3 Dwc 3-gallon Buckets Connected Together - No Recirculation

• Thread starter pppp1500
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
P

pppp1500

Is it a good idea not to use a pump for recirculation ?
I mean it's only 3 buckets with each their air stone so there is already a lot of water movement.
All I want in fact is having to adjust ph/ppm only once, not 3 times !
And I do not want any pump to add heat and problems.
I want to stick to DWC in my small little 2x2 grow tent, no other system types.
This is only for vegging 3 mother plants under a small MH, each in their bucket.

Any advice ? Should work ?

S

Shawnery

I'm new but I'll have a go.

You don't run the pump long enough for heat to be an issue. I think the heat from the industrial air pumps is hotter. In the same amount of space you could get just as much yield from 2 plants. Then you could run a res with a pump for your third bucket. This way you get the ease of one ph/ppm but the benefit of circulation.

Or if you just ran the plants in srperate containers without being connected you don't have to worry about something going wrong and killing all your plants together.

RHINObeast

RHINObeast

Is it a good idea not to use a pump for recirculation ?
I mean it's only 3 buckets with each their air stone so there is already a lot of water movement.
All I want in fact is having to adjust ph/ppm only once, not 3 times !
And I do not want any pump to add heat and problems.
I want to stick to DWC in my small little 2x2 grow tent, no other system types.
This is only for vegging 3 mother plants under a small MH, each in their bucket.

Any advice ? Should work ?

Why wouldn't it work? You don't need a pump to grow dwc. Are you saying that they're set up all connected like a recirculating, but you're still going to run an air stone in each and not use pump?

chemistry

chemistry

An air stone in each bucket would just would just blow round in your bucket once the roots had filled it. If your going to join them, you need two pipes, one sucking out at the top and one drawing in at the bottom, or all your flow will be at the bottom, and not pass through all of your roots, and even then it would be hard to PH all three buckets, every adjustment would need leaving a fare while to settle before you could check it again, in all three buckets, it would be a time consuming way to do it. And you may have to PH all three buckets just to make sure they're at your desired PH anyway.

S

Shawnery

An air stone in each bucket would just would just blow round in your bucket once the roots had filled it. If your going to join them, you need two pipes, one sucking out at the top and one drawing in at the bottom, or all your flow will be at the bottom, and not pass through all of your roots, and even then it would be hard to PH all three buckets, every adjustment would need leaving a fare while to settle before you could check it again, in all three buckets, it would be a time consuming way to do it.
This is how mine is and I have to lift the bucket a couple times to mix everything well and I have a pump.

RHINObeast

RHINObeast

This is how mine is and I have to lift the bucket a couple times to mix everything well and I have a pump.
I just do one airstone per bucket, 5 gal, and ph daily. It's a lot of work, but i have white angel hair roots, and healthy ass plants so I'll take the labor, you just gotta put that work in

IMG 2609
chemistry

chemistry

I just do one airstone per bucket, 5 gal, and ph daily. It's a lot of work, but i have white angel hair roots, and healthy ass plants so I'll take the labor, you just gotta put that work in

Me too, I have a spare empty bucket, plant out, PH, adjust, plant back in.

RHINObeast

RHINObeast

That works, I have a ton of extras, I usually swap nutes once in veg at 4 weeks in and twice in bloom. Once at 5 weeks in which I pk blast, and once in flush at week 8. I guess most wouldn't call it a RO flush, but it's my tap water at 75 ppms and I use 5 ml terpenez at 0 ppms to boost the terps and trichomes

RHINObeast

RHINObeast

And not gonna lie, I ph right in the bucket with the plants in there, I have seen NO delay on plants growth or f'd up roots, bunch of guys would disagree but seeing as I never saw a difference when I took the plant out, I stopped worrying about it

S

Shawnery

I have tubes up top dripping into the buckets 8 times a day for 30 minutes. I found if I ran them more often the water would heat up. Even with the top tubes I still raise up the res just to mix everything up really good.

chemistry

chemistry

And not gonna lie, I ph right in the bucket with the plants in there, I have seen NO delay on plants growth or f'd up roots, bunch of guys would disagree but seeing as I never saw a difference when I took the plant out, I stopped worrying about it

I just find it easier to take the plants out to do anything with the buckets, the plants don't seem bothered by the experience, just faster when I don't have to be carefull when I stir the nuits around the roots. Like you say, we stick to what we know best.

chemistry

chemistry

That works, I have a ton of extras, I usually swap nutes once in veg at 4 weeks in and twice in bloom. Once at 5 weeks in which I pk blast, and once in flush at week 8. I guess most wouldn't call it a RO flush, but it's my tap water at 75 ppms and I use 5 ml terpenez at 0 ppms to boost the terps and trichomes

I don't change the nuits in my buckets during a grow, I just move from veg to flower with the same mix and use flower nuits instead of veg nuits, I believe that the plants coming from veg need some veg nuits, or elements from it during transition to flower, and I seem to get better results doing it this way.

RHINObeast

RHINObeast

I don't change the nuits in my buckets during a grow, I just move from veg to flower with the same mix and use flower nuits instead of veg nuits, I believe that the plants coming from veg need some veg nuits, or elements from it during transition to flower, and I seem to get better results doing it this way.
That's exactly what I do, from the 4 week changeover in veg, i don't change the nutes again until they're 4 to 5 weeks in bloom, and you're right, I notice a huge difference. Right away because of the light cycle they start chugging nutes, so I just add bloom nutes, and booster around week 3.

Top Bottom