3% Hydrogen Peroxide dosage rate for natural fungicide use

• Thread starter ghost79
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
D

DizzyDank

NEEM OIL. ...IT may sound simple now, but treat your ladies to a few feedings (foliar) of this natural extract. I pre-treat anything that i put outdoors then give it at least two more during both veg and flower. I usually keep the last feeding closer to the begginging of bud, but the product is all natural and can be used up to the day of harvest - though i never have to b/c I feel i've pre-treated them properly. Another way to prevent a huge loss from mold is to do some pruning before you apply neem and during the flowering stage. If you keep youre girls bushy and compact, you have to do some pruning to let the air get to places that need it the most. For pruning....def take any old, dead or yellow leaves, even big ole fan leaves. Once the (annual) plant starts to flower, the need for fan leaves dissapates as do they in color and vigor. If they oare any of the above, prune em. If good airflow stillisnt getting to your girls, then prune to open up the airflow. Choose bigger leaves to prune, there are always little leaves to still keep the biological processes going.
So basically an ounce of prevention is worth pounds of erb. bless the world!!!

S

Springwater

I personally use straight 3% for everything in the outdoor garden. I always reenoculate the soil after use if I root drench, but I've used it to bring plants back from an inch of their lives battling fungal infections, and most bugs hate the stuff as a foiler. I've never had to use it in flower, so I cant speak to that, but in times of desperation I have used a straight 3% solution as a foiler spray and root drench both with absolutely no negative side effects, however your mileage may vary.

Mix up a solution and lightly mist a water leaf with it and let it dry. If the leaf dies, it's too strong.

Cheers

soultouch

soultouch

I ddn't say that is the strongest dilution to use. Most articles I have read state 3ml/gallon of 30% HP. If you do the math...I get 30ml/gallon of 3% HP. No doubt it can be used at stronger levels.
30 ml/gallon is same as 2 oz per gallon. PPM = %AI [Active Ingrediant] in this case 3% H2O2 x 75 = 225 ppm h2o2 which i cannot remeber Molarity but a little under 1/2 is a free atom of oxygen. Some places in the Literature find effects even phytoxicity for some crops at 9ppm. Reecently I poured an 8 0z bottle of 3 % h202 into pot with root rot where i mistakenly left a transparent 1/2 liter solo cup inside a black 1/2 liter cup for 3 or 4 days and plant began to drown and suffer root rot. I believe i dumped out old water, rinsed and clorox black solo cup, rinsed and then set transparent cup back into black cup and filled to brim with straight dollar store hydrogen peroxide and lef it to sit for 10 minutes or so. I then transplanted up to 1 liter cup and then 1 gallon fabric pot and later this week will transplant to a 2 or 5 gallon fabric pot. The plant is extremely green and healthy. I occasionally use 30 ml/gallon when fertilizing and have never noticed any ill effects. I have had gallon plants sitting 1 1/2 inches deep in 20 gallon res and have not changed the water in over 1 month. No algae or slime noticed, i just top off with clean ph water or calmag water to keep ec from climbing . I am transplanting up this week so i will check all the root systems to see how they are performing and i with change out all the water and sterilize the res but so far no problems with overwatering or root rot

soultouch

soultouch

The correct equation is mix one part of 3% hydrogen peroxide to 4 parts water
this would = 225/4 or 56.25 ppm of h202
30 ml/gallon is same as 2 oz per gallon. PPM = %AI [Active Ingrediant] in this case 3% H2O2 x 75 = 225 ppm h2o2 which i cannot remeber Molarity but a little under 1/2 is a free atom of oxygen. Some places in the Literature find effects even phytoxicity for some crops at 9ppm. Reecently I poured an 8 0z bottle of 3 % h202 into pot with root rot where i mistakenly left a transparent 1/2 liter solo cup inside a black 1/2 liter cup for 3 or 4 days and plant began to drown and suffer root rot. I believe i dumped out old water, rinsed and clorox black solo cup, rinsed and then set transparent cup back into black cup and filled to brim with straight dollar store hydrogen peroxide and lef it to sit for 10 minutes or so. I then transplanted up to 1 liter cup and then 1 gallon fabric pot and later this week will transplant to a 2 or 5 gallon fabric pot. The plant is extremely green and healthy. I occasionally use 30 ml/gallon when fertilizing and have never noticed any ill effects. I have had gallon plants sitting 1 1/2 inches deep in 20 gallon res and have not changed the water in over 1 month. No algae or slime noticed, i just top off with clean ph water or calmag water to keep ec from climbing . I am transplanting up this week so i will check all the root systems to see how they are performing and i with change out all the water and sterilize the res but so far no problems with overwatering or root rot
MISTAKE straight 3% h2o2 = 225ppm. 30mls or 2 oz = 225 ppm x 2 oz / 128oz /gallon = 225/64 = 3.51ppm.

1 part 3% h202 to 4 parts water = .6 0z x 75 = 45 or 225ppm/5=45ppm

Top Bottom