry out

Pic #6 is the clone's mother. She was in my prior version, and is almost ready

3 clones  river rock mini me f  d for the small tentcloset grower
3 clones  river rock mini me f  d for the small tentcloset grower 2
3 clones  river rock mini me f  d for the small tentcloset grower 3
3 clones  river rock mini me f  d for the small tentcloset grower 4
3 clones  river rock mini me f  d for the small tentcloset grower 5
3 clones  river rock mini me f  d for the small tentcloset grower 6
kbellfoy

kbellfoy

Love how u made your own. Iv just spent a fortune buying my equipment for my first hydro grow. I'm organic soil up till now.
Your grow looks grest.

PhatNuggz

PhatNuggz

I started harvesting the lower branches from the plant on the right. She is now spending her final days in the dark with ice cold flush waterings

kbellfoy

kbellfoy

I started harvesting the lower branches from the plant on the right. She is now spending her final days in the dark with ice cold flush waterings

Iv never done the cold flush. I don't flush at all in soil so now I'm going hydro gonna have to do it. What have u found to be the difference in flushing normally or with ice water?

PhatNuggz

PhatNuggz

Yo do you really need 6 grow threads? All of the same little tent?
6? They are all ALL different, one is water, one is EH nutrients, one is Hydro, one is LED tubes, one is Amare in a 3 x 3, and one is clones, so they appeal to different forum subscribers

PhatNuggz

PhatNuggz

Iv never done the cold flush. I don't flush at all in soil so now I'm going hydro gonna have to do it. What have u found to be the difference in flushing normally or with ice water?

I just harvested. Plants are drying now

PhatNuggz

PhatNuggz

Seedlings are busting out with Emerald Harvest Grow 3 part

Tubing with nuts: Magnets are used to enhance nutrient uptake. Nute solution passes through to feed and return to rez. See my other thread for details

IMG 3499
IMG 3500
IMG 3501
PhatNuggz

PhatNuggz

The Indica seedlings are growing like they are on steroids (could be the Emerald Harvest 3 part Grow nutes), so, I decided to move the clones under the TL and let the Indicas do there thing under my best lighting.

Tomorrow: I need to go to HD/Lowes to get a couple more 3g totes to complete the transition between clones and seedlings. Maybe 2 Indica seedlings will remain under the TL

First pic: 2 Indicas now under the Amare SE 250. Second pick is Indicas under the TL, but after taking the pic I swapped the other clone from the SE 250 to the TL.

Are you confused? I know I am. I just sampled a small bit from the runt- it is kick-ass, but damn, not a good time to be updating lol.

IMG 3506
IMG 3508
Last edited:
PhatNuggz

PhatNuggz

Veg now 30+ days.

Time to transition. EH 3 part nutes has a transition formula

Clones still looking weird, no multiple blade leafs, no branching WTF?

Moving the other 2 clones to the TL tent, replacing them with 2 more medical Indicas under the SE 220. To do that I had to get 2 more 3g totes, a pump, and another rez

Will cut light schedule to ~ 13/11 for maybe one week then 11/13 to harvest

Pics as soon as I finish hooking everything up

PhatNuggz

PhatNuggz

Took awhile to move everything around. Here are pics of all 3 tents

Some funky lookin clones, right?

I had to sacrifice one clone, which will be moved outside

1-2-3: Transcend led t5s (currently 6), Amare SE 220 with clones from bubbler, Amare SE 250 clones have been under it for a while now

IMG 3513
IMG 3512
IMG 3511
PhatNuggz

PhatNuggz

I am keeping an eye on the other 2 seedlings (on the right). I just might replace these weird as clones with them

PhatNuggz

PhatNuggz

Since the 3 clones weirded out on me, I replaced them with new seedlings.

I see no need to continue this thread as it will only be redundant to others I have on IC

Top Bottom